Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Workplace ********

Inspector Clouseau

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"I usually don't give out my number to customers. It's a work thing."

Translation:

"I'm going to let you off real easy, buddy. I have more interest in that ****roach standing next to you -- Hi Frank -- but I'm going to lead you on into thinking that it was a chance of fate we didn't meet in some other way, where only if I had met you through a friend or car accident, I'd be more than happy for you to bang me. But I'm sorry, real sorry, I have this little "policy;" as if I really have a policy. I don't want things to get all "weird" if things go bad; as if anything worse could happen than you stop showing up. Sorry that I forgot how to pronounce the word "no", you know? Now buy something damn it."

"I have a policy against dating co-workers."

Translation:

"Even though I hate this job and have no company loyalty, that's more important to me than you. Hell, if you were Antonio Banderas, I'd get my fiesty hands on you in a heartbeat and pull you into a stock room, make out like wild bunnies on speed. I hate all the company rules, only giving them lip service, and break them at ease. Yet I'll use this never enforced company rule at my disposal to knock any glimmer of hope you may have of one day being with me. It's "the rules." I'm a good girl, I couldn't possibly ever break company rules. What's Frank the ****roach's extension? I need to call him."

"I can't do Wednesday. Wednesday is my only day off, and I must take care of some things."

Translation:

16 hours awake - 2 hours shopping = um... zero hours! Thank you for having second grade math skills.

(Woman barely dates a co-worker and never really goes anywhere.)
"I can't. I already went out with John. I don't want things to get uncomfortable."

Translation:

"Even though John and I did not make any connection of any kind, other than his wallet connecting to my dinner bill, I'll use him as my foil to get you off my back. We didn't even really date, only went out a couple of times, so we weren't really a couple or anything, but I'll deviously use my mastery of the English language like a lawyer writing a contract. I will now go out with Frank, who doesn't "count" because he's a different species than me."

Clouseau

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Inspector Clouseau:
"I usually don't give out my number to customers. It's a work thing."

Translation:

"I'm going to let you off real easy, buddy. I have more interest in that ****roach standing next to you -- Hi Frank -- but I'm going to lead you on into thinking that it was a chance of fate we didn't meet in some other way, where only if I had met you through a friend or car accident, I'd be more than happy for you to bang me. But I'm sorry, real sorry, I have this little "policy;" as if I really have a policy. I don't want things to get all "weird" if things go bad; as if anything worse could happen than you stop showing up. Sorry that I forgot how to pronounce the word "no", you know? Now buy something damn it."
A couple months ago I was PUing a bartender(9.5). It got to a point where it seemed as though she was interested (even taking into account normal hot bartender flirting habits).

HER: Nick, let me buy you a beer.
ME: I will let you buy me a beer under one condition.
HER: What's that?
ME: (Giving her a pen and a piece of paper) Write down you home phone number.
HER: I don't give out my phone number.

"I don't give out my phone number."

Hmmmmmmm.....
. Inspector, I think you are absolutely right if she makes any reference to a "work thing" or a "policy", she is treating your request for her phone number as she would some sort of business transaction if she says something like that. However in the case of this bartender I lean towards the idea that that was a self-imposed rule that she wanted me to know she had. Many female bartenders I now know have this rule they made up for themselves WAY back that they would NEVER give out their phone number.

From that point she counter-offered my attempt for a #close by offering to come hang out with her and her friends that Saturday night. Hindsight is always 20/20 but I decided to reject her counter-offer. Since my follow up sarges didn't go well, that looks like that was my window and I missed it. It just didn't seem right to me to spend my Saturday night hanging out with someone who wouldn't even give me her phone number. Not sure what it would have been like if I had gone since I did not know if her friends were girls or guys. If they were girls I could possibly gain her acceptance through them by charming them but if it was a bunch of AFC guys (or AMOG guys) she has fawning over her like groupies then fvck that.

All in all, pretty good insights, Inspector.

Nick

------------------
- The seductionist formerly known as trickynick

You either own the game or it owns you.

~"Pon atencion al latido de tu corazon...y el ritmo de tu respiracion...como te permites llegar a ser completamente llevada...por la conexion que esta tomando lugar." ~

dorian_gray-from.usa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SexPDX:
A bartender(9.5)

From that point she counter-offered my attempt for a #close by offering to come hang out with her and her friends that Saturday night. Hindsight is always 20/20 but I decided to reject her counter-offer. Since my follow up sarges didn't go well, that looks like that was my window and I missed it. It just didn't seem right to me to spend my Saturday night hanging out with someone who wouldn't even give me her phone number. Not sure what it would have been like if I had gone since I did not know if her friends were girls or guys. If they were girls I could possibly gain her acceptance through them by charming them but if it was a bunch of AFC guys (or AMOG guys) she has fawning over her like groupies then fvck that.

