Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wife material

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I religiously adhere to the doctrine of spinning multiple plates. One should always be working on multiple projects at once. However, some plates have the potential to be good LTRs while others are at best short flings or one night stands at worst.

What criteria do you use to distinguish between the keepers and the short term types? Now, I always try to keep an open mind. Maybe I will one day meet a girl who doesn't meet my criteria but she is someone I could grow old with. However, there are usually a few things that indicate that success is more likely:

-She should come from a traditional 2 parent household. This has become increasingly rare in the Western world. If a girl grew up in this kind of household, she has probably learned solid family values. She's at least grown up around a functional family, which is more than can be said for a lot of people these days.

-She should have a good relationship with her parents. If a girl's parents are involved in her life, chances are they've taken good care of her and have tried to keep her in line. Usually girls that have bad relationships with one or both parents have serious emotional baggage.

-She should be well educated and have a solid career. This might not apply as much to the older guys. But for girls born in my generation, it was expected that they do just as well in school and pursue careers just as much as guys. If she's got a good career, it indicates that she is intelligent and motivated.

-She should want kids. If a woman has no interest in kids, chances are she's got issues. No feminine woman that I've ever met hasn't wanted children. It's a basic biological drive of all women. If you are going to marry this broad, the most important thing is that she'll be a good mother for your children.

-She should be happy. You don't want a depressed woman. I've messed around with a few of these and they are nothing but trouble. If she isn't happy now, there's no guarantee she'll be happy later. Don't take the chance!

-She should not have been involved with a whole bunch of guys. Some might call me hypocritical on this, but so be it. I love slvts but I would never want to marry one. Now obviously, most girls will have had boyfriends starting in middle school and they've probably fvcked a few guys before they met you. They've probably done a few wild things in college. But if a girl is attractive and in her late 20s or early 30s but still fvcks guys like she's a sorority wh0re, it's a big time red flag.

I'm a bit old fashioned on the last one. I think that a keeper girl should not give it up easily. Now I don't want her to wait til marriage or to wait 6 months before giving it up. But if you fvck on the first date, it's not a good sign. You still want her to worry about being perceived as a slvt. Like it or not, it is still considered very wrong in our society for a woman to be promiscuous. If she has no shame about promiscuity, it makes you wonder about her character.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No tenuous grasp of reality
No broken home
No "daddy issues"
No princess mentality/entitlement attitude
No flakes, aka being into new agey spiritualism
No sexually repressed chicks
No hos with many previous partners

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-She should want kids. If a woman has no interest in kids, chances are she's got issues. No feminine woman that I've ever met hasn't wanted children.
There are a lot of people on this forum who warn guys about the dangers of getting married, and those dangers are very real. But I think where you really run the risk of having your life destroyed is if you have kids. That's when the judge is going to be significantly slicing into your income in the even of a split up. I know what some guys have left after child support and I don't understand how they live on it.

Of course I don't have any children. If I did maybe my perspective would be different. I imagine most guys who have had children would never give them up, no matter how much it might cost them.

She should be happy. You don't want a depressed woman. I've messed around with a few of these and they are nothing but trouble. If she isn't happy now, there's no guarantee she'll be happy later
Very true. If she can't be happy with herself, there's no way she's going to be happy with you.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She should NOT be possessive or demanding with two of your most precious resources- your time and your money.
Women who demand or try to manipulate ownership of these before the wedding will be worse ( much worse) after the big day.

There is a considerable chunk of the female population that believes a woman is entitled to manage and own a man's resouces after marriage. They also hold the view that he has less say in the disbursement of these resources than she does.
In other words SHE owns him.

One of the giveaway signs (or at least a huge warning clang) is a woman whose mother dominated and controlled her husband's time, and also ran the household finances. A young women growing up in this atmosphere sees this as 'the way it should be '.

IT is common for men in the west to hand over control of the checkbook to his wife. Big mistake. The actual, and the symbolic, power shift in this arrangement will always result in problems.

Never allow a woman to handle your money or control your time.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She should NOT be possessive or demanding with two of your most precious resources- your time and your money.
Women who demand or try to manipulate ownership of these before the wedding will be worse ( much worse) after the big day.
Pretty much any problem that a relationship has will only be magnified if you get married.

There is a considerable chunk of the female population that believes a woman is entitled to manage and own a man's resouces after marriage. They also hold the view that he has less say in the disbursement of these resources than she does.
In other words SHE owns him.
I know so many guys who are married and the wife runs the finances. I know guys who never even see their check, they turn it right over to the wife, then live off of whatever "allowance" she deems fit to give him. I honestly don't know what they are thinking. I've always controlled the checkbook in my household. Aren't guys supposed to be better with math anyway?

Unfortunately, some guys can't be trusted with the household finances because they aren't capable of handling them. But if you go by what guys say on this forum, women are mindless morons, so how are they running the household?

