Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

WINNERS and LOSERS.

brainfreeze

Don Juan
Reaction score
In our lives there are what we (or I, anyway) call "winners" and "losers"; "winners" are those guys that "win", they achieve what they want and I respect them for it. "Losers" are the people that "lose", they achieve little and are often disrespected for this (there's my brief description anyway). "Loser" behaivour is somthing that has affected my life to this very day.

Do you ever have days where you act like a loser? You just don't want to get up and do something, or you just can’t motivate yourself? I have days like this; I'm not a "loser" (in that I choose to act like this). I just act like a loser more than I would like to. Please let me explain how this has affected my life.

In school my attendance was one of the lowest in the year for about three years, its not that I didn’t want to go to school, and be a winner. It's that I COULDN’T. It's almost like depression, you just don't want to try; I just wanted to sit at home and procrastinate. I battled this and I have some control over this now, but the motivation problem still lies, I left High-school a few weeks back with half the grades I am capable of achieving and even today I have skipped work as things aren’t going too good there.

Now that I’ve left you holding my spilled guts I just want to say I am considered by many a successful person, (including myself), although it's nothing compared to want I want to achieve and that this problem keeps hindering.

I'll get to the point. Do you act like this (If you do I empathize with you)? Or are you a person that's in constant control each day and have that constant drive, you always push yourself to keep what is mostly the "DJ attitude" (if you are then I sincerely respect you)? I'd like to hear from both sides to explain how they maintain their "act", or how they control "loser" behavior?

jonte

Don Juan
Reaction score
Think you have got a tad mixed up mate!
Wouldn't count myself as a winner for being able to get up in the morning and do something!...
I Think you need to review things and stop being soo lazy...

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
brainfreeze,

Just went through this with lonelyeditor in another post.

1) You are letting yourself be programmed by societal norms and expectations. Stop that. Winning and Losing are events, not people. Losing doesn't make you a "loser." It might you a guy who lost this time

2) There is a concept from psychology called "locus of control." Everyone has a locus of control. But some people have an "internal locus of control" and others have an "external locus of control." You want to have an internal locus of control. Just start reminding yourself that life is not something that happens to you. You are something that happens to life. Keep telling yourself this until it becomes an internalized way of thinking about yourself.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The difference between winners and losers is that winners didn't stop trying.

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
THe majority of the population at one time or another do not want to wake up in the morning to a-go to work or b-go to school/college/etc.

There are very few people who like waking up early in the morning and going to their jobs. EVen those who make tons of money. Most people do not love what they do. Some like it, most don't. It's life.

I don't see what your problem is. Everybody has their ups and downs, it just sounds like your lazy and rather not work to acheive anything.

Or maybe your one of those people who everything came easy to. You grew up with above-average parents who made good money. They always bought you what you wanted.

Your probably that guy who rarely studied, but always passed. You might even be that guy who played sports, never really tried hard, but you were above-average at many things.

Your probably one of those guys who always got away with almost anything, because somebody else usually forgave you or saved you.

Then one day, mommy and daddy aren't around or something happens and they can't save you, and your faced with a tough situation. Or maybe you finally failed a test or maybe you came in last place in some race, whatever it is, it seems your world has turned upside down.

News to you, grow up and stop crying. A little hard work never hurt anybody. But if you'd rather cry and sleep all day, then cry and sleep all day, just stop turning on your computer and crying to everybody how your life sucks.

For damn sake, just get out of bed in the morning like everybody else.

brainfreeze

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the replies Jonte, NMMWCR, Francisco d'Anconia and elvis aint dead yet :)

firstly, NMMWCR, thanks for the positive reply i'll look into what you are advising :)

secondly, elvis aint dead yet, I think you're misjudging me, and maybe missing my point.

The point is I WANT to be successful, the problem is i cannot find the constant drive I want. I think that differs to plain laziness, its almost like a depressive state, like the day after a night of drinking when you feel the depressive "come-down" from the alcohol.

I have the desire to do things but cannot always find the motivation, it's not that i can't be bothered to try. I think this goes for many of the people that we class "losers", they are successful people who are thwarted by a weakness, rather than people who can't be bothered.

I'm also not here to cry my eyes out, I want replies from these people I admire, who always have their act together and never give up, as well as those who also suffer from this lack of motivation so that we can help each other out.

Anyway lets have some more replies from these people :)

Brainfreeze

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your doubting yourself, you are the ONLY one who can do something about it. YOU! Kick your butt into gear, stop worrying, thinking so much and .... "JUST DO IT!"

"I AM THE WINNER. For i am me."
"Fuk everyone else."