All in all, pretty good insights, Inspector.

Nick

Similiar story :

Met this waitress at a Bar with its own brewery in the back.

She gives me her number, I call ~

"Stop by at 8:30pm, I get off"

So I go. She's not around, but then I see her
in the back wait stations and kitchen area.

8:50pm

"I'm sorry....I get off at 11:30pm come back
then we will "go-out for dinner."

Prolog:

Because of her rude behaviour I did not go
back after telling her that I was going to come back.

I remember that I broke off a ballroom dance class mixer to meet her - so I went back to it!

Later I thought about it and I think she was not looking to "go out" but in the words of Trent from the movie Swingers

"She was pretty baby ~ looking to party" or a lay, not that she really wanted to get to know me beyond the night...

Maybe your baby was just looking to party, but did not want be "dating"

[This message has been edited by dorian_gray-from.usa (edited 07-28-2002).]

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dorian_gray-from.usa:

Similiar story :

Met this waitress at a Bar with its own brewery in the back.

She gives me her number, I call ~

"Stop by at 8:30pm, I get off"

So I go. She's not around, but then I see her
in the back wait stations and kitchen area.

8:50pm

"I'm sorry....I get off at 11:30pm come back
then we will "go-out for dinner."

Prolog:

Because of her rude behaviour I did not go
back after telling her that I was going to come back.

I remember that I broke off a ballroom dance class mixer to meet her - so I went back to it!

Later I thought about it and I think she was not looking to "go out" but in the words of Trent from the movie Swingers

"She was pretty baby ~ looking to party" or a lay, not that she really wanted to get to know me beyond the night...

Maybe your baby was just looking to party, but did not want be "dating"

[This message has been edited by dorian_gray-from.usa (edited 07-28-2002).]
ROFL, prolog? Good pal, you just meet a guy who is in the same field as you do.

WildThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess anyone who's read the bible should know that

<any excuse at all>

means

'No!'

But I'm thinking this applies in other areas too. You buy an item, it craps out on you, you take it back to the store and the sales droid says something like 'I'm sorry sir, but it's company policy to offer sales vouchers instead of refunds.'

That 'It's company policy' line is like an animal puffing itself up to make itself look bigger and more frightening.

It's also a kind of hypnosis. It's saying 'There is an outside authority here that has decided how things are. You, as a little person, are not allowed to question that decision.'

Sometimes I just say something like 'I don't care what your company policy is.'

<Pause to let them think about that.>

'I want <thing X>. Or I will do <action Y>'

Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Usually at the very least I'll get filed under the @sshole label (which doesn't worry me) and 'escalated' to someone who takes the crap and is more flexible about negotiating.

So... if you get one of these 'I have a policy...' lines, say something like 'You have a policy? Really? You mean like - in writing?'

Listen to the silence.

'Do you have a mission statement too?'

And otherwise take the idea and (as always) bust the chick's balls over it. ('Yeah, that's great. I'm - you know - really impressed. I think I want to add your stock to my portfolio now.')

Whatever.

The truth is it doesn't matter what you say as long as you don't lose your suave footing and let it put you off your game.

Remember this fact, because it's one of the most important things you'll read here:

*Any* confident come-back against *any* rejection attempt will give you a potential opening.

I can't believe how many times I've seen this. Chick says 'NO!', you stand your ground and show you don't care with a ****y and funny response, and suddenly the shield is down and she's showing interest.

For extra points that's when you walk away and she starts to worry that she's lost you.

Clue: confident doesn't mean aggressive or angry. That just appears childish. ('So fvck you! Skanky ho! Your ass is bigger than Rhode Island!!! I hate your mother!!! *And your pants are a weird color!*')

It means you keep up some moderate pressure, show moderate interest, but *don't react emotionally to the rejection.*

Of course if you're doing this with a chick that really *does* have a mission statement - it'll only end badly.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump!

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, only just read this, nice.

Arsinel

Banned
Reaction score
I think we should not try to interpret the female minds. Perhaps there are some things man was never meant to tamper with.