Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women and their Separation Anxiety?

zaffuh

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I tried searching around this forum for possible answers but I couldn't really find any in the realm I was looking for. The closest thread to my "problem" would be "I think I over-dj'd my girlfriend" by Enjin 7, and there weren't any answers there.

So I've been dating this girl for 8 months now and we have a sturdy relationship. I am in power within all aspects with our relationship and things are great. The only thing is when she is going to leave my apartment or I leave hers, she gets really upset and cries. Shes an attractive woman so it makes sense to me that these types of women are very emotional. Just it takes a huge toll on me. Even if she gets upset just because she hates to leave me. I don't claim to "over-dj" her but I think I've identified possible sources of error in my ways.

Within 8 months we have grown really close, we do constantly text--she lives in an adjacent state--since I work during the week I only get to see her on weekends till we go back to campus in the fall. She waits to see me all week and so when we do we have fun but everytime she's going to leave or I am, she will get very upset. She assures me nothings wrong, she just cries because she doesn't want to leave me.

These kind of emotions just stress me out even though she says she misses me. I do know she is clearly very emotional. But I was wondering if anyone else has been in the same position and how they handled it and such.

Thanks,
Zaf

catman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you got a clingy,needy one on your hands fella. Some men can put up with this usually the clingy,needy themselves.Drives me bonkers cause these women dont understand that i have a life when were not together.Alot of the women i have dated with mental issues also pulled this at first too so be careful would be my advice to you. You dont want to spend 24/7 with anybody or you will get real sick of each other real quick.Dont give up your hobbies and interests or friends for anyone expecially women.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you're doing keep doing it. There's nothing going wrong here, and her IL seems incredibly high right now. If it ain't broke don't fix it my friend.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last edited:

zaffuh

Reaction score
Blue Phoenix said:
Take a look:
1. http://anxietypanichealth.com/reference/separation-anxiety-disorder-adult/
2. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/508832
Later, tell us if it rings a bell.

Be careful, it´s very easy to confuse a clingy person with one with high interest level. The first is with you out of "fear"; the second, because she´s attracted to you. Or maybe she´s clingy and attracted to you, which is another possibility.
Thanks Blue Phoenix and everyone replying to this post,

After reading those articles, I can't really compare the disorders they described there with my girlfriend. She doesn't go crazy when I'm separated from her, I've seen her cry over small things before too, so maybe she is just upset that she's going to be away from me. I think that she is clingy and attracted to me, that makes more sense. She will do ANYTHING to please me, so I guess I should just be thankful. I just want to know how do people deal with these clingy type girls. I want to maintain the room while still keeping her. You know?

Zaf