Working out and the game

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is bulking up such a big deal in the game? That's all I hear on this forum. "Go to a gym"

Not everybody can be well defined and 200lbs. My genes want me to stay at a certain weight and build. I could possibly change this by overloading my body with calories and lifting tons of weight. But would I see huge gains? Would I be doing my body harm, draining my wallet, and wasting my time?

I'm trying to be happy with having a slender frame. And reading "go to the gym" all the time makes me want to leave these forums for good.

Just like there are chubby chasers with men, there are women that like guys built slim and defined.

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
But I am really tired of the guys that can gain 20lbs and 30lbs with relative ease. I feel INFERIOR. I don't care what anyone says, I can never become a "thick" dude. The most I weighed was 155lbs and I felt VERY sluggish. Maybe my body wasn't used to the weight, but I feel so much better at about 140lbs. It seems like that's what my body was designed to weigh.

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
But I don't care anymore about my weight. If I can eat a lot, then I will. If I can't, then I won't. I'll keep exercising and keep my slender muscular frame and be happy with who I am. Maybe when I hit my thirties, my metabolism will slow down and I can put on weight easier.

Reaction score
thewarrior said:
But I am really tired of the guys that can gain 20lbs and 30lbs with relative ease. I feel INFERIOR. I don't care what anyone says, I can never become a "thick" dude. The most I weighed was 155lbs and I felt VERY sluggish. Maybe my body wasn't used to the weight, but I feel so much better at about 140lbs. It seems like that's what my body was designed to weigh.
I know how you feel. Before I started working out I was 130lbs. All my fat was stored in my stomach. Stick arms and potbelly.

I got as big as 200lbs. I had a powerlifter's build, I was strong as hell and my arms were like tree trunks, but I was really sluggish.

Now I'm at 180lbs. I move good and I have good size.

How often are you working out? What are you eating?

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Daddy The Pimp said:
You can get this kind of biceps , triceps and pecs for about 3 months on gym.
:crackup:

In what ƒucking universe are you living that you can get a body looking like that in 3 months of work at the gym?

Maybe if you had nothing else to do besides work out and cook specifically tailored meals, but for someone who has a job and responsibilities there's no ƒucking way you're going to look like that unless you put YEARS of work in.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thewarrior said:
Stop complaining. Im naturally a lean person, and i dont look as thick as other people, but i still look pretty big, so people tell me. When i first got up to 205 i started to get A LOT more attention from the ladies and everything was a lot easier. When i would go out i would get hit on all the time. Getting bigger can only help you out. It feels good to be in shape and look good. It also feels good when girls go loopy over you body.

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Muscle Guy said:
I know how you feel. Before I started working out I was 130lbs. All my fat was stored in my stomach. Stick arms and potbelly.

I got as big as 200lbs. I had a powerlifter's build, I was strong as hell and my arms were like tree trunks, but I was really sluggish.

Now I'm at 180lbs. I move good and I have good size.

How often are you working out? What are you eating?
I don't have a belly. Basically, I look very toned with a slim waist. I don't have stick legs or arms.

I work out about three days per week. I try to eat healthy. Carbs and proteins mostly. A little junk food for fat.

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you weigh 205lbs. How do you not look thick?

oakraiderz2 said:
Stop complaining. Im naturally a lean person, and i dont look as thick as other people, but i still look pretty big, so people tell me. When i first got up to 205 i started to get A LOT more attention from the ladies and everything was a lot easier. When i would go out i would get hit on all the time. Getting bigger can only help you out. It feels good to be in shape and look good. It also feels good when girls go loopy over you body.

Phoenix

Don Juan
Reaction score
#41 said:
:crackup:

In what ƒucking universe are you living that you can get a body looking like that in 3 months of work at the gym?

Maybe if you had nothing else to do besides work out and cook specifically tailored meals, but for someone who has a job and responsibilities there's no ƒucking way you're going to look like that unless you put YEARS of work in.
Or unless that is your job, I'm a trainer and do my workouts around my shifts - but have to give you a :up: - The OP's post I thought was total rubbish save for the part where he suggested we get into a gym regularly to work out; this should however be to do with your own personal health, fitness and wellbeing. Women are just getting lucky bonus when you have an nice physique to go along with that awesome personality.

