Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Work...

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I work at an Olive Garden. On my 3rd day I took an extra 2 shifts, turned a 14 hour day, and got a raise. It was the most fulfilling day of my life. Why? I hadnt been training to host in a franchise for years. I didnt aspire to do anything with my job at the resteraunt. But the fact that I walked into a job and out performed people whod been there for months, got noticed by my managers, and recieved compensation in THREE DAYS speaks volumes, doesnt it?

Some people will tell you youre problems are not real. You dont have shoes... you cry. But somewhere there is a man without feet. You should be ashamed of yourself.

No. No you shouldnt. Thats not what life is about. A mans worth isnt measured against that of his neighbor, but against his own potential.

At work today, some of my less than dilligent co-workers errored when filling out a table chart, embarrising me infront of customers for half an hour before I fixed the problem myself. I was incredibly angry.

Some might say, "Anthony, you work in a resteraunt, it could be worse."

Youre right, it could be terribly worse. I could be shoveling **** for minimum wage (instead of 8 and change). But I am angry, and I have every right to be angry.

I dont live my life according to the parameters of the kid who shovels **** for minimum wage. And I dont live my life according to the parameters of the kid whos dad hands him 200 a week no questions asked. We are all individuals with our on potential, facing our own obsticals. Our lives are unique.

Another example: a friend of mine and I were discussing our plans for the future. He wants to be a state trooper, I want to be an entraprenour. He commented that I was lucky, being able to accomplish so much (finishing HS early, getting a full ride to an amazing school). I replied... "lucky? No, I simply worked to my potential. You will make a great state trooper and you will be happy. I will make a great entraprenour and I will be just as happy. I would hate being a state trooper, and you would hate being an entraprenour"

And its true.

Im sorry this post has been so ambiguous. But let me finally find a point:

We are all born with our own unique potential. We are all presented a host of different obstacles throughout our lives. Our worth, our sense of fulfillment, and I believe, our happyness, is measured by how hard we work to fulfill that potential and how often we succeed against those obstacles.

The kid down the street dates a model? Good for him. The kid down the street makes 10 dollars an hour? Good for him. None of this directly affects youre life. You shouldnt be sad because you date a 7l (unless you truley deserve a model). You shouldnt be sad that you only make 6 an hour (unless you truley deserve 10 an hour).

And likewise, if the kid down the street gets in a car accedent, good for him. You still have every right to be angry when you trip and fall. You live youre life and he will live his.

Know youre potential and work to achieve it. When you are angry, yell. When you are sad, cry. When you are happy, smile. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
great post :), and props on the raise

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You sat tables for 14 hours at Olive Garden...congratulations.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, you sure get angry a lot. Angry enough to post your problems on a message board.

It's okay though Tony my man, for help is on the way! Just calm down. Realize that other people make mistakes, and sometimes you gotta suffer the consequences! Life just isn't fair like that.

Just deal wwith it, talk to them about it, maybe joke about it so they actually remember lol. Then it'll never happen again. No matter what happens, you can always get SOMETHING positive out of it!

Now, I think you are referring to Sammo's post about his mother's quote. Man, that quote is the sh1t! Don't diss the quote. Consider how lucky you are to be where you are and instead of being pissed, make someone else's life a bit better by being an awesome person who lets nothing stand in his way, yet is not a ****y jackass about it.

Good luck dude. I hope you can calm down and not take everything so seriously.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im happy for you Tony. I wish I was in your shoes, i have been unemployed for 8 months, i have applied to countless places

What everyone should get out of Tony's post is that nomatter what job you have, you have a responsibility to do it well and work hard. You have a job, you are lucky and to show appreciation work hard.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm assuming that this post was inspired by my "Please, just try this. Tony, i am going to make apparent to you things that you don't seem to see. You are extremely confused, i have noticed this recently.

Don't take this in a bad way. I seriously mean everything im going to say in the best of intentions. However, i have seen your personallity over the last few months and know that this post will have no effect except to make you angry - but i'm going to try anyway.

Originally posted by TonyTheTigerOI
So I work at an Olive Garden. On my 3rd day I took an extra 2 shifts, turned a 14 hour day, and got a raise. It was the most fulfilling day of my life. Why? I hadnt been training to host in a franchise for years. I didnt aspire to do anything with my job at the resteraunt. But the fact that I walked into a job and out performed people whod been there for months, got noticed by my managers, and recieved compensation in THREE DAYS speaks volumes, doesnt it?

Does it? Maybe those people are happy with their positions, ever think of that. The majority of people don't like taking up positions of more responsibility, they like a more secure life. Now tell me: What is wrong with that?

