Why I am Taking a Break From the Club Scene

Sting

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Although I'm currently dating someone, I don't care much for the bar and club scene anymore. Like Trickynick wrote, the scene's expensive, and your odds are much lower of a successful hookup with quality.

When my girlfriend isn't staying over (and even when she is), I'm at the gym. On Friday nights, even when I get home from work at 8:00 p.m., my first thought is to hit the gym, not the bars or clubs.

What do you honestly get out of a bar or club?

1. Empty wallet from cover charges and drinks.
2. Lost sleep from staying out too late.
3. Bloodshot eyes and a smokey smell.
4. Hangover or a headache from drinking too much.
5. Ringing eardurms from loud music.
6. Lost voice from shouting over the crowd.
7. Rejections from women who go just for the ego stroke.
8. Fat from too much beer and bar food.

I could go on, but you probably get my point. My suggestion to anyone who wants to avoid the bar and club scene is to build your own scene. Throw your own party. You control your odds with women, and are seen by everyone invited as the center of attention. You also save yourself a tremendous amount of money, because the same money you'd spend on cover charges and drinks could buy 2-3 bottles of booze and a case or two of beer. Likewise, you buy a few dance CDs, or other popular music, and you control what's listened to at the party. There's no problem with the hookup, because the woman (or women) in which you are interested is (are) already in your place, and might stick around for a while after the party's over.

The worst that can happen is that people will say you threw a great party...and there's nothing wrong with having that type of reputation. Beats the alternative eh?

------------------
It could happen to you, just like it happened to me, there is simply no immunity, there's no guarantee...

the graphics guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Megadittos on no more clubbing--with one notable exception, if you come as part of a party it can be fun, and it keeps you tuned into modern trends for when you are chatting up young ladies elsewhere. But for ordinary nightspot-haunting, I'm just too d'amn old, plus I used to DJ (disk jockey not Don Juan) so it's pretty worn-out for me.

Dance lessons: a HUGE oppty to meet women-although not all of them are that young. Yoga classes are full of women, many of whom are open-minded (can you say SS & NLP, boys?) Ski club ladies are wild, to mention one of the outdoor sports interests (PS, the exercise and fresh air will do you good)

I agree with not dipping the pen in the company ink (as in dating your office-mates); but on-the-road opportunities are great for those who are in that position. I shoot on-location from time to time and meet women from client and vendor companies ("Fishing off the company pier!" Love it!
as well as consumers and tourists, and they are all fair game (and if you get rejected you'll never see them again--beats walking by the same cubicle every Monday to Friday past the same girl who shot you down or worse yet past the girl you had a hot fling with and can't stand anymore).

------------------
Bro's rule, grrrls drool!

ArizonaDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm done with the club scene as well. I've never liked it anyway, even though it's not hard to score an occassional one-night stand. I've been using the internet lately (match.com) which is actually where I met my last gf. I've only met about a half-dozen women total but the ones I did meet where extremely attractive, so much so that I was shocked. (none below an 8... last gf was a solid 9). They said they're online because they're sick of 50 guys a night hitting on them in bars and that they only go out with their girlfriends to dance anyway and not to meet guys. These are the same hotties who always seem to be on a 'girls night out' and won't talk to guys. And they're on the internet looking for a boyfriend... go figure!

The dance lessons have worked for me too but only as much as you go out and use what you learn. I haven't met any women in the classes because it's mostly older couples. But if you go out to a club on swing night or latin night and dance with several women, they love it and it's easy to get dates with actual quality women. They only go to dance and they assume you do too and that you're not there to hit on women. They're definitely not the same trashy girls you'll meet in a regular dance club and they think you're this awesome guy for knowing REAL dancing and not the usual club garbage.

I've had good luck in coffee places like Starbucks. The trick is to go at the same time every day for your coffee because so will a lot of other people on their way to work. After a few weeks a lot of the women will start to recognize you and say "hi" and you can start a conversation while you're in line. It's also easy to get numbers from the young chicks who work there once they know you. Although I've never sat in one of those places with a book or anything so I can't comment there. Personally I HATE the faggy atmosphere in Starbucks so I'm in and out as fast as possible and have only met women while waiting in line.

the graphics guy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ArizonaDJ:
I I haven't met any women in the classes because it's mostly older couples. /B]

I don't know if that's cuz of the demographics in Scottsdale.... Actually I have noticed both in Swing dancing and Country 2-Step lessons there seems to be a big surplus of women and they acually wind up having to dance with each other and take turns "being the guy" (OK no lezzie jokes here, fellas), which means when you show up on the scene you are already a rare commodity. Yes I know you will occasionally get stuck dancing w/some UG, but hey the HB's who see that are impressed that you are there to dance and not just pick up chicks (you dog, you!) And there is always at least one or two keepers there.

Plus of course, you are in fact learning something useful that you can take anywhere and work the ladies (want to be a giant hit at a wedding reception?).

------------------
Bro's rule, grrrls drool!

Top Bottom