Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wife cheated on me....need advice.

The_Real_Batman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro, your marriage is over and it will never recover. Your wife knows this fact too. The big question is who between the two of you is ahead of the game. From what I what i see, your wife is about to set you up for domestic violence allegations and then file a restraining order. What you need to do is file one against her first.

Just get to became upset, e.g questioning her on the affairs. Remain calm throughout and let her yell and scream at you. Make sure you are recording everything on your phone and another secondary device. Next, wait for her to go to work and then you should quickly file a restraining, keeping her away from the house and kids.

The hearing for a permanent restraining order will be in 2 to 4 weeks, during which time you would have put better plans for yourself and the kids in place. A judge will sometimes want to maintain the current custody for the kids.

In meantime, file for divorce, ask for alimony and child support before the final hearing for a permanent restraining order. A huge chance that you will get the house, kids, child support and alimony. I did exactly the same and I can tell you it worked pretty good and I beat the ***** to the game.
Thanks for the practical advice, as that's more useful then, "get a grip, get out now". I know the relationship is dead, but I need to be cautious and deliberate in order to be in the best position both financially and as far as my kids, who are very attached to me over her. I also have a severely disabled child that I have a responsibility to, so I'm not just walking out, and me taking the kids without a court order is custodial interference. I also stand to loose my interest in a $600k house which gained equity because of all the landscaping that I did all by myself. One of my original questions was whether or not a relationship could be saved after an affair by changing the relationship dynamic, bit apparently that's not possible after reading the responses on this forum. I think every situation is unique, so it's hard to apply the same principles universally. I have a good idea of what I need to do in mine, as I've already consulted with a divorce attorney and I've given it some thought. Thanks again for all the replies....

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the practical advice, as that's more useful then, "get a grip, get out now". I know the relationship is dead, but I need to be cautious and deliberate in order to be in the best position both financially and as far as my kids, who are very attached to me over her. I also have a severely disabled child that I have a responsibility to, so I'm not just walking out, and me taking the kids without a court order is custodial interference. I also stand to loose my interest in a $600k house which gained equity because of all the landscaping that I did all by myself. One of my original questions was whether or not a relationship could be saved after an affair by changing the relationship dynamic, bit apparently that's not possible after reading the responses on this forum. I think every situation is unique, so it's hard to apply the same principles universally. I have a good idea of what I need to do in mine, as I've already consulted with a divorce attorney and I've given it some thought. Thanks again for all the replies....
I think you could change it but it'll be a lot of work. You'd have to get her lovers and male friends to turn on her too. And anyone who was supporting her affairs. On top it you'd have to appear on top of it, extremely attractive and worth fighting for.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to preface my story by saying I'm 6'4, 260lbs, lean/muscular with a full head of hair and no gray. My wife is 2 years older than me, her hair is white of she doesn't dye it every 2 weeks, and she gained a lot of weight in her midsection the last few years. She has a pretty face and a nice body otheewise, but she's always had self esteem issues, and she recently told me that she's jealous of me.

We never had a very sexual relationship, and we'd sometimes go months without sex, but it wasn't for lack of trying on my part. I've purchased countless books on relationships and women, but I was never able to improve things. My effort was always one sided, as she has never met me halfway or put any effort in. I'll admit that I've displayed AFC/beta behavior, as I do things to try and make her life easier, and I'm very giving towards her physically. I'll rub her body for hours whIle we're watching a movie, give her oral during sex, etc but she won't do the same for me. I've even become self conscious and don't want or oral anymore after 10 years of not receiving it (I'm circumcised and have good hygiene).

About 2 years ago I found very explicit texts on her phone, and she was saying things to the guy that she never said to me, like: "I want you once inside of me and once on me", "I want to run my hands all over your body", "I have always been drawn to you", etc. To say I was shocked is an understatement. I confronted her about it a few weeks later, and she was very defensive and angry. She said it was just an old friend, and that she was just sexting because it made her feel better about herself. She said that she would never talk to him again and that it was over. This was all happening at the same I was losing one of my parents to a sudden illness.

About 3 months later I found an email on her computer to the same guy, and she was expressing intimate feelings for the same guy. I confronted about it, and she became defensive and again said that she wouldn't talk to him again. We had continual arguments in front of our kids in the following months, as she never wanted to discuss what happened, so it was never really resolved in my mind.

About 3 months after that I found a picture of my wife's neck with a hickey on it which was on her old cell phone that she had given my daughter, and she had seen it as well, although she didn't know what it was. I knew it wasn't from me, as we were in one of our 3 month slumps at the time. I eventually confronted her about it, and she claimed that she met the same guy in the parking lot of a coffee shop, and that they fooled around in the front seat of her car. She said that her clothes were only partially off, and that he came on her after rubbing up against her leg.

