WILL THIS WORK? (body recomp)

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok just a few questions on body recomposition at the moment i am doing a 3 day split with some HIIT involved my main goal at the moment is to lose fat but still GAIN muscle at the same time so far its working but not as much as id like it too my weights are going up phenominally but fat loss a bit more delayed than id like so ill post my routine and diet structure

MONDAY: chest/upper back
TUESDAY: 20 mins HIIT sprints
WEDNESDAY: legs/shoulders
THURSDAY: break from hiit because legs are still sore
FRIDAY: arms/lower back
SAT: 20 mins HIIT sprints
SUN: break

now as far as my diet is concerned i have minimum 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight but i aim for 2g's i have 8g's of fish oil caps per day and dont really count my fat intake. Now, carbs are my worst enemy i have the sort of body type that is carb sensitive, they are my worst enemy i know this because i have experimented for years. currently i have about 40g carbs for brekky 40g pre workout and 40g postworkout but im planning on changing my diet to incorporate carbs post-workout only my question is will i still be able to keep gaining weights in they gym with only post workout carbs if i am still having 1.5-2g of protein per pound of bodyweight per day? any other advice like fixing my routine is greatly appreciated also.
here is also a little background info of me. http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=137127

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you'll be fine. continue on the current path; presuming your lean mass is increasing along with the lifts, losing remaining body fat will just get easier and easier.

methinks you're too worried about fat loss. your last pic in the other thread prompted quik to say "time to pack on the mass". I agree. you've lost an incredible amount of fat, certainly with more consistency than I've ever managed. if the lifts are going up, then right now i'd say that's all that matters. keep up the good work!

dj ben2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thx for the reply but the last pic in that thread is different to what i look like now that was 2 years ago i am 20 lbs heavier now with more muscle mass but more fat mass i will try to post a recent photo

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, to lose 90 and gain 20 back, that's still better than 99.9% of people who try to lose bodyfat.

the real question is, do you have a clear sense of why you've put on both fat and muscle since then?