Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do you do what you do?

comote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am going to answer your original question because I am not a motivational speaker.

Recipe for me to question my life purpose:
Take one highly motivated, high achieving person. Pre-prepare in college and graduate school for 4-10 years.

Take said person and place in mundane white collar existence for 6-12 months.

In my case college and graduate school was fun. There were sometimes I didn't realize it, but it was. It took me all of 1 year in a white collar job to realize I had to leave.

Some people realize this reality earlier, some realize it later. But eventually most realize the reality that all the lofty goals that were set for us, either by ourselves or by others, are meaningless.

White collar america is a joke. The amount of people that a company really needs to function is a minute fraction of what is truly employed. Most of us are worth more to the economy as consumers than we are as employees.

This is why the only choice is what we love. My personal goal in life is to make my life as good as it can be. That means if some portion of my life is unacceptable I change that.

I have the best job in the world for me, I am a professor at a university. I teach and do research. I am not the best researcher in my field, far from it. But I don't even care to be. My goal is to understand my field as best I can. WHY? Because learning brings me joy. It brings me happiness. No one else may care about the things I am learning about, but I care.

In contrast when I was working in industry, other people cared about what I was doing but I thought it was a waste of time.

What I am getting at is this . . . A life purpose is primarily about YOU!

DO what brings you joy. If what brings you joy is going to a "dead-end" job and going home to watch TV, then do it.