For about a year after that things just simmered, as she never wanted to discuss it any further, and she never seemed to show any remorse despite all the bad fights we had in front of our kids. I did try to contact him a few times, but he would always call my wife right away to warn her that I was reaching out to him, and she would get angry at me for calling him.

I recently found about 50+ pictures of her in different sexy bras and with her hair done and makeup on. She had sent the pictures to the same guy, and the expression on her face was telling, as it was a happy/excited look. She never sent any pictures like that to me, and the only ones she did send me in the past were only after I begged for them, and even then she had a pained expression on her face. I confronted her about the pictures, and once again we got into a series of arguments in front of our kids for several days. Rather than showing remorse, she was angry and said that I hacked into her phone, which I didn't. She swore that was all she sent him, and that she never sent any fully nude pics.

I finally spoke to the guy by phone, and he said that my wife had painted a bad picture of me, and that he thought we were getting divorced. He laughed at the coffee shop story and said that he wasn't a teenager, and that he had sex with my wife at a hotel. He said that my wife initiated with him, and he knew that she wanted sex right from the beginning. He also said that my wife sent the pictures without him even asking for them. He said that she never sent him any fully nuse pics, and he promised that he was "bowing out" and that he wouldn't bother us anymore. He also supposedly told her that he was never getting married again after recently getting divorced. My wife was angry that I talked to him, and she initially denied meeting him in a hotel, even after he told me about it. BTW, the guy wasn't even good looking, as he wasn't in good shape and he looked much older than me.

I also called my wife's ex husband, who she claimed had cheated on her and left her for another woman. He told me the opposite, that she cheated on him, and that she may have been pregnant with another man's baby and had an abortion while they were married. He said that he left her in the midst of her confessing about an affair. He also told me that she had a male "friend" who's been her lover for 20+ years, and that there were allegations of inappropriate behavior between the two of them while they worked for the same employer (she was his boss).

Anyways, she's still friends with this other guy, and I'm addition to the affair she had with male #1, I also found recent emails on her computer asking male #2 to meet her while she's away on business. She took a job with very frequent travel about a year ago, and she was away for 16 weeks last year, with her most recent trip to Vegas with a huge room and a king sized bed. She also met male #2 at a get together with old friends recently, and she got all dressed and made up before she left. I know that male #2 is in the area again, so I tried to reach out to him, and he responded by emailing that he's her friend and not mine, that I have no evidence on him, that he doesn't care if she had an affair or if we stay married, and that he was going to call my employer and get me fired. I was shocked that he'd react in this way if he was truly her friend.

Since all of this has happened my wife has gone to see a counselor to help her with her "problems". I told her that I wanted to know why she did what she did, and whether or not this would happen again. She told me that she was sorry and that she loved me and wanted to stay together, but he actions haven't matched her words. We had sex a few times since then, but it was always at my initiation, and she was reluctant at first, and it was mostly me pleasing her and her allowing me to use her to get off. I've purchased even more books about post affair recovery, and I find articles on the Internet which I send to her everyday, but she never responds. Ive also sent her many lengthy texts explaining some of the issues, but again she never really responds or even acknowledges them.

I would leave if it weren't for my kids, as one of my children is disabled, and a psychologist recently told us that they would be destroyed of we got divorced. My wife also makes 2.5x more money than me, and she has already threatened that I won't get a dime and I won't see my kids if we get divorced. I understand that I partly ended up in this situation because of beta behavior over the years, as I recently started reading The Rational Male, but what I want to know is if there's any chance of resurrecting a marriage after a woman has cheated and repeatedly lied to her husband. Our marriage was in trouble before she decided to have this affair, but now it's even more fragile after the devastation she's caused. I also recently found a charge for a local hotel on our CC (from a year ago), and she blamed it on me and said she had to get a room after we argued, but that she decided not to stay and came home the same night. When I asked her about it she said "**** you" and threw the bank statement in my face right in front of a marriage counselor. Anyways, I know most people will tell me to leave her ASAP, but I also want to hear if there is any way to salvage things. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Kick her to the curb where she belongs. She makes twice as much as you therefore it is in your best interest to get full custody of your kids and sue her for alimony.

She would do it to you if you made twice as much and you know she would.

Sorry pal. This one is dead in the water.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kick her to the curb where she belongs. She makes twice as much as you therefore it is in your best interest to get full custody of your kids and sue her for alimony.

She would do it to you if you made twice as much and you know she would.

Sorry pal. This one is dead in the water.
Yeah, she's "power moving" on him and she knows it.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, she's "power moving" on him and she knows it.
Indeed. She knows he is passive because so far he has put up with evidence after evidence if her screwing around and he is still trying to "fix" their unfixable marriage. She has it in her head if she bullies him he wont do anything.

