Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why MSN gives such bad dating advice

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A quote by Alan Goldsher in his dating & personals column on MSN:

"If you’re a semi-obsessive Virgo metrosexual such as myself, you’ll want to shave the back of your neck, trim your armpit hair, pluck your unibrow, remove the stuff both in and around your nose, and throw away the dust bunny in your ear cavity."

He then goes on to suggest things like going to salons, manicures, etc. Oh by the way, he feels manicures are manly because manicure starts with the word "man" (it was a really bad joke I am assuming and that he's really not THAT stupid.....hopefully).

"(And for those of you who think manicures aren’t macho, I’ll point out that the first syllable of manicure is “man.”)" :rolleyes:

The article writers on MSN are either moderately feminist, or metrosexual. Neither of them understands the true state of the gender roles and raw attraction. You'll find that most of the dating advice on MSN geared towards men is an attempt to turn us into wussy, touchy-feely, flaming metrosexuals.

Ah yes, now I'll have some ignorant, blind individuals who believe that this crap on MSN and any other place for that matter is not propaganda and is not an attack on masculinity in modern society. "Conspiracy theorist!" they say. Open your eyes! You don't see a conspiracy only because you are blind, not because you are "sane".

Even little things like this dating column on MSN is evidence of the "conspiracy". We're being brainwashed and programmed through any conceivable form of media to be more feminine and get in touch with our feminine side. Hence lose our masculinity.

Regardless of what the "originator" of metrosexuality was "quoted" as saying, metrosexuality is being used as a tool today to promote the feminist/homosexual agenda, which is to abolish the division between the genders and make them equal in every mathematical sense of the word. Whether he intended it to be this way or not, that's the way it is being used. That's the way it will be defined. Bottom line.

It is no wonder that the MSN dating articles are complete garbage to enlightened individuals around here. Look who writes them!

Being "in touch" with my feminine side is NOT cool.

Being in touch with my masculine side is where it is at.

Source of article quoted:

http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=4143&TrackingID=516311&BannerID=544657&Gt1=6657

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
if i had the dough to spend id get manicures. I ****ing hate trimming and filing my nails, why not get a little FOB asian honey to do it?

its all about the perspective homie.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
MSN gives bad dating advice because...well...it's MSN.

If you're shopping for a kick-ass home theater, do you go to Wal*Mart and get whatever generic crap they happen to have on the shelf, or do you go to a high-end store like Tweeter?

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no way in hell I would ever get a manicure. Jesus, what is the world coming to? Bite them off or use the damn nail clippers!

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TillTheEndOfTime
You'll find that most of the .. advice .. geared towards men is an attempt to turn us...

this .. is .. an attack on masculinity in modern society. Open your eyes! You .. see a conspiracy .. because you are sane.

Even .. this dating column on MSN is evidence of the "conspiracy". We're being brainwashed and programmed through any conceivable form of media ... to promote the feminist/homosexual agenda, which is to abolish the division between the genders and make them equal in every mathematical sense of the word.
Just out of curiosity, who all is involved in this conspiracy you speak of? From the sounds of it, you believe that every major and minor media outlet is controlled by homosexuals and feminists with the evil intentions of pushing their beliefs onto the world's population. Surely in order to facilitate a global program of brainwashing on the masses they must have a strong leader - perhaps it's Dr. Evil? Mini Me? Number Two?

Another question - do you wear a hat made out of aluminum foil?

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo

Quiet! Don't let them hear you! The voices in my head tell me that they hear everything.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, who all is involved in this conspiracy you speak of? From the sounds of it, you believe that every major and minor media outlet is controlled by homosexuals and feminists with the evil intentions of pushing their beliefs onto the world's population. Surely in order to facilitate a global program of brainwashing on the masses they must have a strong leader - perhaps it's Dr. Evil? Mini Me? Number Two?

:crackup: :crackup: :D :crackup: :crackup:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to toss out my opinion, I dislike/distrust (take with a grain of salt) the mainstream media because; well... it's mainstream....

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I asked PRL this same question before he got banned, of course he never answered.

I guess it is pretty tough to answer, considering that the owners of all major media outlets are heterosexual males...

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
MSN gives bad dating advice because...well...it's MSN.

If you're shopping for a kick-ass home theater, do you go to Wal*Mart and get whatever generic crap they happen to have on the shelf, or do you go to a high-end store like Tweeter?
So if Sosuave gave the same lousy advice, it would be better because it's not coming from MSN?

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Interpol
I asked PRL this same question before he got banned, of course he never answered.

I guess it is pretty tough to answer, considering that the owners of all major media outlets are heterosexual males...
Before I answer this, I want to guage where you stand on this.

Do you believe that no conspiracy exists at all?

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TillTheEndOfTime
Before I answer this, I want to guage where you stand on this.

Do you believe that no conspiracy exists at all?
I believe that metrosexuality is best understood as a trend that has been propogated by marketing agencies because it is lucrative for them from a financial standpoint.

In the "tribute to real men" link that SuperGigalo posted, it mentions that L'Oreal has signed Ben Affleck as a spokesman. The company was quoted as saying "Ben embodies a new generation of men who show their strength in their personality but are not afraid to care for their appearance." You look at this as evidence of some grand conspiracy, I see it as evidence of a company simply trying to make more money. L'Oreal sells high quality skincare products, a consumer segment traditionally dominated by women - by marketing their products to men as well, L'Oreal effectively doubles their target audience. Ben Affleck agrees to help them accomplish this not out of some hidden desire to disempower his gender, but because L'Oreal is paying him millions of dollars.

The simple truth is that very few movements are driven by any genuine desire to change society, and metrosexuality is no different. Money makes the world go 'round. "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" exists because it gets high ratings. Mens skincare products are being advertised more frequently because people are buying them.

Any connection of metrosexuality to the homosexual agenda is tenuous at best. Very few homosexuals (or avowed feminists) hold positions of power in major U.S. corporations. In the elections last November, the more conservative party regained full control fo the government, and all 10 states who held referendums on gay marriage voted it down. If metrosexuality is a conspiracy to empower homosexuals, it hasn't been working too well.

Finally, on the subject of bad dating advice from mainstream media, this is nothing new. The "be a nice guy" stereotype has been perpetuated for decades.

I can see how the convergence of all thes things may lead one to believe there is a concerted effort to push a certain point of view, but you have to realize that the idea of media outlets colluding to "blur the gender lines" is downright silly.

HereToImprove

Don Juan
Reaction score
That article is just general grooming. Yes, I have read other bad articles in the mass market that were clearly written by women, but even the most hardcore DJ must realize the importance of decent grooming. Go try and find any expert who advocates cultivating your masculinity through dirty undies and smelly feet.

Its just a generally good idea to be groomed properly in life as well as in your gaming.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He uses his star sign to describe himself.

That makes me a sceptic to start with...

HereToImprove

Don Juan
Reaction score
One interesting thing to check is that the headers for the personals searches are:

"Find a Hot Girl" for men

"Find a Nice Guy" for women.

Apparently the information architect (my career, as it so happens) who wrote this nomenclature is a major AFC!

As we all know, women think they want a nice guy, but really dont.