Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women don’t know what beautiful women look like

M

member162951

Take handbags for example. Women who carry Hermes Kelly bags or Hermes Birkin bags move in a very different social strata than women who carry Michael Kors or Coach bags. The first group is far more socially elite. Women who carry Vuitton bags or Gucci fall in between. Same is true for jewelry. Van Cleef & Arpels is a very different thing than David Yurman. Whether or not you fit into the group can be determined by how versed one is in this language of fashion & style. Same is true for men. Loro Piana suiting is elite, Hugo Boss from Dillards is not.

That doesn't mean you can't look nice in whatever. But there is a language of style that can matter a great deal in certain circles. In England a lady is not getting into the Royal Ascot, for example, in a dress that is too short (at the knee or above). In the Catholic church brides are not permitted to wear a strapless or spaghetti strap gown. Country clubs have sctrict dress codes and the type of people who have country club memberships expect a certain level of decorum.

So I think it is foolish to be unaware of what is appropriate in certain environments.
@BeExcellent re all of this^^, I was raised upper middle class in suburban Westchester, my family belonged to a prestigious yacht club, my dad taught me to sail and race our boat in competition, my parents gave extravagant parties where I basically served as a "prop" for my extremely status conscious mom to show off to her equally status conscious friends, I attended the best schools, I wore the best clothes, etc etc etc.

So YES I am quite aware of the various social classes and what is "appropriate" in certain environments. This is not a knock against either of us because we each bring our own style and value to the table, but I choose to not live my life that way. I don't care whether my handbag is Hermes Kelly, Hermes Birkin or Michael Kors or Coach. Or whether my shoes are Gucci or whomever.

This drove my status conscious mom absolutely bonkers and perhaps I was a bit of a rebel against it, but I chose to take after my dad who immigrated to the U.S. from Lithuania, was raised poor with very little to even eat sometimes, but worked his ass off in school, received a fully-funded scholarship to Columbia University and then NYU Law School and became a very successful attorney, married my mom, moved to a high end neighborhood in Westchester County and raised six kids.

Unlike my mom, he couldn't give a rat's rear end about social class or "status" or designer anything, but he played the part for my mom, until he couldn't anymore and married a beautiful woman on his same wavelength in that regard who became the love of his life.

He was also a true humanitarian, despite his extremely busy professional schedule, he was a member of various organizations serving the under-privileged and he instilled those values in us as well. Helping others not as fortunate as we were.

In truth, I have adopted my dad's values, working hard to achieve your goals despite the obstacles and who "rebel" (for lack of a better word) against status and what society deems "appropriate" and I look for those same qualities and values in the men I date and have relationships with.

As such I moved away from that area to southern California where yes there are people who are extremely status conscious and value the social classes but also those who are not as much, it's much more diverse than where I grew up. This suits me and my style much better.

Also and you (and some men here) may find it odd, but the man who picks me up in his expensive high end BMW or Mercedes Benz wearing his designer suit and attempting to dazzle me by taking me to the best most expensive restaurant on the beach in La Jolla or Del Mar, actually turns me OFF.

100% truth and I have done it!! Much to their dismay.

I much prefer he pick me up in a jeep and take me to a low key pub with great vibe, great music and good eats. Let's share some apps, talk, get to know each other, and connect. On a deeper level than what designer outfit we're wearing or the type of cars we each drive. No thanks.

So yeah to each her own, right? Again, no wrong or right, every woman has her own style, things she values more than others, things about her that men value more than others.

What's important is that we choose people who match what WE ourselves value who are on our same vibrational wave length.

$.02.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree @pipeman84 I always keep my fingernails AND toenails well manicured and polished, I am almost obsessed about it, lol.

And men (even strangers on the street!) have noticed and commented (complimented), especially my toes after just getting a pedicure. Guys, it's a great way to cold approach a girl too, I've had many men do it..

Course here in SoCal, we're always wearing toeless and strapless sandals so keeping toes manicured and polished is almost a necessity!

It makes a difference and again men definitely DO notice how pretty my toes (and nails) look even when they're not intentionally hitting on me.
I definately DO notice that. I wouldnt go as far as to say i have a foot - fetish but cute feet with colored nails are an eyecatcher and definately a sign that a woman makes an effort to take care of herself.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, all the women I’ve been around have no idea what beautiful women look like. Invariably they select string featured, slightly masculine or powerful women as what they think of female beauty. Either that or a very rich looking woman.

the kind of feminine, delicate beauty I like, my wife sneers at and says “there are tons of women out there like that”

Margot Robbie is one like this. I really think she’s average and she looked middle aged in Barbie. The women on Reddit were raging about that, “how can these incels criticise Margot Fkin Robbie”? Yeah, she’s not all that and never was. She has that Hollywood face,just kind of bland and boring.

plus her mouth looks kind of too big for her face, I notice this a lot in terms of American beauty, the US pin ups seem to have a very pronounced teethy smile
Yeah, I can see that. Just like some men think that the ideal of male beauty is some roided up gorilla, while most women drool over guys who look like Justin Bieber.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno guys, I think if a woman is even just moderately self-aware, observant of the world around her and pays attention to how a man (or men) react and respond to her at various times and wearing various modes of attire, she knows what he will like.
You are forgetting self-delusion, a powerful tool that some women use to maximum extent to protect their ego.