Some people will tell you youre problems are not real. You dont have shoes... you cry. But somewhere there is a man without feet. You should be ashamed of yourself.
I think the point it - you SHOULDNT be ashamed of yourself.

No. No you shouldnt. Thats not what life is about. A mans worth isnt measured against that of his neighbor, but against his own potential.
Extremely entertaining phrase coming from you tony. Your constantly on an ego trip. Telling everyone how old you look, how many girls you get, then writing an essay on your love life with some girl. You are ALWAYS competing against people, this is one thing i have noticed. I remember you telling me once about your academic life, how your going to this school and you added all these factors in and 'concluded' that there are only 1% of people like you (or something like that). What you didnt consider is that the 99% of the population might not share the same goals as you. They have different values, ambitios and aspirations. They wouldnt even WANT to be like you if they could get there without work.

At work today, some of my less than dilligent co-workers errored when filling out a table chart, embarrising me infront of customers for half an hour before I fixed the problem myself. I was incredibly angry.
While you get upset about the incident, your co-workers are going to go home, watch tv, relax, and not give a ****! Now tell me, at the end of the day - who wins?

Some might say, "Anthony, you work in a resteraunt, it could be worse."

Youre right, it could be terribly worse. I could be shoveling **** for minimum wage (instead of 8 and change). But I am angry, and I have every right to be angry.
Anger will not help you. You are an over emotional person. It's something you should look in to.

I dont live my life according to the parameters of the kid who shovels **** for minimum wage. And I dont live my life according to the parameters of the kid whos dad hands him 200 a week no questions asked. We are all individuals with our on potential, facing our own obsticals. Our lives are unique.
Yes. Our lives are unique. You are no BETTER then anyone else, however you are extremely LUCKY to have 2 feet, 2 eyes, 2 arms and a fully functional brain.

Another example: a friend of mine and I were discussing our plans for the future. He wants to be a state trooper, I want to be an entraprenour. He commented that I was lucky, being able to accomplish so much (finishing HS early, getting a full ride to an amazing school). I replied... "lucky? No, I simply worked to my potential. You will make a great state trooper and you will be happy. I will make a great entraprenour and I will be just as happy. I would hate being a state trooper, and you would hate being an entraprenour"
But still there are only 1% of people as good as you.

And its true.

Im sorry this post has been so ambiguous. But let me finally find a point:

We are all born with our own unique potential. We are all presented a host of different obstacles throughout our lives. Our worth, our sense of fulfillment, and I believe, our happyness, is measured by how hard we work to fulfill that potential and how often we succeed against those obstacles.
Not everyones obstacles are the same. What i'm trying to TELL you is look at your obstacles and see how insignificant they are compared to some other peoples obstacles. You have no right to be angry. You have no right to be upset. Your life is not hard, it never will be - not compared to some peoples.

The kid down the street dates a model? Good for him. The kid down the street makes 10 dollars an hour? Good for him. None of this directly affects youre life. You shouldnt be sad because you date a 7l (unless you truley deserve a model). You shouldnt be sad that you only make 6 an hour (unless you truley deserve 10 an hour).
People succeeding is great, i agree wholeheartedly. I'm just saying that they should consider how valid their emotions are before they let them control them.

And likewise, if the kid down the street gets in a car accedent, good for him. You still have every right to be angry when you trip and fall. You live youre life and he will live his.

Know youre potential and work to achieve it. When you are angry, yell. When you are sad, cry. When you are happy, smile. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
Good for him he got in a car accident? That's cold. Perhaps you havent experienced these kinds of things like i have first hand, so i wont say anything more about it.

Of course you will get angry/sad but when you attempt to justify your emotions it becomes a really enlightening experience. If people follow your advice they will just end up an over-emotional wreck.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya'all majorly misread the post. It wasnt an ego inflating thread. It was one expressing modesty. Im saying that the hard work I applied makes me happy, but it makes me no better, no happier, than someone less "successful."

The fact that everyones obstacles are different is precicely the point, sam. Ive never been in a car accedent - but Ive been hit by three cars. I have plates and screws in a few places holding me together. Thats life. I dont expect anyone to gaugue their pain by the pain I have felt. I dont expect anyone to gaugue their pleasure by hte pleasure I hae felt. I expect people to live their own lives.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Respect his point of view when trying to make yours stand.

I agree on one point. You are looking to prove you're the best to the world, not to yourself. You proved that long ago. And that's why these posts keep coming up. Your entire mindset depends on those looking upon you or even better: those looking up to you. They are the inspiration you act from. How can you be what you first set out to become in such a situation?