IT is common for men in the west to hand over control of the checkbook to his wife. Big mistake. The actual, and the symbolic, power shift in this arrangement will always result in problems.
After my experience with the failure of my marriage (I'll try anything once), I am cohabitating with my current LTR (seven years now). I think this arrangement makes it easier to hold the frame honestly. Once the ring goes on, I really think something clicks in a Western woman's head that she owns you. And my state has no common law marriage, so that works out well. This way, all my assets remain in my name. Cohabitation may be a solution to man's problems with divorce laws. But of course, if you have a kid, you're screwed anyway.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
Nutz said:
No hos with many previous partners
I think this one is key. How could you live with yourself every day waking up next to a woman who has been with 50 guys?

I think they try and hide it, but it's easy to tell if she's been around the block. Do NOT fall for a ho because she will cheat at the drop of a dime. I wonder how many guys have been screwed over because they married the ho on the block.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My 2 cents for Mother's Day:

The only real reason for a man to marry is to have kids. If you don't want kids, marriage is the worst possible choice in life for a man. All the legal cards are stacked against you and statistically your odds of success aren't very good.

However, if you do want kids the main criteria is who would be the best mother. Even if the marriage doesn't work out, you'll know that your kids will be safe. Hopefully, both parents would be mature about the whole thing.

Choose a mother, not a wife.

Cheers!

catman

Don Juan
Reaction score
These are all very solid pieces of advice. I will add that every so often run a credit report on yourself to insure that your girl hasnt used YOUR social security number to obtain credit cards without your knowlege:mad:

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
-She should want kids. If a woman has no interest in kids, chances are she's got issues. No feminine woman that I've ever met hasn't wanted children. It's a basic biological drive of all women. If you are going to marry this broad, the most important thing is that she'll be a good mother for your children.
Have to disagree with you on this one, but I think the rest of your points are great.

I have dated two women now who did not want kids. One was so adamant about it she had her tubes tied at the age of 27. The other, my most recent gf, simply did not desire children. She wasn't categorically opposed to having kids; and I think she would if we were to marry and I wanted them, but it wasn't her dream.

Both of these girls--the latter much more than the former--were quality, well-adjusted women. Rare indeed, though, to find two in the span of a couple years.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What criteria do you use to distinguish between the keepers and the short term types?
BJ toys or friend zoned girls = girls that dont measure up to my ideal physical standards.

Relationship Girls = Attractive and interested in me.

Ballie

Don Juan
Reaction score
All the above could apply, as it did in my case. But, with the divorce rate running at > 50%, it's like spinning a coin. Heads you win!

Who can tell if she is really a keeper? Well, got my kids - so it wasn't a total waste. But again? NO! there is no reason at all.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know it's always interesting to read the list of criteria that a guy would consider a necessary for a "marriage material". Marriage Material is one of those terms brought tous from the same demographic who gave us Commitment Phobic. I can remember a time when it was mostly women using that for their own laundry list of prerequisites.

However, to entertain the idea, I think a more pertinent question would be, how many previously married guys here thought that their 1st or 2nd (3rd?) wives fit the bill they had carefully listed for "marriage material"? Or did they even have an exhaustive list to begin with? We can put together checklists all day long about what would make up an ideal build-your-own-wife, but how many men really believed they were making a life decision with the gravity of marriage based on solid adherence to a list like this? How many thought they were getting into a great situation only to discover they'd married an asexual shrew 4 years later? How many guys justified to themselves they "did the right thing" by marrying the girl they knocked up and then looked for reasons as to why she was a 'great catch' later?

I'm not saying having standards or a list is a bad idea per se, but it's really only as effective as your willingness to compromise aspects of it according to other benefits and your own confidence. I'd be interested to know what some of the older, divorced (or LTR split) guys experiences are with their prior marriages in this regard. Did your first wife turn into someone else after marriage, or did you make her into someone she never was in order to rationalize marrying her?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Let's drop the laundry-list. You have plenty of time to evaluate that when you're first dating. Is she cute? Is she smart? Blah blah blah...if she wasn't interesting to spend time with, then you would've dumped her LONG before you were considering a "relationship" with her. Unless you're a chump. :p

You realistically have to ask yourself only two questions that encompass pretty much everything:

1) Is she a good fit for my life? If I want to have kids, will she make a good mother? If I'm ambitious, would she be willing to tolerate my career environment? If I like to travel, would she make a good traveling companion? You can't expect your wife to be with you on everything, but she should at least be able to accept and support whatever it is you do, and be able to join in where appropriate, in a role that's appropriate.

2) Is she a good fit for her OWN life? In other words, is she a victim of herself? Does she have all these problems that she refuses to do anything about? Does she feel entitled for solutions to be handed to her and feel like life is "unfair"? Or is she working to overcome the things that hold her back?

Everyone has flaws. All of US have flaws...and women do too. The problem is when a woman refuses to take steps to overcome those flaws or turn them into strengths. Then you get into situations where she expects YOU to fix her...and when she fails, she blames you and makes YOUR life miserable, punishing you for her own faults.