Mertz09

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, all the women I’ve been around have no idea what beautiful women look like. Invariably they select string featured, slightly masculine or powerful women as what they think of female beauty. Either that or a very rich looking woman.

the kind of feminine, delicate beauty I like, my wife sneers at and says “there are tons of women out there like that”

Margot Robbie is one like this. I really think she’s average and she looked middle aged in Barbie. The women on Reddit were raging about that, “how can these incels criticise Margot Fkin Robbie”? Yeah, she’s not all that and never was. She has that Hollywood face,just kind of bland and boring.

plus her mouth looks kind of too big for her face, I notice this a lot in terms of American beauty, the US pin ups seem to have a very pronounced teethy smile
OBW Margot Robbie is an Australian actress. She is not from the USA. I find her a beautiful woman, strikingly so.

Mertz09

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You are forgetting self-delusion, a powerful tool that some women use to maximum extent to protect their ego.
Well yes. Men also have self-delusion. Men have egos to protect also.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No worries @JoyDivision1990 about all that. Like you I grew up accustomed to that environment. So like you I understand these things.

Many people however have no idea. So I was explaining it for those who don't know.

So yes, I understand what a beautiful woman is, I understand what appeals to men, and I am cognizant of the environment I find myself in.....as a beautiful woman....

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fair enough.

Great quote I find quite apropo:

"Money talks, wealth whispers."

Pretty much says it all imo. :)
Correct. Old money is quiet money. New money? Not so much, lol. Think Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack. His character was that irreverent about country club culture for a reason. The whole movie pokes fun at "the establishment."

M

member162951

Correct. Old money is quiet money. New money? Not so much, lol. Think Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack. His character was that irreverent about country club culture for a reason. The whole movie pokes fun at "the establishment."
We're getting off the original topic but where I'm from and what I was taught (from my dad) was that true wealth (not necessary old money) was quiet not loud.

From Linkedin:

>>Money often talks loudly when it comes to extravagant lifestyles and conspicuous consumption. People with substantial resources can easily flaunt their wealth by driving luxury cars, living in extravagant mansions, and indulging in ostentatious hobbies. While these displays may garner attention and envy, they don't necessarily reflect true wealth. True wealth, which whispers, can be seen in a lifestyle that is comfortable and fulfilling without the need for constant extravagance. It prioritizes financial security, investments, and experiences over material possessions. It's quiet, it whispers.<<

This is how I choose to live. Unpretentiously but comfortably. And I gravitate to those same qualities in men. Since I am attracted to ambition, I tend to attract successful men, but again they're quiet and unpretentious about it.

Same with beauty. Just like true wealth, it's quiet, it whispers. I have no need to talk about it or even mention it. Including who designed my dress or shoes or the handbag I carry. It doesn't add to my value as a human being, so there is no need to, imo.

I am not judging women who do, to each her own. In fact I have a friend who, every time we get together, she asks what designer am I wearing. I often don't even know honestly, and she will actually check the label! It's not who I am but she's been a good friend for years so I just chuckle.

No wrong or right, just different.

Anyway, sorry guys, back to topic.....

Last edited by a moderator:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've definitely experienced this phenomenon where women will praise another women's looks, and I will wonder what the heck it is she's thinking. Some of it is simply different taste. If we looked at a woman, some of us will most likely find her attractive, and others will will less impressed. So it's the same with women looking at other women. Another thing is maybe they will be focusing on one particular thing that they like, like maybe they like their hairdo, or their earrings, or their dress, or their eye shadow, or wish they had nicer legs like them, or whatever.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed women I have dated tend to find other women similar to their own appearance most attractive.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OBW Margot Robbie is an Australian actress. She is not from the USA. I find her a beautiful woman, strikingly so.
She looks American. Her mouth is too big for her face and her teeth look like they’re made of the space shuttle

LTG71

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Oh they know. Point out a beautiful woman and they typically will find something to criticize, disqualify or ignore her. They have to find a way to get your attention away from them. The baseline is her own self perceived level of attractiveness. Chics fatter than her, not a problem. Thinner chics with tighter bodies and nice clothes, problem.

If @BeExcellent rolled up in that yellow dress it would be something like, “oh look at her, she looks trashy…”. Not trashy, but hotter than you so the disqualications come flying out.