Why do you guys want to get married?

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone that's ever existed would be a beta, under your definition.

Your argument seems inapplicable.

:-)

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
piranha45 said:
Everyone that's ever existed would be a beta, under your definition.

Well if the cap fits....

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
I prefer to get married, but I don't want to get screwed over by american woman and the system in general.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
asa_don said:
you're full of sh!t, i've seen lots of posters present counter arguments to the crap you write, after they do you whine and insult them calling them betas, b!tches, or bufoons unable to counter their argument. seems like you're just trolling the forum.
I always entertain intelligent counter arguments. Such are rare. Its hard to have a counter argument to the truth.

Most counter arguments I get are either white knight logic or Disney fantasy world logic. If you come to me with that nonsense I WILL think you're an ignorant beta b!tch.

bensimsJYG said:
I want to get married eventually so that I can raise kids in a healthy environment. That doesn't make me weak minded, co-dependent or insecure.
You're weak minded if you think being married magically makes a home environment healthy for a child OR that not being married automatically makes a home environment unhealthy.

You're just a product of blue pill brainwashing. Most men don't think for themselves and just blindly follow the status quo. You are a perfect example of this. :crackup:

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cola said:
Well I'm against this type of marriage as well. If you aren't ready to marry and she is, just let her go.

Geez you r creepy sometimes. You do make valid points often, but you are like a goth kid.. its always raining in your head.

I feel like if I was at a bar with poon king, and said bro those two over there are hot.. he would give me a 2 hour lecture on why they came looking so hot as a ploy to emasculate men and we should just stand here looking at each other because making it known we think they are hot would be beta. :D
Lolol, totally reminded me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bK963ZjlyE

somarain

Reaction score
I registered because I saw this forum as possibly worthy of some time but after reading Poon King's posts I'm not so sure. Are there a lot of people like him here?

Anyway the legal climate of marriage may be ****ed up right now, but that doesn't mean marriage itself is. I personally don't really want to be trying to pull women in my 50s, I'd rather already have one.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
somarain said:
I registered because I saw this forum as possibly worthy of some time but after reading Poon King's posts I'm not so sure. Are there a lot of people like him here?

Anyway the legal climate of marriage may be ****ed up right now, but that doesn't mean marriage itself is. I personally don't really want to be trying to pull women in my 50s, I'd rather already have one.

According to him, you should aggressively pursue them while saying they are a waste of time on an Internet forum

YawataNoKami

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stugots said:
Why not do yourself a favor and avoid women period.

I mean after all you could get them pregnant.

They could claim you raped them.

They could have exes, family etc. come after you.

They could get angry and damage your property.

They could call the cops on you regardless.

Just do you. Go your own way and stop trying to convince everyone the sky is falling and it's a 100% "certainty" because you've sat in an environment where all you saw was divorce cases.

I've known plenty of men who've gotten divorced and they aren't running around trying to convince everyone to never get married let alone are they not finding finding new women and getting re-married or even reconciling with their exes. And I know plenty of people who are married, have stayed married and for MANY MANY years.

Actually come to think of it a neighbor of mine has gotten divorced and HE has his house. SHE is gone.

Your personal experience isn't everyone's or will be across the board. Period.
So one man , wow huge number. There you have it boys one guy got the house and the ex is gone. The One. :)

Your personal experience (the neighbor/The One) isn't everyone's or will be across the nation(fixed).

Carry on , cupcake.

Stugots

Banned
Reaction score
YawataNoKami said:
So one man , wow huge number. There you have it boys one guy got the house and the ex is gone. The One. :)

Your personal experience (the neighbor/The One) isn't everyone's or will be across the nation(fixed).

Carry on , cupcake.
Sorry son. Until you can prove marriage is 100% a "loss" and never a gain you are talking from a negative mindset.

If marriage is guaranteed to screw all men and never work? Then you have a point. Until then the rest of us know many people in successful marriages and even men who've gotten divorced who aren't "taken to the cleaners". In fact my other friend got divorced and SHE made most of the money, and owned the house before they got married. Never heard anything from him about how he got "raped" in court.