It's about looking great and feeling sexy for you, women flock to that.

Reaction score
thewarrior said:
I don't have a belly. Basically, I look very toned with a slim waist. I don't have stick legs or arms.

I work out about three days per week. I try to eat healthy. Carbs and proteins mostly. A little junk food for fat.
If you want to bulk up, you have to eat a lot.

That means you will gain extra fat. That's the only way to do it naturally.

I got up to 200lbs. I starting cutting and lost the fat. At 180lbs I still have fat around my obliques, my ideal weight would probably be 170lbs. But, I like eating and would rather have a little fat than be ripped to shreds and hate every meal I eat.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
stop fvcking crying about you can't store weight.

my body "naturally" wants me to be a fat fvck. i have the slowest metobalism on earth.

it's nothing but calories in / calories out. anything else you say is BS.

some people naturally burn more than others.

some naturally burn less than others

i fyou want to bulk up, buy a timex fittness HRM watch for 50 bucks on amazon, it will tell you to the T how many clories you burnt within a 24 hour span if you wear it all day, and then if you are trying to bulk up eat 500-100 calories of LEAN foods including 1.5 grams of protien for every lean pound you have, on a daily basis. you can't NOT gain weight and that weight will be msucle if you are in the gym

on the avg day I burn right at 5,200 - 5,500 calories but that is becuase I am a cardio *****. without teh cardio it's about 3,500-,3,700 a day. I take in right at 4,700 and 5,000 calories a day and on saturdays and sundays I take in about 6,000 calories a day.

when I lost weight I would take in 2,500 calories a day.

it's not that hard. stop fvcking complaining. if you don't want to lose weight, i could give a ****, but dont' make excuses on why you can't. just say i don't want to do it and man up to being a lazy ass

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Muscle Guy said:
If you want to bulk up, you have to eat a lot.

That means you will gain extra fat. That's the only way to do it naturally.

I got up to 200lbs. I starting cutting and lost the fat. At 180lbs I still have fat around my obliques, my ideal weight would probably be 170lbs. But, I like eating and would rather have a little fat than be ripped to shreds and hate every meal I eat.

I like eating too and I assure you I eat. And eat good. I eat a subway footlong literarly 6 days a week. I eat pizza 5 days a week.

calories in - calories out. it's really that simple. seriously.

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Building up a strong, masculine frame is, in my opinion, the most important thing an ordinary guy should do if he wants to get laid more. I've seen guys with no game at all, who never approach women, get laid (not literally seen them) purely because of their looks. They merely have to turn up and some girl somewhere, nearly always a very attractive one, will make some moves and all he has to do is just go with the flow and he's getting laid that night.

Read Pook's thread "What every skinny guy should know". Yes game is important but physical looks play a large part in attraction and if you're not doing as best as you can to look your physical best then you're making things a lot harder for yourself.

No one is saying you need to have a reasonable chance of winning a bodybuilding contest, merely that you should look like a man who can lift heavy things if required and won't break in half if the sex gets rough.

Skinny guys do get laid, especially if they have good game, but from what I've seen the guys getting laid the most are generally those who have good physiques for whatever reason (e.g. the university's rugby team); the skinny guys with game are the exception. I've never seen a built guy with game, probably because such things don't generally need to exist in order to get laid, but I'd imagine that is king.

thewarrior said:
Why is bulking up such a big deal in the game? That's all I hear on this forum. "Go to a gym"

Not everybody can be well defined and 200lbs. My genes want me to stay at a certain weight and build. I could possibly change this by overloading my body with calories and lifting tons of weight. But would I see huge gains? Would I be doing my body harm, draining my wallet, and wasting my time?

I'm trying to be happy with having a slender frame. And reading "go to the gym" all the time makes me want to leave these forums for good.

Just like there are chubby chasers with men, there are women that like guys built slim and defined.
thewarrior, I'm seeing a lot of negativity from your posts, which is a game killer. If you have poor genes for strength and muscle building, read some Stuart McRoberts stuff. He was the publisher of Hardgainer magazine, a magazine devoted to diet and training articles for the genetically less well endowed and average man as opposed to the crap in Flex about the pros' latest biceps blasting routine. Good stuff in there. Providing I eat enough and stick to lower reps I get gains which suggest at least average genetics, and there is a lot of stuff in there which even I found useful.

