Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Winter Formal on Friday and I need a date,

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Well, the winter formal is coming up and I'm looking for a date, there are a lot of girls that I would take, but I'm just scared of getting rejected and I'm just not sure about how to go about asking a random girl to the formal. As you guys probably already know, I'm not good at building rapport with a girl and if I approach a girl with my current approach, it's a surefire rejection and who can blame them? No girl wants to go to a dance, with a guy that she can't even have a decent conversation with.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the feeling that you dont know what the DJ Bible is.

Read it! Then you wont ask such questions.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Taviii
I have the feeling that you dont know what the DJ Bible is.

Read it! Then you wont ask such questions.
I've read the DJ Bible alright, but most of the situations it gives for this kind of thing, are more real world situations, than situations that would occur in High School.

Originally posted by Docs
Viper.

A S K ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
But that's the thing dude, if I approach a random girl and ask her to do the dance, it will probably turn out something like this.
Me: Hey.
Girl: Hey.
Me: So, what's your name?
Girl: [Name]
Me: Oh, that's interesting, I'm Mike.
Me: So, how's it going [name]?
Girl: [Replies]
Me: Oh, that's cool, do you want to go to the winter formal with me?
Girl: [Makes up some excuse not to go with me or just flat out says no or says something like, "Haha, are you kidding?"]
Like I said, I'm not a naturally funny guy and I'm not good at building rapport.

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Viper
Well, the winter formal is coming up and I'm looking for a date, there are a lot of girls that I would take, but I'm just scared of getting rejected and I'm just not sure about how to go about asking a random girl to the formal. As you guys probably already know, I'm not good at building rapport with a girl and if I approach a girl with my current approach, it's a surefire rejection and who can blame them? No girl wants to go to a dance, with a guy that she can't even have a decent conversation with.
Start a conversation, ask what she's doing this weekend, mention the winter formal, then if she's not going with anyone, say she can go with you.

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you constantly defeat yourself before the fight hasn't even started?

Have you tried asking? NO

Have you approached a random girl? NO

Have you taken advice from anyone on here? NO

Have you called AC/DC?????

Dude, the first time won't be perfect. Trust me on this. I asked a girl out and I was fukin nervous as hell....it came off wrong....like I was a puss...but hey she accepted :D lol.

Anyways, the point is, now I know what I did wrong. Not from reading some DJ bible post, from from EXPERIENCE. I know I messed up, but I am proud I grabbed my balls and did it so that in the future I may ask in a smoother way.

Now I want you to go out and make us proud.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kerensky
Why do you constantly defeat yourself before the fight hasn't even started?

Dude, the first time won't be perfect. Trust me on this. I asked a girl out and I was fukin nervous as hell....it came off wrong....like I was a puss...but hey she accepted :D lol.

Anyways, the point is, now I know what I did wrong. Not from reading some DJ bible post, from from EXPERIENCE. I know I messed up, but I am proud I grabbed my balls and did it so that in the future I may ask in a smoother way.

Now I want you to go out and make us proud.
It's not even that dude, I've approached girls SEVERAL times and I know from experience, that I just can't build rapport. I'm not even nervous when approaching girls anymore, but I just can't build interest, even if the girl was attracted to me at first, by the end of the conversation she probably wouldn't be.

Oh yes and many of your upper statements were wrong. No I haven't tried asking, but I've approached random girls and have taken MUCH of the advice I have been given. I already disclosed the reason why I'm hesitant to call AC/DC, I don't see why he can't just AIM me, I have a microphone anyway.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
But that's the thing dude, if I approach a random girl and ask her to do the dance, it will probably turn out something like this.

edit: by the end of the conversation she probably wouldn't be.
Stop being so self-consious.

Dude, the first time won't be perfect. Trust me on this. I asked a girl out and I was fukin nervous as hell....it came off wrong....like I was a puss...but hey she accepted lol.
He nailed it. NERVOUS, and did it WRONG, but still got her.

Never assume you can fail. However, assume you can pass. Comeon Viper, we don't need another 4 page thread on helping you out.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Stop being so self-consious.

He nailed it. NERVOUS, and did it WRONG, but still got her.

Never assume you can fail. However, assume you can pass. Comeon Viper, we don't need another 4 page thread on helping you out.
Well, the only reason I'm assuming failure, is because it just doesn't seem likely, that with my approach, I can get a date for the winter formal. I could go up there with a smile, good oosture, eye contact and all, but I still don't believe my approach is enough.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Viper
Well, the only reason I'm assuming failure, is because it just doesn't seem likely, that with my approach, I can get a date for the winter formal. I could go up there with a smile, good oosture, eye contact and all, but I still don't believe my approach is enough.
Then sit in the corner. If you don't try, don't complain about it.

Even, EVEN if you went up to her and asked her and got turned down, what does it matter?! Did you just loose your future wife, or just some random chick you fancy?

Ask, and go on to the next. IF it happens that you can't get a date for formal, it's not the end of the world. It's a formal, I think you would have saved yourself money anyways.

You're young, breathe a little.

j8snx1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
==============================================
Me: Oh, that's interesting, I'm Mike.
Me: So, how's it going [name]?
Me: Oh, that's cool, do you want to go to the winter formal with me?
Girl: [Makes up some excuse not to go with me or just flat out says no or says something like, "Haha, are you kidding?"]
==============================================

:down: this is why she said no.

