Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why people cheat...

marshman

Reaction score
When it comes to cheating, do you think there's a difference between why women cheat versus why men cheat? From what I understand, or rather, from what is assumed...women cheat for emotional reasons and men cheat for sex. Agree, or no?

What are the main reasons people cheat? I've been cheated on before, and it hurts but the one thing that hurts more is hearing "I didn't mean to, it was a mistake. I love you." Do you really believe that anyone who is truly in love with you would cheat on you? Are there exceptions?

Personally speaking, if I am truly in love with someone I would never cheat on them or hurt them...regardless of if I knew I'd never get caught.

Here's my theory, feel free to add:

- Women cheat because there is something wrong in their current relationship.

- They find themselves attracted to a new person and some can't resist the temptation. But this usually occurs because again, there must be something wrong in current relationship.

- They're looking for something that current bf isn't providing...be it sexually or emotionally.

- And because some just like to hor around and do as they please, not caring about circumstances.

MEN CHEAT BECAUSE:

- They are not happy in their relationship.

- Sex. They're not getting enough, or it's not very good so they go elsewhere. Even if they do love gf.

So what else? Any input on the main reasons people cheat? I guess I'm just trying to understand it, since many people I know (myself included) have been a victim of or to cheating. What makes it acceptable? Well it's never acceptable obviously...but how can you say you love someone then just go out and potentially throw that all away? I think it's a crock if someone says their relationship is perfect but they were just looking for a little fun, or oops...it was an acccident and never meant to happen.

I'm rambling, I apologize. Hope that post made sense.

Basically, to sum it up...I want to know if you think the main reason a person cheats is because a) they're not really happy, or b) they are, and they are in love...but just want more or better sex. And c) revenge I guess. If your woman cheats but you still care for her ...you'll go out and cheat to get back at her.

It really only comes down to those three things...

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you really believe that anyone who is truly in love with you would cheat on you? Are there exceptions?

I don't think love is limited to one person. Our culture imposes the belief in one love. It's kind of hypocritical, you can love your parents and relative (more than one) but you can't be in love with more than one mate. Success rate with a single partner is just greater since you focus all of your attention on one person. This social agenda is probably one of the main reasons for the oneitis syndrome. There's not a single person, a perfect being in the world that exhibits all attactive traits and fullfills all desires. People want to have what they don't have that's probably why cheating will never stop.

Well, that's my hypothesis.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women cheat because they're not happy with their current relationship AND they're heavily attracted to a new person. But the only reason they're out there looking is due to the fact that they're not happy to start off with.

Guys cheat because they're horny and that's what we have been genetically programmed to do. Find the most fertile female and reproduce. I personally think if I was drunk and I made out with another girl while I had a gf that it really isn't a big deal. Why? Because I don't give a fuvk about the girl I made out with and I was just having fun. But then again, I know I wouldn't want my gf to do that to me...LOL

PIMP

Nine Breaker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
People cheat for the same reason: They all want the best they can get/.

If you thought you could be immensely happier with someone else, then for what reasons would you stay in what you perceive to be an "unhappier" state?

It is unfair to say that women are after a more fufilling relationship, while men are after a better root more often. Such generalisations hold no bearing in the real world. There are women who love sex as much as some of the horniest guys, and there are guys who place great value on maximising their potential relationships by finding the best partner available.

There is also the fact that people can find potential partners are appealing in different ways. Perhaps on physical, mental or spiritual levels, there is the potential to find fufillment and passion for these aspects from different people.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl will cheat for many different reasons, even as trivial as you being a hot guy and turning her on that night so emensly she wants to have sex with you.