Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why have i lost my motivation???

Elf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why have i lost my motivation to train, i'm paying the gym but i feel so tired that i dont wanna go the gym when i get home from work. i know there are no miracles but is there any way to get my motivation and joy of going to the gym and push some iron?

Please help

Thanks in advance

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop jerking off. Join a dojo. Compete. Get some athletic friends...

Do something to get yourself in the habit and keep you there. A little competition could give you the kick in the ass that you really need.;)

Also, changing your user name might help too.:D

Just do it.

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
get friends on the varsity teams, and see what they can lift compared to you. Work on making gains at the same rate they do, and also work on getting better at sports you like.

Slimijs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Follow the advice above and try to change your training shedule.

Belgium_Freak

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my case, motivation came from me seeing my body change. The more i changed, the more looks i got from the opposite sex, the hungrier i became to train even more! Ofcourse, there are days where you just don't want to go, but once you get back on the rail, everything will be fine.

If you don't do tanning, i suggest you start doing it. It makes you look much better (wich will lead you to motivation). Use supplements to speeden up your fat loss/muscle building progress so you will see your body change, wich eventually will lead up to skyrocketed motivation levels!

talrock

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just take a look around you. Look at people you work with, people you interact with on a daily basis. Take a look outside, take a look at people waiting on line for McDonald's.

Look at all of those people, and ask yourself, "Do you want to be just another one of them?" I think that every time I contemplate skipping a workout, or find myself with no desire. I just stop, take a look at those who don't dedicate themselves the way I do, yet they complain about their weight. Do something, or do nothing. The choice is yours.

Jango_Xavier

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A kiwi in a very bad disguise of a dutchman :P
Everytime you don't want to train or do what ever in life just compare the pro's & con's of the end result & you'll see that the pro's totally out weigh the con's. Think long term not short term.
Stuff like this gets me motivated, hope it helps you out too.

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple..... stop training all together... a possible reason why you may have a lack of motivation.. is because it is a way of your body telling you that you may need a rest. You may have been training really well / hard for the last how-ever-long.. and your body may need to recover.

If you have time off... dont look at yourself in the mirror (naked) for 2-3 weeks... then after that period... rip your gear off, and have a long hard look at yourself.... then. you will notice the diff of not training, even if only a small change in your appearance, your mind will blow it out of proportion.. so you will appear exactly how you DONT want to appear in a mirror.... then have 1 more week off.. then hit the gym.... you will train like a mad-man. You will also see some great results. It is a great way to get over the "plateau" that is so easy to hit.

Time off from training is so "UNDER RATED".. i can almost guarantee... that after your time off... 1 month or so into it.... you should have gained on every exercise.. by 10%... and you will be motivated for another great length of time.

A lot of people are scared to have time-off from the gym.. becasue it messes with your mind... but there is no reason why you cant have 2 weeks off every 3-4 months. Its a lot easier to keep hitting your goals, and aming higher.

One more thing.... if whenever you get home, and dont feel like going to gym... Dont!... your lack of motivation will reflect in your workout.. thus.. just being counter-productive... alot easier to do an injury... cos you dont feel as strong etc.. but you try and lift your usual weight. Also, if you do take the night off... dont try and "catch-up" on your weekly routine... just continue on... and weight till next week.

Good Luck