Remember when we were talking about Chelsea? You told me why you were going to do what you were going to do? It didn't have to do anything with what you wanted to do. Everything was based on some perfect way to do things!

I think you should start thinkng about yourself in regards to yourself. Social proof plays quite the role in your life at the moment and I don't think others should influence your emotions on such a level.

In regards to the actual post, I get what you're saying and I do agree. I think it's been misunderstood or rather people would have to know you a bit better for it to sink in the right way.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a man on fire.

Looking back at all Ive posted, over the last four years, I have to laugh. I stroked quite an ego, didnt I? Its a shame this post was so beautifully inarticulate - because it was ment to turn away from my previous [infamous] style.

I lived, for a long time, comparing myself to everyone else. I would be angry at clubs when other guys would leave with the HB9+ and I was left nursing my beer in the corner. I would be angry in training when other goalkeepers would make the save that I wanted to make. I would be angry when others would get my A on an essay.

And then, I decided not to compare myself to others in general. I decided to live, comparing myself only to those my age. And it was a monumental improvement. I felt so much better about my life, without constantly measuring myself and coming up short.

But I would still get angry... every now and again... when I would see beautiful HS girls out with dorky HS guys. When a kid drove a nicer car than me. When a kid would get accepted to a more prestigious college than me. And... especially... as LIK said... when HS girls didnt recognize and respect who I was in relation to the other guys around them.

And then, after that 14 hour day, I realized it was all wrong. I dont need to live to anyone elses standards. I dont need to feel ashamed for my emotions. I dont need to be affected by the gravity (or lack thereof) surrounding others lives. I worked my ass off, went beyond the call of duty, recieved recognition... and it felt good. It had nothing to do with anyone or anything outside of myself. I had achieved something, and it felt good.

To a kid from an affluent family who hasnt worked a day in his life, this wouldnt even seem an accomplishment. To a kid from a poor family whos been working 6 days a week since he was 15 this would have been monumental. It was neither. It was "good." It was fulfilling. And it was mine.

We are all social creatures. But every man and every woman is their own island. YOU ARE YOURE OWN ISLAND.

All Im trying to say is that you should live youre life according to youre own parameers. The harder you work and in turn successful you are in relation to the obstacles you face, the happier you will be. Be true to yourself.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sammo - after rereading youre post Ive found you are acctually in accordance with the views I was TRYING (but so obviously failed) to articulate.

Does it? Maybe those people are happy with their positions, ever think of that. The majority of people don't like taking up positions of more responsibility, they like a more secure life. Now tell me: What is wrong with that?

THAT IS THE POINT!!! People should live their lives striving to reach their potential... nothing less. NOTHING MORE And they shouldnt be ashamed... as I went on to type, if you re-read the original post.

Youre right, im incredibly proud of myself. Im arrogant and I love it. But that is only because I have worked so hard and achieved so much - I work to my potential. Some people wonder why the "natural DJ" jock has so much confidence. Its because he is working towards his potential. Its that simple. His potential might be pretty low... he might settle for a 30k a year job with a pension after getting a 2 yr degree. But if that is the result of a maximization of his natural ability and hard work - he will be incredibly happy and incredibly confident. Its really that simple.

At the end of the day, who wins?

We both do. I get angry, figure out how to prevent this in the future, and become a better worker. They had an unusually easy day at work, so they get to relax. Assuming their natural potential would not have them as a manager, they will still be happy.

Anger will not help you

Yes it will. So will fear. So will Love. Emotions are the buildingblocks of conciousness. They are the reason... for reason itself.

You are no better than anyone else

Sure I am... better at trivial things like sitting people at the olive garden and taking the SATs. But am I happier? Thats a far more important question - and precicely the point of this post. All the trivial skills I possessed didnt make me happy. Hard work towards the realization of my potential was more fulfilling than any award or accolade I had recieved.

they will become an overemotional wreck

Oh really? Months ago... when I was thinking logically... I let a girl TEAR ME APART. I cried. Is that logical?

It is human nature to fight logic... or at least to test it. Tell a man that paint is wet and he will be compelled to touch it.

By embracing my emotions these last few weeks, it is like someone has turned the volume down on my life. Pain doesnt hurt so much. Sacrefice doesnt seem so laborious. Life is EASIER now that I trust myself and my feelings. And... believe it or not... Im accomplishing more now than I ever was when I was thinking "logically."

Man on Fire

Lost In the Seas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, you live your own life, other people live theirs. But being in the same race humans should look out for eachother, giving the needed a helping hand.

I do however agree on the idea of how our life's accomplishments are meant to be measured on how much of our full potential we achieved, and not by comparing our achievements to everyone else.