Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why is Polygamy Illegal?

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is prostitution (Gropecunt!!! hehe)illegal?
Why is ecstasy illegal, but alcohol and tobacco aren't?
Why is gambling illegal?

Dumb social mores.
plural noun Sociology. folkways of central importance accepted without question and embodying the fundamental moral views of a group.

Son of anarchy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Because many lobbies as the church have enough power to push the government to do what they want.
Same for tobacco and alcohol,about prostitution is one of the few things where feminists and religious share the same view,to control men of course.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Why would you want polygamy legal? I wouldn't want to live in a culture that is polygamist. The "king" and his associates would have all the women. It decreases genetic variety and increases genetic defects since there's one father instead of multiple fathers. An who'd want to share their father's and family's resources among other women and half-siblings?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is that there would be a whole bunch of sexually frustrated males, which is never good for society. Without the grounding of a family to support, such bachelor men are bound to engage in risky behavior, and become fodder for subversive organizations like Al Qaeda.

When men are in a situation in which they have not passed on their genes (or see a way of doing so in the future), they instinctively act reckless, so as to prove their manliness to potential wives. Growing populations and consistent warring has always help to thin the ranks of male heavy populations, so that the remaining men always had enough women. Our recent peace and low population growth has made the situation such that there is an excess of men, which is why there are so many men here trying to learn the techniques for attracting those precious and few women.

Last edited:

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to know why I can't buy a bottle of wine from the grocery store on Sunday (but it's legal on the other days). I explained to the clerk that I wasn't religious, and that didn't seem to matter to her. I thought church and state were separate?

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You live in arkansas haha, how could they be.

u235sentinel

Reaction score
polygamy to be legalized?

Rounder said:
20 to 40 years from now I think it will be legal. Here is the start.

Bill O'Reilly has hit this topic a few times as well.
Personally I don't see how it's reasonable to have politicians pushing for legalized homosexual marriage and yet the government says they can legislate morality and make polygamy illegal.

I've heard the stories why it's bad. Because they are not consenting adults, because they are underage children, because there is spousal abuse.

As if that can't happy in our current legal system. That's why we have laws in place already to protect against that.

So if we have consenting adults??? How is that a problem?

I'm not suggesting it's for everybody. I am however suggesting this is something that makes no sense to criminalize. Next we'll hear the government will make it illegal to grow a garden or something else lame.

Criminalizing polygamy makes no sense. If you aren't doing anything else bad then why is this bad? After all, a guy can have multiple relations with woman, even have lots of kids and that's ok. As long as he doesn't call these women wives or claim the kids that is.

And this makes sense?

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, I had no idea..

SXS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can have as many women as you want,as long you are not married.

Why would anyone want more than one wife anyway ? It's just more bills for you to pay.

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting take, Mature DJ. I would like to see it legalized. Having more than 1 wife does not HAVE to be a problem, but a lot of laws would have to change to protect the man or it will never work in America.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Will it ever be legal? Eh....who knows. But I will say this-

With human's being only "semi-monogamous" creatures, regardless of the legal and social constraints that are placed upon them, there will always be some degree of this being practiced.

In marriage you have wealthy men with mistresses and wives cheating on hubby to fulfill their good dad/good genes imperative.

In dating you have even MORE cheating happening, branch swinging women who cling to old branches long after they have grabbed onto a new one, and 20% of men getting 80% of the pu$$y.

Rest assured, it IS happening, legal, legitimate, or not.

I've said this many times but it bears repeating- you can't fukk with mother nature. We are her b!tch.

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage, or monogamy is a religious law. It's a very old law in Western society, and most laws that were created ages ago were based on religion. Obviously marriage between two people is observed in Christianity, however the only group that is against it are mormons. America is a very christian country so don't plan on this law changing anytime soon.

I believe in some countries it is legal, I may be wrong but Muslim nations support polygamy so it may not be legal there. In time, as we seperate church from state, it one day may change. I totally support it for men and women. I don't see any harm in it, but apparently God (Law) does.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
It's funny how guys who don't even have one wife wish for polygamy as if that's somehow going to cause them to suddenly have multiple wives. No, you would have even less women. The "king" and his associates and relatives would have all the women. Things like polygamy and "kings" were done away with long ago because they create all kinds of problems. Seems like to me a lot of people are still stuck in a pre-Middle Ages peon mentality and they think that's alpha.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
It's funny how guys who don't even have one wife wish for polygamy as if that's somehow going to cause them to suddenly have multiple wives. No, you would have even less women. The "king" and his associates and relatives would have all the women. Things like polygamy and "kings" were done away with long ago because they create all kinds of problems. Seems like to me a lot of people are still stuck in a pre-Middle Ages peon mentality and they think that's alpha.
The premise of your statement is sound, but it only accounts for "legitimate" polygamous arrangements.

What we have today is essentially "polygamy without the vows". The men at the top STILL procure preferential access to the poon, it's just not polite to acknowledge such things, much less speak of them.

I've have several friends who are married or in LTR's who cheat and have "mistresses". Know what the common denominator is? They are ALL high value males. Wealth/success/power. They can get away with it, so they do.

The most extreme example is my buddy who does well for himself financially, but also has "family" money. He's one cool cat, and he's smooth with the ladies.

Up until a few weeks ago, he had (get this), a LIVE IN EX g/f, and an LTR at the same time. Yea, he was fukking the ex. I know....I messed around with her a few times and didn't get past a couple of fingers.

No doubt the LTR KNEW he was doing the ex, but the fact that my buddy is a "catch" allowed her to overlook a lot of things. This brings a famous Pook quote to mind....

Anyway, polygamy may technically be illegal, but it doesn't stop high status men from taking advantage of all of the benefits.

All of you were wondering why you were having problems getting laid? There ya go. If one alpha male is banging it out with three or four at a time that doesn't leave much left for the beta crowd, does it?