I know far too many married people for YEARS and YEARS married.

So go your own way and hide under a rock because life is a risk. It's a reality with any and everything. Minimize it till you disappear. But you aren't going anywhere are you.

YawataNoKami

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stugots said:
Sorry son. Until you can prove marriage is 100% a "loss" and never a gain you are talking from a negative mindset.

If marriage is guaranteed to screw all men and never work? Then you have a point. Until then the rest of us know many people in successful marriages and even men who've gotten divorced who aren't "taken to the cleaners". In fact my other friend got divorced and SHE made most of the money, and owned the house before they got married. Never heard anything from him about how he got "raped" in court.

So go your own way and hide under a rock because life is a risk. It's a reality with any and everything. Minimize it till you disappear. But you aren't going anywhere are you.
Men like you (because you are a man.........right?) are just gender traitor.
Why do males opting out even need to be defended? This sh1t is insane. Do we not warrant a choice of our own? Does "my body, my choice" only apply to women? Obviously the above is rhetorical, as I already know the pathetic truth. I guess I should just "man up".

I think the hating on marriage is from the fact that its very likely to end in divorce . And even in the case where marriage doesn't end, it is believed by many men to be overall biased against men.
They would refer to:
males automatically being treated as abusers/in-the-wrong by authorities in domestic and child custody matters even though based on evidence women can be a significant percentage of the abusing party

females having more leeway in committing crimes/violence against and also falsely accusing men without often facing consequences

males having virtually no support structure by society or government if they find themselves in trouble in a marriage

an alimony system that allows a female to be able to divorce you and to continue to live with a raised standard of living which the males provided while they were married. They feel that once the marriage is over, the female is an independent human being capable of providing for herself, especially when the marriage was for a short period of time where the female wasn't hindered in any way (child birth, stay-at-home,etc.) from pursuing higher earnings.

Basically, if I'm expected to sign up for something that I think is unfair, I'm likely to broadcast to others why I think its unfair.
Think of it from our perspective. We somewhat see every married man pretty much is playing a game of russian roulette (without the lethal consequences). You never know any second what will make your wife decide to divorce, and you know divorce is something you're going to be screwed over in more so than your wife. So why play that game of russian roulette.

That "Peter Pan" garbage is a myth. Females get the princess treatment starting when they are kids. They get special attention, special scholarships, special slots. There are many women-only programs to assist them. Throughout a female´s life, whether at work or not, she can destroy a man with nothing more than an accusation.Reproductive choice is given to women but not men. The State acts as women´s advocate rather than a neutral mediator. Ditto for marriage. Could go on and on with female-only advantages.So, men checking out is a sign of their sanity, not their immaturity.

Your choice as a free human being to do what you want in life, many here are just stating their belief from experience. Modern marriage is one of the reason why sites like this exist. Men from all over the world are experiencing the same thing, marriage is a high risk low reward venture for men it's a big gamble, it's not a secret we all see it happen everyday we know the law and most of all many have been through it. With the internet we are able to share our experiences and talk about it and hopefully give the word of caution to those who are willing to make that gamble. You could say we are being jaded I say we are being smart.What I am most happy about is that since a lot have been through it we are now immune to shaming language and live our lives without the weight of that social pressure and can stand up for ourselves and say NO!

50% marriages end in divorce , 70% initiated by women because of boredom. So , cupcake, you know "far too many married people" , thats great. Are they happy? Everybody knows married people , cupcake. That means nothing.If I woman were to insist on - or possibly even request - getting married under US law, I would seriously question whether or not she actually had my best interests at heart.

Stugots

Banned
Reaction score
YawataNoKami said:
Men like you (because you are a man.........right?) are just gender traitor.
Why do males opting out even need to be defended? This sh1t is insane. Do we not warrant a choice of our own? Does "my body, my choice" only apply to women? Obviously the above is rhetorical, as I already know the pathetic truth. I guess I should just "man up".

