Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why you shouldn't ever break NC...

Skalioppe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've met a lot of women in my life and generally I never become affected by them, you meet some, have fun with some, you win some and you lose some, but you move on when you need to, thinking "oh well..." as there are always lots of fish out there ready to catch. Well I met my nemesis, someone who got to me - I've noticed a similar pattern on this forum with generally "untouchable" guys being affected by a woman and these women generally have personality disorders (PDs), yep, I fell into that group, you guessed it, she being clinically diagnosed manic depressive. So when she was good she was amazing, when she was bad she was horrid.....

Some background here

So things kind of ended, I decided I needed to move on using the good old tried and tested NC. Anyway, I reached 60 days in the face of her trying to break me a few times with sweet contact messages, and as many people find after 60 days I felt good, sorted, cured, resolute had met a few other women, I thought I'd broken the addictive cycle. So in a moment of over-confident madness I decided to contact her to see how she was. In my mind it would do no harm it was just a touching base friendly thing, after all, I'm pretty much friends with all my exes!

Anyway in little or no time that little bit of contact turned into the friendly, flirty connection I'd shared with her before and my reminiscing for the good times left remission and the disease for yearning of her and her contact returned. The trouble is without realising it dawned on me that I was mostly instigating contact and she was fairly reactionary, so in effect I was there just to serve her ego and she was likely being polite by replying. That dynamic just makes the person doing the chasing (me) more and more addicted.

I know she's probably in another guy's castle but I was foolish enough to leave the safety of mine. I'm going back to not contacting, with a hard lesson learnt. But why was I so stupid and am I alone falling into this trap? Addiction is best broken by sustained abstinence, I should have stuck with NC.

Anyone else broken NC without getting tangled up again, or been in this boat and like to share their wisdom and advice?

Kbomb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its like any addiction. The rush of the chase for the unattainable object is the addiction. You are never not addicted. I quit smoking 4 years ago and I still get cravings.

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha! This old chesnut again.....

After a years NC, and literally (still) recovering my sanity, I can say that we ALL fall into the same trap.

Brief lowdown on mine......

NPD - Dad is a lord.....

Complete attention ***** and entitlement princess (very accurate description of this one being related to the british nobility)

Countless on and offs over a three year span. NC for several months. Thought I was all cured (had a new girlfriend) I contacted her to say "hey"

Met for a walk in the park, that ended with me fvckin her. Im hooked again as shes one raw pervert......... Agree to be lovers with a view to starting it all up again.........few months down the line, I dump the other girl i was seeing as the NPD said she wanted me full time..... after I did two days later she dumps me.....HA!!!

Buddy, if you know in your gut they aint right, just leave them....dont waste precious years of your life like I did.......Thank god I finally saw the light.......

Tony

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
When you break NC the odds are against you, no doubt. So most people will say don't do it. But if you improved yourself dramatically enough you must see her again, so find a way. It can come full circle - just see my post about why girls like assh*les. I broke NC about 2.5 months ago and the forum tried to made a spectacle of it but now she's back in a big way (it didn't happen overnight). Grow closer.

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok Neil, shes back; youve won - TEMPORARILY.

Mark my words, it wont last. Are you seriously trying to say that this woman of the night is in love with you? Pull the other one Neil~we've all been there - your better off getting out while the going is good and your on top. After all JR, there are a hell of a lot more drill holes to strike gold on.........

OR in a couple of months when shes tired of you and she wants a new play toy, you'll be on here lambasting her, yourself and the board.... c'mon man.....How did you arrive at the conclusion that you can beat mo nature, and make the hooker a housewife?

Skalioppe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@TonyBaloney - Yeah man, I remember your story I think I even contributed some advice to you and said she was probably NPD! Ha ha.

@bigneil - I think in some rare cases people can turn things around, and kudos for you for managing that. Perhaps people were foolish to make a spectacle about your achievement here. In my case I originally went NC because I noticed a behaviour change, which was because she met a guy, I've since found out she dumped him but I think she's met another. Her behaviour over the time I've known her is always the same, when she's single she's available and wants me, if she's with a guy she's myopic on him, bathing in that new relationship energy, and I'm instant friend zone and her attention toward me is reactionary - this is purposely done as her moral sentinel as she's very faithful (well she was unfaithful to one guy when we happened to be in each other's company solidly for a week due to circumstance), but that was circumstance. I'm not sure reinvention will help me here. Good points though.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
bigneil said:
When you break NC the odds are against you, no doubt. So most people will say don't do it. But if you improved yourself dramatically enough you must see her again, so find a way. It can come full circle - just see my post about why girls like assh*les. I broke NC about 2.5 months ago and the forum tried to made a spectacle of it but now she's back in a big way (it didn't happen overnight). Grow closer.

the odds are against you even if your self improved. But it is different for everyone. For me, I was fortified and let that girl I NC'd back into my life and I started to get "feelings" stirring up inside me for her again, so back to ignoring!

Glad it worked out well for your neil, always good to hear a success story/one that isnt negative , on these forums .

Instead of going back to my NC girl, I found someone smarter, cooler, and 100% better :)

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree here, only reason any girl would go with you after the bad deal you guys had is simple the I don't have anyone else and you are the only one who still want her, so she just don't wise up and finally saw the light, only thing she saw is the guys she wanted don't want her and you are the only one avaiable right now, so her clock can be satiate with someone.

now I would ask are you just someone or are you unique and deserve better?
and yes neil I saw the other post. I bet it won't be a good thing for you, but sometimes we need to learn the hard way. I did that, and I guess you are doing it now.

Skalioppe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Alvafe and Danger : In my case she wanted commitment and I wouldn't do it, she waited a couple of years for that, subscribing to my agenda until her patience ran out - then moved on. So I'm not sure I was ever a backup plan then, but may be now. Can't blame her either. It's funny how we'd probably do the opposite now, once we lose that opportunity. Oh well....

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, i keep having the urge to do what you just described. I keep stopping myself though. Props to you for noticing the mistake there, and dealing with it.
Its good to have reminders like these every now and again that just completing the no contact challenge doesn't automatically mean you are cured. Thanks.

Skalioppe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Purefilth: The way I see it is it's like being a junky and she's the drug. You can kick the habit but even after a little taster of your drug and you are fully back to addiction. But it's horrible this time around because you think you no longer have the problem, yet you soon realise you do.