My advice to him, give her the husband she deserves. None. Give her the reward she deserves. Papers serving her with a divorce, and give her the alimony bill she deserves.

She would do it to him so he should have zero remorse

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Indeed. She knows he is passive because so far he has put up with evidence after evidence if her screwing around and he is still trying to "fix" their unfixable marriage. She has it in her head if she bullies him he wont do anything.

My advice to him, give her the husband she deserves. None. Give her the reward she deserves. Papers serving her with a divorce, and give her the alimony bill she deserves.

She would do it to him so he should have zero remorse
Exactly my point!

Women would not hesitate one bit to take alimony and child support if you were making more. When a man gets this from a woman, suddenly you are a terrible person? If she makes twice as much as him, he will get child support and alimony, even if they have 50/50 custody!

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly my point!

Women would not hesitate one bit to take alimony and child support if you were making more. When a man gets this from a woman, suddenly you are a terrible person? If she makes twice as much as him, he will get child support and alimony, even if they have 50/50 custody!
And while the OP is at it, sue her for his legal bills. When she accuses him of being a horrible person he should just keep saying " just keep writing those cheques toots."

MrAddiction

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women would not hesitate one bit to take alimony and child support if you were making more. When a man gets this from a woman, suddenly you are a terrible person?
Women have no Problem to do whatever it takes to get whatever they want. Moral does literally nor exist in the womens brain. They have no wiring for such a thing. Evolutionary not usefull to them.
There are two things or the basis a woman acts on.
1.) How do you/it make me feel. (Not that relevant in this cause)
2.) What is in for me?!
If you know these two things. The so called illogical and ununderstandable actions of women all of a sudden are no mystery any more,

You are a terrible person - sure guiltshaming at its best. Due to society being femcentric- who wonders that all of a sudden you are a terrible person for proclaiming to have the same rights like a women? That is not what those feminazi had been figting for, that all of a sudden a man comes along to reach out and is wanting to have equal rights. How dare he? He must be a scum...
Society is so fcuked up ourdays!

The_Real_Batman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you could change it but it'll be a lot of work. You'd have to get her lovers and male friends to turn on her too. And anyone who was supporting her affairs. On top it you'd have to appear on top of it, extremely attractive and worth fighting for.
I got talked to guy she''s been having the affair with for the last 2.5 years on the phone, and he agreed to "bow out". He told me that she badmouthed me and he assumed we were getting a divorce, otherwise he wouldn't have had sex with her. She was angry that I talked to him, and she was still lying about details of their affair even after I learned the truth from him.

I contacted another male "friend" of her's via FB messenger and told him that I caught her having an affair, and that I hoped they weren't involved as well. He replied by saying he was her friend and not mine, he didn't care about our marriage or if she had an affair, that I had no evidence on him, and that he would call my workplace if I attempted to contact him again. I said that if that was his attitude, then it was inappropriate for him to be friends with my wife any longer. Keep in mind that she used to be his boss years ago, and somebody made a complaint that they were having an affair when she was married to her 1st husband. I also found emails to him where she was asking if he was going to meet her when she was on business trips.

I believe what my wife has been doing is "compartmentalizing". She sees me as a domestic partner only, and she gets her excitement and sexual gratification through affairs. She suffered several tragedies early in life, and I think she's been doing this as a method of coping for quite some time. The chances of me changing her are pretty hopeless unless she willingly got intense psychotherapy.

I also talked to Athol Kay, and he said the marriage is doomed as well. He said that he generally tries to help guys save their marriages of possible, however my wife has shown a pattern of behavior that's not going to get any better. She hasn't even shown any willingness to put forth any effort, and she doesn't seem concerned by the gravity of the situation.

She went away on a 1 day business trip last week, and I was leaving to go skiing the day she was to return. She thought I would be gone when she got home, but I waited to surprise her. We started kissing before I left, and I asked for a BJ (she's only given me 2 in 15 years), and she said, "If I knew you'd ask that I wouldn't have come home". Of course I got upset, and she then said that it came out the wrong way.

At this point I'm pretty detached and she seems to be in panic mode because of her lack of control. As I said before, I've already moved to a separate room and I've told her that I don't think things are going to work out. I've also told her that I don't care about losing the house we've put a lot of work into, as I'd rather live in a smaller home with someone who was happy and appreciated me. I'm staying for a few months just to square away some bills and get organized. That way I don't "abandon" the house or make it appear that I don't want custody of my kids. I'm not worried about her baiting me into an argument anymore, as I'm very apathetic, and I don't even care if she openly resumes her affair. Her SMV is rapidly declining, and I'm definitely the more physically attractive person, not to mention I'm more genuine, intelligent, creative, thoughtful, empathetic, etc. The only thing she has over me is money, and that doesn't mean everything.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Please stop trying to contact the men in her life. No good is going to come out of that. It's very easy for one of them to get a restraining order against you - there's no hearing, and that stays on your record.

