Wine

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good $20-$30 bottle of wine. I truthfully have no experience with wine whatsoever. I'm pretty much open to anything except Yellow Tail. I tried it once based on my friends recommendations, only to take 2 sips and sell the rest of the bottle to a friend. Any recommendations?

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Suicide said:
What are you planning on pairing it with?
Probably a tasty vagina.
Edit: Red Merlot is good. Don't know how much it costs. Mom bought me a bottle for Christmas last year.

foxhound87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice move,

I always take a bottle of wine over a girls place, anything from Australia is good (Particuarly the Barossa) just go for something sweet, either a sav blanc or a ros'e should do the trick. Don't go with any of that french ****, it's overated and over priced. And yeah, don't go with yellow tail, that **** is the worst Aussie wine on the market.

Cheers!

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A romantic evening with the woman is what the wine is needed for. We're going out on the town in the city and I figured upon the return to the hotel room with some nice wine would be excellent.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Obsidian said:
bah, wine is for losers

just go with gin
This is precisely what an uneducated pallete would say. If it's just going to be you and her enjoying conversation I would suggest a good pinot gris/pinot grigio. It's easy on the throat and as a lighter aromatic than fvcking merlot.

Pinot noir (and the respective family of pinot wines) are extremely versatile and will compliment cheeses as well as meat.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
This is precisely what an uneducated pallete would say. If it's just going to be you and her enjoying conversation I would suggest a good pinot gris/pinot grigio. It's easy on the throat and as a lighter aromatic than fvcking merlot.

Pinot noir (and the respective family of pinot wines) are extremely versatile and will compliment cheeses as well as meat.
Spoken with the veracity of a true gentleman. ;)

Though I enjoy Merlot, I would say the best wines I have tasted are Red Zinfadel and Pinot Noir.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A nice Chianti. It goes very well with fava beans.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We're going out on the town in the city and I figured upon the return to the hotel room with some nice wine would be excellent.

Maybe champagne instead? Wine to me seems to go more with dinner than late-night fun.