Working out without any fancy equipment

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I apologise if this has been asked before, and if it has then you can just link me to a previous topic answering this, but I want to ask this.

I'm a skinny guy, not too skinny, I consider myself fit, but i'd like more muscle in my chest and arms. So i've started doing pushups and situps, 50 of each every day. I'm not aware of any "rules" of working out, so is this a good start? I could probably start doing 100 a day if it was recommended, but i've heard from somewhere that it's not good to workout TOO much. I don't want a complicated answer like "do 183.11 sets of bicepular arm table rocking lifts on your supermariomuscle", just simple advice on my simple approach.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, basically you're asking for excersizes that can be performed at home, without equipment?

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty much, sorry if I wasn't very clear.

Pushups and Situps (and "bicycle situps) are all I really know, do they do a good job? What else could I do?

Nexxus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
just go to the gym. the trainer's will know what you have to do, much more effective.

at home the only thing I do is jump rope

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rather than rely on being spoon fed. Why don't you research all the quality sites on fitness training, then you can pick what fits you and advice from kosher sources?

Things like Pavel's The Naked Warrior, Matt Furey's stuff.

Do googles on bodyweight exercise advanced.

You will probably turn up things like pistols, hindu press ups, handstand pushups etc.

Laney

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pullups, chinups, yankyourselfups, pickupthechairwithyouroverweightuncleinits, squats....

Seriously though, pulls and chins are the best exercise that one can do for their upper body.... Your back being the biggest muscle group, aside from your legs.

Go get a cheap chinnin' bar!

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Your not going to build a good body without lifting some weights bro.

pushups will build endurance but they wont put on any mass.

My suggestion to you is to go to bodybuilding.com read everything you can.

Go to the store or somewhere and buy a set of dumbells.

Start with those, then upgrade to a bench and some barbells.

You can do alot with just that.