Unfortunately, this takes a good deal of time to evaluate, since women are VERY good at initially hiding the REAL answers to both #1 and #2, for the sake of just "having a boyfriend/relationship". They WILL pretend to be on-board with your life plan when they're not, and they WILL pretend to be survivors when they're really victims.

Pay attention to what they DO. Not what they SAY. ;)

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
Have to disagree with you on this one, but I think the rest of your points are great.

I have dated two women now who did not want kids. One was so adamant about it she had her tubes tied at the age of 27. The other, my most recent gf, simply did not desire children. She wasn't categorically opposed to having kids; and I think she would if we were to marry and I wanted them, but it wasn't her dream.

Both of these girls--the latter much more than the former--were quality, well-adjusted women. Rare indeed, though, to find two in the span of a couple years.
Personally, I don't see any reason to get married other than to have kids. That is in fact the sociological reason that marriage as an institution came into being in most cultures; to regulate sexuality and reproduction. If you have no interest in kids, you might as well choose to cohabit.

Generally, I feel a good mother wants to have children. Of course, I'm sure that some women who are reluctant to be mothers change completely after the birth of their first child.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a more pertinent question would be, how many previously married guys here thought that their 1st or 2nd (3rd?) wives fit the bill they had carefully listed for "marriage material"?
I definitely felt completely sure about the woman I married, she met all the standards I had. I don't think I could have been any more sure about her. I really think that she suffered some sort of breakdown that last year. She started making unreasonable demands on my freedom, which led to arguments, and we just couldn't get along anymore. I don't know where that side of her came from. Our relationship lasted 10 years, so I don't really view it as a failure, just a life experience. But it just goes to show marriage is a roll of the dice going in, you can never be totally sure. I knew that going in though, so I really don't feel bad about it.

I don't want to say I was the perfect husband by any means, because I wasn't. But right now I think we are both aware that she made a mistake letting me go. Her loss is my gain though, since I like the girl I'm with now even better, she's very sweet and laid back, which suits me well.

And speaking of wanting children, neither of these woman, who have occuppied a total of 17 years of my life now, really wanted children. I don't think my ex-wife was against it, it just wasn't something she was in any hurry to get into. With my current girl, she actually doesn't want any at this point. She's seen the problems and loss of freedom some of her friends and family have had with having kids, and she's not really keen on the idea. I've never felt ready ot have kids either, so this all matched up well with my own wants and needs.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:
I think this one is key. How could you live with yourself every day waking up next to a woman who has been with 50 guys?

I think they try and hide it, but it's easy to tell if she's been around the block. Do NOT fall for a ho because she will cheat at the drop of a dime. I wonder how many guys have been screwed over because they married the ho on the block.
Nothing wrong with feeling like this, however, I'll just bet there are a large # of guys on this site that have been with 30, 40 or 50 women. Some even more than that. Would you consider yourself a male ho if you fell into this category? Would you consider yourself less of a "prize"? Would you think your LTR potential was less as a result? I'm not trying to defend females here, but this seems to be a double standard as far as I'm concerned.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
5string said:
Nothing wrong with feeling like this, however, I'll just bet there are a large # of guys on this site that have been with 30, 40 or 50 women. Some even more than that. Would you consider yourself a male ho if you fell into this category? Would you consider yourself less of a "prize"? Would you think your LTR potential was less as a result? I'm not trying to defend females here, but this seems to be a double standard as far as I'm concerned.
It's not a double standard because guys have to put in work to be successful like that. A girl has to do nothing.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster

are you saying women shouldn't enjoy sex ??? Are you saying women should be judged negatively because its EASIER for them to get sex so they should fight their urges to do what they like ??

What if a guy has an easy time getting sex from women, should he not enjoy himself because he doesnt has to work as hard ?? should we judge a guy negatively who has sex with a lot of women and has an easier time than most ??

As far as cheating goes...ANYONE can cheat !!! Doctors who save peoples lives and contribute heroic deeds for the community everyday can cheat !!

Women who financially and emotionally support their men while raising good kids have the ability to cheat.

Women and Men who feel comfortable in monogamous relationships can cheat.

ANYONE can cheat !!

You have to look at the bigger picture and accept human nature for what is. Marriage and sexual loyalty are MAN MADE to fit into a MAN MADE society...why do you think so many guys and girls get bored in relationships....cause they are NOT natural, I dont care how hot or cool you think your wife or girlfriend is. After a few weeks/months your eyes and mind WILL start to wander as will hers.

.....and remember its only considered cheating if you or the other person gets caught.

At that point its up to you as man or woman to understand why that person cheated and weigh the pro's and cons on whether or not you want to stay in a relationship with your partner who may NEVER cheat again or who MIGHT cheat again.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I m just surprised that an angel wife ...one day becomes the devil....for instance.....
But yes people change....but most don't...unless an hormonal thing ? :/
Well, I never said she was an angel, she was just a human, like anyone else. But you are no more surprised than I was. There may well have been red flags, but if there were any, I missed them. She suddenly became very controlling (or tried to be). I've wondered if it was some sort of hormonal thing also, but she was a little too young for menopause.