why the disappearance?

thebiglimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this happen twice now within a year, almost same scenario, both very frustrating.
This is the recent one. The other girl previous to it was way more flirty, with skinship, but rest are about the same.

Met this girl for a drink and there was a solid connection. She seemed like a down to earth girl so i didnt try anything physical but at the end she did initiate hugging, and right after we parted she messeges me that she's had wonderful time, would love to get together again.
So the next day we text back and forth setting up the next date, and at the end after i ask if the next weekend is ok, there is no reply. Almost 24 hrs later still no reply. I know not to be clingly, could be other factors blah blah, but these days and age, especially for people my city? Its already abnormal to not check the phone every 30 freakin min.

So, is it

A) did she play me to see how willing i was to see her again?

B) did i make her back off because i was too aggressive with setting up the date?

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, may guys here would tell you that you fvcked it up because:
1 You did not try to kiss her
2 You texted her too soon after the first date.

Well, this is probably true but I guess the real reason is that: SHE DID NOT REALLY LIKED YOU. Simple as that.

She hasn't replied to your text? fine, forget about her and if she has some interest she will text you, but do not text her again unless you want to look like a complete beta.

ThePasses

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, may guys here would tell you that you fvcked it up because:
1 You did not try to kiss her
2 You texted her too soon after the first date.

Well, this is probably true but I guess the real reason is that: SHE DID NOT REALLY LIKED YOU. Simple as that.

She hasn't replied to your text? fine, forget about her and if she has some interest she will text you, but do not text her again unless you want to look like a complete beta.
Did you read his second post in the thread? It read: "n/m.. she replied. its a go :)."

I can see how one would be of the opinion that he is coming off a little beta but since homegirl is going to meet up with him soon let's ease up for now because he's winning for the time being.

Serenity

Reaction score
Sometimes they do take some time to reply for various reasons. Sending more messages will most definitely come off as desperate. There's only one correct course of action after sending a message.

This is very very simple and yet many guys fail at it. If there is no reply, then do nothing about it. Many guys send more messages, call or contact with other means, don't do it. I would say if there's been no reply within a week you can send one more message, but only after a week. If there's still no reply within a day, consider it dead. In the case she does contact after some time, then do not comment on the time and proceed as you normally would.