Wishing It was how everyone says it is?

The Karate Kid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, do you guys ever wish that dating and relationships were like how the mainstream says they are? That there is true love, and all that?

Lately I have been a bit depressed as i have gotten oneitis over a girl i dated about a year ago, who i really cared about, but was just bad timing for me(recent breakup made me put up walls).

Now i know that even though she felt for me, she moved on, and now has a new guy. Tears me up, and makes me wish things were how everyone claims, since i know i have no chance, save disappearing for like a year.

anyone else ever felt like that?

Guess im just in a funk, and wishing that i had made the right choices with this one..

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Karate Kid said:
Hey guys, do you guys ever wish that dating and relationships were like how the mainstream says they are? That there is true love, and all that?

Lately I have been a bit depressed as i have gotten oneitis over a girl i dated about a year ago, who i really cared about, but was just bad timing for me(recent breakup made me put up walls).

Now i know that even though she felt for me, she moved on, and now has a new guy. Tears me up, and makes me wish things were how everyone claims, since i know i have no chance, save disappearing for like a year.

anyone else ever felt like that?

Guess im just in a funk, and wishing that i had made the right choices with this one..
This is going to sound harsh, but stop bing a little girl. Life isn't a fairy tale. You're investing too much of your personal happiness in having a girl, or that specific girl.

i have gotten oneitis over a girl i dated about a year ago, who i really cared about, but was just bad timing for me(recent breakup made me put up walls).
This is the kind of bullsh!t a girl will tell a guy she doesn't want to date to not hurt his feelings. Guy's don't put up "walls".. at least not against hot girls they like. Stop feeling sorry for your poor tortured soul and move on. It was a year ago. You're letting yourself dwell and be unhappy so you have an excuse to not move forward. It takes courage to be happy.

The Karate Kid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chickfight said:
This is the kind of bullsh!t a girl will tell a guy she doesn't want to date to not hurt his feelings. Guy's don't put up "walls".. at least not against hot girls they like.

Well, I walked away from her when i was having trouble letting her in because of the circus **** show my ex put me through. I put up walls, whether you believe that or not. She didnt tell me anything. She actually wanted to be with me, but I wasnt ready to commit, so i bailed. So she moved on. Biggest mistake i have made.

Things arent as cut and dry as this site makes things out to be.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Karate Kid said:
Chickfight said:
This is the kind of bullsh!t a girl will tell a guy she doesn't want to date to not hurt his feelings. Guy's don't put up "walls".. at least not against hot girls they like.

Well, I walked away from her when i was having trouble letting her in because of the circus **** show my ex put me through. I put up walls, whether you believe that or not. She didnt tell me anything. She actually wanted to be with me, but I wasnt ready to commit, so i bailed. So she moved on. Biggest mistake i have made.

Things arent as cut and dry as this site makes things out to be.

The biggest mistake you've made was leaving some girl?

Okay, so you're obviously living a pretty awesome life then. Sorry for the lack of sympathy, but it just doesn't seem like a big deal. I wish my biggest mistake in life were breaking up with a girl. I have bigger things to concern myself with.

Nikoli

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think "true love" representations in extreme mainstream media are completely misleading, misguided, stupid, and nowhere near what real life is really like.

Your problem here is putting too much faith in the mainstream. They will always pitch you the easiest cookie cutter version of reality because they are trainign your mind to be complacent and non critical.

Take a step outside the mainstream and start consuming real art, be it films or literature, and I think you'll start seeing beyond this black and white perception that seems to effect those who consume mainstream media.

The truth is way less glamorous then the latest Matthew Mochaneghy movie. Instead it's embedded in contradictions and conflicts that effect all of us. We are creatures of both the light and the dark. True endings are when the guy does not get the girl, like Gatsby sitting on the end of his dock searching for the green light of his past. Often things end in heartbreak and missed connections. These are the truths of our time, and great art reflects this. When we feel the pain for Romeo and Juliet something resonates inside all of us, for we have all known that pain. This is what it is to be alive...

The Karate Kid

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear you guys. I think my issues are really stemming from the fact that i took a life i was happy with and changed things to where i am pretty unhappy. Im in a new place, away from friends, and family. I dont have the direction i had before either. And I left a girl that was genuinely there for me, still is actually. I never had that before, so it matters quite a lot.

I did all this because i was chasing happiness, when i had it where i was. Too focused on the future to see that i was happy with the present.

I do like the mainstream beliefs on things. Life doesnt seem as great when you know that you really only have yourself. So i like thinking that there is unconditional love out there. it may be foolish, but it makes me more optimistic about life

Cherokee

Don Juan
Reaction score
in life we all make choices, sometimes for the better, or worse.

I used to chase happiness, everywhere, but when you realise everyone is chasing something, it makes sense to simply slow down and look around.

I agree that everything is relevant though, and a girl in Iceberg's eyes is probably the least of his concerns, but you're not Iceberg and you don't have his lifestyle. So you cannot comprehend where he is coming from.

It's like when I heard a person say, "look at those poor children dying of starvation, they don't miss technology do they?"

I won't even go into why that question is stupid.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
There aren't too many women you'll meet that you really, truly adore.

When you have one and lose her, you tend to keep her in your mind until the next one comes along, unfortunately.

Sub-par women won't cure you.

As for FTOW - if only it were that easy to find 10 other women who you like as much as her.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Wishing it was how everyone says it is?"

No way, I'm having too much fun.