Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why guys don’t want to be friends with a girl who breaks up with them…

Canadian Catnip

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just read this on a blog.

http://www.b937online.com/pages/399...om/2009/09/23/would-you-like-fries-with-that/

I know a girl who broke up with a guy and she told him she wanted to “still be friends.” He said, “No thanks.” She wondered why he couldn’t fall back to being just friends after they had a romantic relationship. I came up with the ”McDonalds Analogy” to try and explain it in a simple way that would help all women understand this tough question.

Imagine if you went to McDonalds a lot and ordered a Big Mac Combo meal. A Big Mac, Large Fries and a Coke. You really like this meal. One day, you pull up to the drivethrough and order the Big Mac Combo meal and the girl tells you, “I’m sorry - you can have the Big Mac and the Coke, but you can’t get fries with that anymore.” You think about this for a moment, and sure - the Big Mac is the centerpiece of the meal, but McDonalds has some really good fries and you like their fries with your meal. So you say, “I’ve been able to get fries with that before, why can’t I have fries with my Big Mac combo anymore?” The girls says, ”Well, I just think it is better if you only have the Big Mac and the Coke from here on out.”

At this point, a lot of guys are going to go to Wendy’s or BK and see if they can get fries with their combo at that drivethrough window. But there are some guys who REALLY like McDonalds Big Macs and they might think, “If I keep coming here and ordering the Big Mac and Coke, maybe she’ll change her mind and give me some fries with that later.” So they will keep on getting the combo without the fries until the deal breaker happens: One day that guy is going to order the Big Mac and Coke and then he’s going to pull up a little bit to pay, and someone else is going to pull up to the drivethrough speaker and order the “Big Mac Combo” and he is going to hear the girl say, “Would you like fries with that?”

That’s why guys don’t like to be friends with a girl who breaks up with them.

Sounds about right to me.

thedude4242

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
because you cant be friends with a woman you where sexual and intimate with. you look at her the whole time you guys are friends and want to get that part of that relationship back. it is like you can look but cant touch eventhough you liked what you where once touching and you want to keep touching.

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thedude4242 said:
because you cant be friends with a woman you where sexual and intimate with. you look at her the whole time you guys are friends and want to get that part of that relationship back. it is like you can look but cant touch eventhough you liked what you where once touching and you want to keep touching.
It's more than just sex though.....At one time and place you made her your world. You loved her, cared for her, had sex with her, and contemplated making her your wife. Instead she crushes the heart you gave her due to her false sense of loyalty in a relationship and goes with her "feelings" for another man.

She simply wants to backstep and make you a friend when you want more and you will never get that again. No we can't be friends you *****....we were a great level of friends and now you crap on that.:down:

That's why friendships after a relationship and very rare.....time heals all though.

DarthNihilus

Don Juan
Reaction score
On the planet Korriban training TheHumanist in the
Thats one good way of putting it but I don't think it COMPLETELY tells the story for all men.

For some guys its about following the path that makes sense for their lives or rather being true to themselves and truthful to themselves.

In other words a certain chick breaks up with you, who you still having romantic feelings for, she requests to be friends with you and not out of bitterness and not out of hate you deny her that request because what you want out of your interaction with her is a romantic and sexual relationship not a friendship.

You would be dishonest to yourself to engage in a friendship with a woman in this particular scenario so you decline her offer.

Another reason not to accept the deceptive "olive branch of friendship" from a woman after a breakup is because it is usually just her way of being nice and passive aggressive about her intent to be rid of you in an intimate fashion or alternatively she may genuinely want your company but just no longer your intimacy and no clued in guy is going to accept that kind of shoddy one sided deal nor should he. :cool:

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If conditions are right you can get a FB out of it, and then you'll lose all respect for her.

starplayer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^ But if she is breaking up with you then she has almost definitely lost her attraction to you and won't want to sleep with you again.

However, if you're the one to dump her then you could well get a FB out of it because she's still attracted to you. I think the McDonald's analogy holds true in this situation as well - except instead of the fries representing sex, they represent the commitment and emotional connection a woman gets from her boyfriend but not a FB. However the woman still tries to get fries (a relationship) with their combo (sex) hoping it will go back to how it was before.

02hero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
**** the lack of fries. Just go order yourself a happy meal.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
^^ Happy meals just won't cut it. That's just a consolation prize.

You can either be a friend or lover. Not both.

thedude4242

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
all this stuff is the same thing I was saying you guys made it a little more complicated though.