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just had this talk with my dad. My mom wanted to remodel the house. First a 100k kitchen, now the master bath. I told dad that he was too good for her. He agreed. All the back breaking work and bull**** while she's off at moms group gossiping. Women will never appreciate you fully or the amount of work that you do for them. They think it's a given as a man.

Get this concept through your head from now on and you'll understand women. I don't do **** for the women I date, except be there, have fun, good company, **** them good. You can give and give and give and they still don't know/understand what that means. Women think their Vag is the all seeing power, but once you know how they act and wha they're up, you can just say screw it.

From now if you start to date again, never put in more than you want to. None of the sappy ****. Be a sexy man, dominant, a tease, bang her good. If she doesn't reciprocate or give you 110%, or not responding the way you want, cut her the **** loose.

2. Never get married again, it's the ultimate power for women to slack off and abuse you. She married you, a Dr. and turned into a *****. Always be willing to walk away

MrAddiction

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can give and give and give and they still don't know/understand what that means
Exactly that. They see it as if you owe that to them. You stop doing things for her and she will go and get another idiot who is doing stuff for her. Fine, then you know with what kind a girl you are dealing with. Most of the time if it has arrived at this stage men are no longer willing or able to see this pattern and walk away.
Best advice is given from CMNILS87: never do such stuff from the begining. And never mary any girl these days.

MrAddiction

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe what my wife has been doing is "compartmentalizing". She sees me as a domestic partner only, and she gets her excitement and sexual gratification through affairs. She suffered several tragedies early in life, and I think she's been doing this as a method of coping for quite some time
She gets from whomever whatever she wants without any empathy for anyone. All she thinks of is her. According to early life tragedy...that is none of your business. You can nor save anybody and undo whatever happend in her life. At least the reason why she is cheating is always unimportant. She die. That is a fact - and the only important. She cheats, she is out. But good to read that you know there is no hope in this marriage.
Stay with that mindset and keep us updated.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn I just readthis thread and gave my wife a random kiss. In a lucky mother****er because offing myself so my I didn't have to live with the shame of my wife screwing half the state would not be off the table if I were in ur shoes.

I've always told my wife look if u stop feeling it, just tell me. We will figure something out. But don't disrespect our family, don't disrespect my name.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Please stop trying to contact the men in her life. No good is going to come out of that. It's very easy for one of them to get a restraining order against you - there's no hearing, and that stays on your record.
Agreed. This woman is a cheating wh0re and will keep doing it. Why the OP is still living under the same roof is beyond what I can imagine.

And trying to kiss her after she has been sucking every d!ck but his the past however many years? No thanks.....

It looks like the OP has very low self esteem and doesnt have the ballz to leave. No idea how much better life will be until you take that step buddy.

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He should tie her up, call her a lot of names, beat her a little, and *not* fvck her. Then she'd be crazy about him again all of a sudden, which would make divorcing her at that point a lot more fun.

Would she really though? I have the feeling like she'd be repulsed even more and go after criminal charges for tying her up? That'd be like you tying up a chick friend and teasing her. Thr sexual repulsion a chick friend has for a non decusl dude friend wouldn't do anything to reignite the fire.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just dump her already. What a disrespectful b ithch.

The_Real_Batman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. This woman is a cheating wh0re and will keep doing it. Why the OP is still living under the same roof is beyond what I can imagine.

And trying to kiss her after she has been sucking every d!ck but his the past however many years? No thanks.....

It looks like the OP has very low self esteem and doesnt have the ballz to leave. No idea how much better life will be until you take that step buddy.
No need to throw insults at somebody going through an already difficult situation. Do you have a severely disabled child? Does your child have OCD, anxiety, and literally ask you thousands of repetitive questions starting at 6am everyday? I guess guys like you can just take a sh*t on your kids and just walk out. Like it or not she's their mother, so I'll be dealing with her for the rest of my life.

I already talked to a lawyer who warned me not to leave the house, as it will work against me in any divorce settlement. I also have $20k in CC bills in MY name and $0 savings. The lawyer advised me to square away those bills ASAP, as the divorce alone is going to cost $30k or more. Actually I don't have low self esteem, however I'm not c0cky, arrogant, or condescending nor will I ever be. I have several "plates" spinning at all times, I'm in great shape, I have a very respectable career, etc. As I said before, I already got the consensus from the previous posts that I should leave her, however the details of how I do that are unique to my situation, so that's what I need to work out on my own. I wanted to see if anyone had any different advice, but it appears that's not the case. Thanks again.