1) You didn't build the attraction and/or rapport, thus making her feel uncomfortable about going to winter formal with you; afterall, you were just a stranger.

2) you don't HAVE to have a date pal! You CAN go alone and you CAN find some girls to dance with. Going with a date is more re-assuring for both your rep. and your esteem but it's not required.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was always in your position, but from experience: Dont worry, think how many girls might not be going. Girls would often rather not go than go "stag" as to do so kinda signals them as failures. There is an extremely high probability anyone you ask will come, people are naturally gregarious and do not like to be on their own. I am sure they will all say yes.

Nik

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Then sit in the corner. If you don't try, don't complain about it.

Even, EVEN if you went up to her and asked her and got turned down, what does it matter?! Did you just loose your future wife, or just some random chick you fancy?

Ask, and go on to the next. IF it happens that you can't get a date for formal, it's not the end of the world. It's a formal, I think you would have saved yourself money anyways.

You're young, breathe a little.
I don't try, because I already know what's going to happen, I haven't actually gone up to a girl and tried this, but looking at the results of my previous approaches, it probably won't work. As I said earlier, if I did it, it would most likely turn out like:
Me:: Oh, that's interesting, how's it going [name]?
Me: So do you have a date for the winter formal?
Girl: No.
Me: Well then, it's your lucky day, you get to take me.
1) You didn't build the
attraction and/or rapport, thus making her feel uncomfortable about going to winter formal with you; afterall, you were just a stranger.
Hey, it's like I said, I'm not good with the whole building rapport/attraction thing.

2) you don't HAVE to have a date pal! You CAN go alone and you CAN find some girls to dance with. Going with a date is more re-assuring for both your rep. and your esteem but it's not required.
That actually does sound better, more girls for me.

Kerensky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My final comment about Viper and his threads:

Please just save us all the trouble and go with your right hand. That will solve all your problems. You clearly keep making excuses for yourself and don't like taking action.

"but i know she'll say no blah blah"

boo fuc|<ing hoo. Seriously you are a waste of time. I hope you get banned and have to learn the hard way.

I tried to help, but you cannot help a person who does not want to be saved. You think making a ****in post means you wanna be saved? hell no. Stop coming back here and using the forum as a private psych ward for your sorry ass. Get some help or join some women's counseling group. They b1tch like you and talk blah blah abotu sh1t and don't do anything JUST LIKE YOU. THEN MAYBE YOU CAN ASK ONE OF THEM OUT AND GET REJECTED JUST LIKE YOU PREDICTED.

The end.:)

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You say you need a date but youre reluctant to make an attempt because youre going to fail...why are you posting this here then?

1. Get her name and ask how its going...blah blah blah
2. Find out something about her...what kinda of music she likes, what sports does she play, or what she does for fun.
3. Ask if shes going to the dance then ask her if she wants to go with you

In my honest opinion, if youre trying to ask random girls youre not going to have much luck because you dont have the skills to build attraction or make them want to go with you. Its not really a big deal if you dont go, but i understand that you want to. The least you can do is build a social circle to establish more connections so that next time you have some targets. Dont expect any girl to say yes figuring there's two days left until the dance. Like someone said, going alone is an option for you. i suggest you stop thinking "more girls for me" if you go by yourself because thats a little too ****y for someone in your position, not to sound negative or anything. This post is a contradiction to itself. I dont know if you wanted real answers or attention, but you got both. You know youre not going to make an attempt because you said so yourself, so whats the point of this?

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man.
I was thinking, if I wanted a date on the totally last minute, and I didn't have one at all, I would:

A) Go with friends or
B) Ask a slut

With option B, she might not be hot, but she's going to be easy. What way's more fun then getting some easy @ss?

Just have fun. And wrap it before you tap it.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Fine, dudes, then you know what? I just won't go to the formal. Problem solved, then I won't have to approach ANYONE. It's not like I'm desperate for a date or anything, I just thought it would be fun, but I have other things I could be doing on Friday night. If it's got to be so damn complicated to ask a girl to a dance, then screw it, I'm not going. You guys lock this thread, it has no point now.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We dont give a fvck dude! You are the kid with problems, not us dude! Nobody can force you to change, to become a Don Juan. If you dont want chicks all over you then we wont help you.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
My final comment about Viper and his threads:

Please just save us all the trouble and go with your right hand. That will solve all your problems. You clearly keep making excuses for yourself and don't like taking action.

"but i know she'll say no blah blah"

boo fuc|<ing hoo. Seriously you are a waste of time. I hope you get banned and have to learn the hard way.

I tried to help, but you cannot help a person who does not want to be saved. You think making a ****in post means you wanna be saved? hell no. Stop coming back here and using the forum as a private psych ward for your sorry ass. Get some help or join some women's counseling group. They b1tch like you and talk blah blah abotu sh1t and don't do anything JUST LIKE YOU. THEN MAYBE YOU CAN ASK ONE OF THEM OUT AND GET REJECTED JUST LIKE YOU PREDICTED.

The end.
Please, shut the **** up. If you're not going to give helpful comments, then leave.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People give you advice and you still dont do anything. Why did you start this topic then? Why do you ask for help and then ignore it?

This is pointless.