Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Women and good looking guys

Take No Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read somewhere on this So Suave web site that despite what women (when polled) said to the contrary, they are attracted to good looking men. Yes, they'll tell the pollsters that looks don't matter, just the man's personality, but men and women are VISUAL creatures. All things (i.e., personality, character, integrity) being equal, a gal would choose the dude who's good looking.

Gals see your physical appearance first before they even get to know you. By being attractive, you get your foot inside her door before your less handsome rivals.

Having said all that, is there little hope for the dude who's not that attractive?

If you do all of the following, you'll at least have a fighting chance with the rest of the competition.

1. Try to lose excess weight (most women do not go for fat men).

2. Get a nice hair style.

3. Professionallly bleach your teeth if you can afford it (stained teeth are a big turnoff).

4. Take care of your bad breath (people can detect your BB up to 3 feet away).

5. Acne, blemishes and zits can be treated with a variety of products out there.

6. Wear an expensive cologne (go to: http://www.sosuave.com/quick/tip31.htm for the most popular brand names). Use an ordorless underarm deordorant.

7. Spend some money to get a nice assortment of MODERN men's clothes (look at department store ads).

8. Shoes make Da Man! Women always notice the shoes you're wearing. Wear matching socks.

9. Buy good quality belts for your trousers.

10. If you must sport a beard, have it neatly trimmed. Trim nose and ear hairs.

11. Get a pair of modern looking eye glasses or better yet, wear contacts.

12. Clean fingernails.

Invest in yourself -- you won't regret it. If you've done all of the above and coupled with your DJs skills and your good character, integrity and trustworthiness, then you have done everything humanly possible to attract the chicks. Your chance at success has been greatly enhanced.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Take No Dirt:

I do agree 100%, that good looks just gets your foot in the door easier. That is all i think good looks will do for ya. Of course the 6'2, handsome, fit guy will get checked out alot more than the 5'7, overweight, balding guy! My sister even said " You do not have to be a good-looking guy for a an attractive girl to be attracted to you." Now by all means, i am not brutally handsome, but i am far from an eyesore as well...I give myself about a 7-7.5). A friend of mine looks like a model and constantly gets checked out! He is the type of guy that has women drooling all over him before he even opens his mouth. However, he is shy and lacks good conversatiional skills=no women. Like everyone has said, you see plenty of ugly dudes with hot women as well.

Lorenzo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post, how true it is my friend...

------------------
Master Don Juan
Anthony (Lorenzo)
AIM: EnzoOOI

"IF ya can't beat 'em, then they're not tied down hard enough!" - me and my budds(all in fun)...

redvoodoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
a guy being attrative can be definitly ahead of the game however I see and hear women check out or talk about a guy that has a gut and receeding hairline with a crewcut and she thinks hes sexy and i see attractive women with these types of men all the time not that they dont deserve them its not like you would think it should be. Ive heard women say they dont want a man that is goodlooking...go fig....but i think thats a insecurity isssue on her part.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
I think the bottom line is: Looks are important to women, but not on the same scale as guys judge girls. How many times do you see good-looking guys with ugly or average looking girls?....not quite often!! How many times do you see average or below averge guy with attractive women....quite a bit!!

Guys who are good-looking should concentrate on their confidence and game rather than their looks. I am 6'0 and consider my self on the above average side in the looks department. In college, i figured i could still be introverted and still get girls becuase i looked decent! Boy, I SURE WAS WRONG!! I did pretty pathetic in college(only hooked up 3x) with no beauty queens either!! At 24, I have alot of mistakes to make up for.

Virtuoso

Reaction score
Originally posted by mahon83050:
I think the bottom line is: Looks are important to women, but not on the same scale as guys judge girls. How many times do you see good-looking guys with ugly or average looking girls?....not quite often!! How many times do you see average or below averge guy with attractive women....quite a bit!!

Guys who are good-looking should concentrate on their confidence and game rather than their looks. I am 6'0 and consider my self on the above average side in the looks department. In college, i figured i could still be introverted and still get girls becuase i looked decent! Boy, I SURE WAS WRONG!! I did pretty pathetic in college(only hooked up 3x) with no beauty queens either!! At 24, I have alot of mistakes to make up for.
SO true bro I'm 24 too. That post could have easily been written by me!

Looks are important, but only to a point.

A note on looks. My friend tried to talk to this girl with some raggedy looking shoes on and she punked him off. A couple of days later he came in with his best pair and she was all over him, I tried the same experiment at school, same thing.

Shoes are very important. Some girl told me that she'd rather talk to a guy with clean shoes and regular clothes, than expensive gear with raggedy shoes.

Don the Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take no Dirt,

Very true. Good post. Presentation is important. You wouldn't want to look like a slob on a job interview? Why would you look like one when trying to meet women?

Excellent checklist!!

Legend

------------------
"Do not fear failure." George S. Patton

"Do not make excuses, whether it s your fault or not."....George S. Patton

"Anyone in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself and the American way." ... George S. Patton

DJ de Florida

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the most important things you can wear is a great smile.

To add on to this list, I've heard women constantly mentioning the following things men do that turn them off regarding looks:

1) Wearing white socks with jeans and sneakers
2) Brown shoes/black belt or brown belt/black shoes
3) Combing hair over to cover baldness
4) Wearing clothes too tight
5) Not matching clothes in general.

------------------
DJ de Florida
Just Do It!

1) Progress always involves risk: you can't steal second base and keep your foot on first.

2) Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.

3) You never really lose until you stop trying.

wjboogy

Banned
Reaction score
good post, but how come bashful got beat up for posting the same thing. very strange.

anyways,
I agree, looks do matter, and girls will over look the average looking guy, to get to the nice looking one. Conversation skills do factor in but come on now, if your a nice lookin guy about say, 20,21, youve already been fine tuned in talkin to girls. Girls will fall all over you. Why not, youve had a lot of experience/success dealing with girls.

Ive tried the whole dressing nicely, smelling good,cologne,keeping hair cut nicely and all that stuff. Ive been shot down the same amount of times. Personally i dont know what the heck to do. Usually i just say, f*&^ it, and start goin to school dressin the way i feel like. Whatever makes me feel confortable. Hey! just like i did today. Who cares, their not lookin my way anyways.

But if you guys have success with it, more power to ya.

Drew

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wjboogy:
good post, but how come bashful got beat up for posting the same thing. very strange.
B]

Bashful didn't post anything of the sort. Bashful's main point was that no matter what you do ie work out, change hair style, change clothing style, it won't matter. Bashful thought only looks mattered and nothing else and that there was nothing you could do to change the looks. The things Take No Dirt is suggesting on things you can change to better yourself which is always advocated here.

anti-trend

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont think it matters, i dress pretty wierd and i got an afro. i say just dress how you feel like. a woman will like you for who you are. IMHO