I think the hating on marriage is from the fact that its very likely to end in divorce . And even in the case where marriage doesn't end, it is believed by many men to be overall biased against men.
They would refer to:
males automatically being treated as abusers/in-the-wrong by authorities in domestic and child custody matters even though based on evidence women can be a significant percentage of the abusing party

females having more leeway in committing crimes/violence against and also falsely accusing men without often facing consequences

males having virtually no support structure by society or government if they find themselves in trouble in a marriage

an alimony system that allows a female to be able to divorce you and to continue to live with a raised standard of living which the males provided while they were married. They feel that once the marriage is over, the female is an independent human being capable of providing for herself, especially when the marriage was for a short period of time where the female wasn't hindered in any way (child birth, stay-at-home,etc.) from pursuing higher earnings.

Basically, if I'm expected to sign up for something that I think is unfair, I'm likely to broadcast to others why I think its unfair.
Think of it from our perspective. We somewhat see every married man pretty much is playing a game of russian roulette (without the lethal consequences). You never know any second what will make your wife decide to divorce, and you know divorce is something you're going to be screwed over in more so than your wife. So why play that game of russian roulette.

That "Peter Pan" garbage is a myth. Females get the princess treatment starting when they are kids. They get special attention, special scholarships, special slots. There are many women-only programs to assist them. Throughout a female´s life, whether at work or not, she can destroy a man with nothing more than an accusation.Reproductive choice is given to women but not men. The State acts as women´s advocate rather than a neutral mediator. Ditto for marriage. Could go on and on with female-only advantages.So, men checking out is a sign of their sanity, not their immaturity.

Your choice as a free human being to do what you want in life, many here are just stating their belief from experience. Modern marriage is one of the reason why sites like this exist. Men from all over the world are experiencing the same thing, marriage is a high risk low reward venture for men it's a big gamble, it's not a secret we all see it happen everyday we know the law and most of all many have been through it. With the internet we are able to share our experiences and talk about it and hopefully give the word of caution to those who are willing to make that gamble. You could say we are being jaded I say we are being smart.What I am most happy about is that since a lot have been through it we are now immune to shaming language and live our lives without the weight of that social pressure and can stand up for ourselves and say NO!

50% marriages end in divorce , 70% initiated by women because of boredom. So , cupcake, you know "far too many married people" , thats great. Are they happy? Everybody knows married people , cupcake. That means nothing.If I woman were to insist on - or possibly even request - getting married under US law, I would seriously question whether or not she actually had my best interests at heart.
No they're all miserable. Because marriage and any relationship can only make people miserable. Is that what you prefer to hear? Happy cupcake?

You are a "victim" to something you've either never taken part in or are too afraid and clueless to actually/ have succeeded in whereas others DO succeed in.

If you don't want to get married. Don't. Others experience aren't determined based on what you don't want to do.

Or do you need to keep "convincing" each other? I mean you're all so SURE you don't want to get married correct? How many years of listening to the echo chamber do you need to believe it? Or are you trying to drag others down with you to feel nice and "comfy" in your decision? Nah. You dudes just want to see marriage collapse and society burn to feel "good" because things don't go YOUR way. Unfortunately society starts with TWO people. And it ain't going anywhere. Man Woman Nature. Like it or not.

Everyone is their OWN man. A man doesn't need other men to tell him over and over and over what he needs to do. If he does. Then he isn't his own man. He's a deluded fool who believes he's "unplugged" while at the same time at the mercy of what everyone ELSE who's "unplugged" decides.

Stop the nonsense. If you want to weed your genes out of existence. Nature still wins.

MAYALL

Don Juan
Reaction score
YawataNoKami said:

Frankly speaking, you should be ashamed of yourself for writing such a negative weak minded post. You're giving away all of your power to women being a weak minded beta right out of the gate. Never in my life have I read such weak minded garbage before. Men are superior to women who are the weaker sex. Your beta mindset makes the weaker woman more powerful than men with the beta fear you have. What are you going to do? Fear women the rest of your life because they "may" do something to you? Dudes here are so paranoid. I've never seen anything like it before. :crackup:

somarain

Reaction score
Mauser96 said:
Tell us about yourself and your situation, background.

Besides the fact that you have had numerous accounts here before, that is.
I'm 21 and in college and this is my first account here.