You have most likely never been exposed to the right information, which is why your results have always been poor. Or you might just have sky high expectations ... you're not going to bulk up to over 200lbs and still have abs showing by this time next year even, let alone in a few months time, if that was what you were expecting.

But you cannot conclude that you have sh!tty genetics until you do everything right consistently for a long time. So stop whining, read some Stuart McRoberts material and practice it. Unless you want the women that genuinely prefer smaller built men rather than just settle for them, which in my experiences are the fatties or those with issues (i.e. extreme insecurity - if you're not generally appealing to other women she can be sure that you won't cheat on her, etc.).

Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I like eating too and I assure you I eat. And eat good. I eat a subway footlong literarly 6 days a week. I eat pizza 5 days a week.

calories in - calories out. it's really that simple. seriously.
I'm familiar with calories in and calories out. Thank you very much.

YOU ARE NOT EATING ENOUGH!

I'm a hard gainer too, but I didn't care. I wanted size. It was my core desire. I ate like a sumo wrestler. Guess what?

I got bigger.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thewarrior said:
Dude you weigh 205lbs. How do you not look thick?
Im 6'4. 205 on someone 6'0 isnt the same as someone my height. Im kinda lanky so...there you go. Im not skinny, and people say im big, but i have room for improvement.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Muscle Guy said:
I'm familiar with calories in and calories out. Thank you very much.

YOU ARE NOT EATING ENOUGH!

I'm a hard gainer too, but I didn't care. I wanted size. It was my core desire. I ate like a sumo wrestler. Guess what?

I got bigger.
not eating enough for what? i'm not trying to gain weight or lose it. i'm maintaing brah.

i have a eat a little less than a burn durning the week and eat about 1500 more calories on saturday and sunday because we go out to eat alot.

if i wanted to gain weight i'd be eating alot more. but i'm not.

hardgainer is sh!t.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can wear all the odd-ball top hats, bright ties and paint your fingernails black all you want, but the single best form of peacocking is having a great body. In fact most other forms of peacocking are attempts to mask a deficit in the physical. Now granted, if you are one amongst many guys who're in shape, a bit of extra flair to how you dress can be beneficial, but game and appearance are complimentary. The weakness of one has to be compensated for by the other if either is out of balance.

Connor99

Don Juan
Reaction score
you can have all the muscles in the world

if you have big ears, a big nose, chubby cheeks, boring eyes, bad hair etc chicks won't really care lol

Girls like a handsome face first. id rather have leo dicaprios or brad Pitts face and a avergae body over a guy who's ripped but has a ugly face

Now if you combine a really handsome face and physical features with a great body now u have it made lol

But id rather have the handsome face over a ripped body

And if you have a handsome face you don't need to be ripped in order to have girls fall all over you

Just look at Tom Brady...Guy is handsome and has the facial features. He's not a skinny little **** but by no means is he ripped either

Girls trip all over him. Even if he wasn't a rich NFL QB he would still get a ton of girls

Connor99

Don Juan
Reaction score
thewarrior said:

Girls dig the surfer look over the ripped look anyday

Reaction score
Connor99 said:
you can have all the muscles in the world

if you have big ears, a big nose, chubby cheeks, boring eyes, bad hair etc chicks won't really care lol

Girls like a handsome face first. id rather have leo dicaprios or brad Pitts face and a avergae body over a guy who's ripped but has a ugly face

Now if you combine a really handsome face and physical features with a great body now u have it made lol

But id rather have the handsome face over a ripped body

And if you have a handsome face you don't need to be ripped in order to have girls fall all over you

Just look at Tom Brady...Guy is handsome and has the facial features. He's not a skinny little **** but by no means is he ripped either

Girls trip all over him. Even if he wasn't a rich NFL QB he would still get a ton of girls
Ok...

1. There is nothing you can do about your face. Yes there is plastic surgery, but look at Michael Jackson.

2. Only fools and morons focus on things that can't be changed.

3. Most of us are average looking. 10% are good looking, 10% are ugly.

4. I am an average looking guy. When I was skinny with a potbelly, I had no women. When I became buff (I used to be shy), I had no women. When I became buff with game I got a lot of women.

5. Improve what you can change: Game, body, career.