Wifey complains: Husband [34M] feels entitled to my [32F] body

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You shouldn't sell until the interest rate gets down low again, or if the housing prices adjust to "cost of ownership". The cost of a house is pretty much the product of the house value and the interest rate, so the cost would be the same for twice the house at half the interest rate. The space and just being free of neighbors across the walls has made it an easy decision for me to buy (of course, I still rent while I am GeoMaxxing :cool:). I had a lot of (then) young, bachelor colleagues that bought a house simply to give their classic cars or bass boats a room. :)
There's a hell of a lag between when the interest rate changes and the market adjusts. By the time there's an adjustment, the rate has changed. Who's to say rates will be ridiculously low again? We're just as likely to go Full Venezuela or Back To The 1950's before we re-run the recent insanity.

I say sell now before too many of the stubborn and delusional homeowners get desperate and decide to sell, and people start living 10 to a studio to avoid starving to death.