Reaction score
you guys are SO "zelphi", or whatever your silly name is for whatever it is you like or don't like. It's really inspiring.

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:
All men who desire marriage are either weak minded, co-dependent or insecure. OR all three. :crackup:
Not necessarily. The best counter example I can think of is a man marrying into a rich or powerful family and acquiring resources, connections and opportunities he would not otherwise have access to (think Frank Underwood in House of Cards)

As a general rule though you are correct.

jes23_F

Banned
Reaction score
cola said:
Poon King I read your posts and a few things ive noticed about you.

1. You've insulted just about everybody on this forum.
2. Any time someone disagrees with you, they are "weak ot a beta".

07/29/2015

Poon King: Chit chat is the domain of women and faggots.

So poon do you just go around sticking your fingers in random vaginas without so much as one conversation?

07/12/2015
Bill gates is beta.
Lol. Didnt know you two were aquainted. Turning Microsoft into a powerhouse and making yourself the richest man in the WORLD then vowing to donate more than HALF that fortune to charity upon death is really beta though..

07/20/15
The word husband and idiot is interchangeable.

So every man who ever married was an idiot? Bold statement. Not one single one of the billions of men who married got a good deal out of it?

07/12/2015
He is married. That is what you call beta submission
-Cola sighs-

06/07/2016
I speak reality. If you view it as negativity you are weak, emotional.

Funny you said that to me up above as well.

In another thread a guy said his virgin girlfriend was uncomfortable with sex, you told him put her on the shelf and have sex with her friends..

WTF??? How can you say you're not negative.
LOL! So, true...disgusting. Poon King loose mind lol. A man that won't marry a woman he truly love is a gay idiot! Afraid to receive the blessing God give to him.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stugots said:
You are a "victim" to something you've either never taken part in or are too afraid and clueless to actually/ have succeeded in whereas others DO succeed in.
I did not succeed in that. I was married and my ex-wife asked for a divorce in less than two months after an expensive wedding that saw 180 guests.

My divorce process appears easy based on the fact we never actually lived together as husband and wife and the separation date is based on the wedding date.

The courtship and engagement with this same girl went so good, and she was so loving that the idea of a break-up was unthinkable. It's when we got married and had a huge wedding, her family came in the picture and thrashed what pre-marriage arrangement we had.

It shows at least that a woman, who you think is the love of your life, or "the ONE", or God sent, can viciously change after the wedding and then you are at the mercy of the system and how far she's prepared to go.

Stugots said:
If you don't want to get married. Don't. Others experience aren't determined based on what you don't want to do.
He said he had experience in the legal system. How many people that have been divorced or going through a divorce actually planned to be there when they got married?

I can tell you that 100%, if there was any hint I was going to go through a divorce so soon after a wedding that I wouldn't have continued with the wedding. The no-fault divorce system makes it trecherous since any partner can just unilaterally decide to separate and within 1 year you have a divorce and whatever support issues you have to deal with.

Now, whether someone's jaded and doesn't believe "true love" can exist is another story. I'm a blind romantic myself and still believe in the idea of "true love" and wouldn't mind getting married a second time. I would say that ignorance is bliss and it's better to have love and lost rather than not to have loved at all and defeat the arguments made against marriage on those grounds. At the end of the day you forfeit allot of fun and meaning in life if you try to protect yourself from everything.

badboyjmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stugots said:

That argument is pretty weak because there's nothing that can be 100% success or a 100% fail in live. The only things certain in life are taxes and death (and some people don't even pay taxes too)

Also the fact that you there's exceptions to a rule confirms it. Therefore, with the current laws when it comes to divorce, no-fault divorce, child support, there's little incentives for a man to get married.

For guys wanting kids, it is very truth that the best environment is to have both parents present, but it doesn't not mean that they need to be married. It makes no difference to the kid as long as both parents are living in harmony.

So if a guy wants to get married, good for him and I just hope he doesn't turn into another divorce statistic. As per me, I don't see the benefits of being married to one woman and the government so they pretty much get to own half of my life plus possible alimony and child support if things go sour....

No thanks