worst protein shake ever

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i bought this new protein today, by prostar (some no name company). saw that it was cheap ($40 for 2.8kg) and that it was banana flavored ( my fav flavor)

anyway fast forward to tonight, im making my pre-bed protein shake, and since it's very hot, i decide to add some ice to it...

was like 12 cubes of ice, 2 scoops of powder, and like 1L of milk.

end result? the most disgusting, ice cold dough-like gooey drink. this sh!t should have been on fear factor. i drank it cause i didnt wanna waste the powder, hopefully next time when i dont add ice, it wont be like this.

if it does, it's gonna be a long month lol, cause it's a pretty big jug.

anyway, you get what you pay for.

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
i bought this new protein today, by prostar (some no name company). saw that it was cheap ($40 for 2.8kg) and that it was banana flavored ( my fav flavor)

anyway fast forward to tonight, im making my pre-bed protein shake, and since it's very hot, i decide to add some ice to it...

was like 12 cubes of ice, 2 scoops of powder, and like 1L of milk.

end result? the most disgusting, ice cold dough-like gooey drink. this sh!t should have been on fear factor. i drank it cause i didnt wanna waste the powder, hopefully next time when i dont add ice, it wont be like this.

if it does, it's gonna be a long month lol, cause it's a pretty big jug.

anyway, you get what you pay for.
ahha, that sucks man. Ive had the vanilla flavour from that company and it was average. Im using ONs 100% whey now, choc mint. Nice stuff with milk :yes:

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
worst ive ever tasted it EAS Myopro Choclate - absolute crap and expensive!

Im with Nutrisport 90+ Choclate/Strawberry now - only 22 euro a tub (900g) - thats the cheapest youll find in ireland i reckon.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dalblads Strawberry in water is poison. I'd feel I was on the verge to throw up every time I drank it. It was OK with milk.

Ohh and I'm never touching ONs vanilla again!!! That was my first protein powder and I still have halft the bag left =)

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are big girlies.

When I was a lad a protein drink consisted of raw eggs, a can of pilchards and a dash of worcester sause.

And if you were sick you caught it in a bucket and chugged it down again, the first predigested meal replacement.

Yuv all gun soft.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use pro-rated whey from costco cause it's the most convenient and super cheap (6lbs for $20).

I've been thinking about trying www.trueprotein.com because the guys that run that site know their shyt, you can customize the blends, it's pretty cheap, and you flavor it yourself... but i'm not sure yet.

As far as worst tasting shake.... that had to be the time i thought it would be a good idea to throw cottage cheese, yogurt, a scoop of powder, and some milk in a blender... lemme tell you, cottage cheese when blended is the worst thing EVER... haha.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my first protein powder was a soy vanille powder. i always loved vanille ice and stuff but since that horrible powder i feel like throwing up whenever i hear the word vanille. but soon i will try vanille powder again...it has been over one year since my horrible childhood soja vanille powder experiences.

men AGAINST soy

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
i use muscle milk. that **** OWNS. Taste like a real milkshake, only 6g of sugar too.

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Start cooking it into things and eating that instead. I'm sure it will taste fine if you mix it with oatmeal.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
made it again without ice, was great. im never experimenting with ice again.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by semag
I use pro-rated whey from costco cause it's the most convenient and super cheap (6lbs for $20).

I've been thinking about trying www.trueprotein.com because the guys that run that site know their shyt, you can customize the blends, it's pretty cheap, and you flavor it yourself... but i'm not sure yet.

As far as worst tasting shake.... that had to be the time i thought it would be a good idea to throw cottage cheese, yogurt, a scoop of powder, and some milk in a blender... lemme tell you, cottage cheese when blended is the worst thing EVER... haha.
hey thanks for linking that website, i saw it once way back and lost the link. im definetly gonna order from it once I finish this jug.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
hey thanks for linking that website, i saw it once way back and lost the link. im definetly gonna order from it once I finish this jug.
no prob bro. I know Dante's a good guy, and know's his shyt. I've been thinking about trying their stuff too, kinda like a payback for all the info from Dante at the very elast, and because I've heard a lot of good stuff.

It's just... costco is so damn cheap, and right around the corner! haha.

inferno-blade

Don Juan
Reaction score
muscle tech protien shake thats just the worst kind ever if you want to make it worse add tuna, cottage cheese, and peanut butter its horrible.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this Meal replacement stuff from Champion Nutrition, was like a multivitamin and protein mixed. It tasted like CHALK in water. In milk it was... bearable (for 22$).

Oni

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
syntrax WPI protein tastes pretty good =]

Dev

Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't tried those meal replacement things from Champion Nutrition. Maybe they're not that great according to some people here. But I use Champion Nutrition whey protein powder. It's the only stuff I use now. It tastes great and is relatively cheap.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another vote for Musclemilk. I found out about it on a best protein powder thread on bodybuilding.com

It is awesome. It has MCT's in it also has fat but no carbs.

They have alot of good flavors.

I always buy my **** through dpsnutrition.net

Nimatzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
The first time I was going to take creatine I thought I was smart and poured it into my protein shake. It was like eating the beach, I will never forgett that disgusting taste of sand.

Yes I drank it all.