Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do women text you for stupid reasons?

dubAllStar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I met this woman in an office I work at from time to time and I am finding that she will text me about very mundane work related sh*t. I was wondering: is this a common thing for women? Is this just her way to get in touch with me?

For example:

She texts: "Hey do you know what *blah blah* gets back?"
I'm thinking: "How would I know, you are his secretary..."
(She sent this one this morning at 10am - on a Sunday...)

She texts: "I forgot that paper you created for me with all of the receipt numbers on it..."
I'm thinking: "You have a copy of that paper in the file you are holding. You should know that since you copied it and put it there."

She texts: "Hey *blah blah* was so rude today!"
I'm thinking: "I don't really care, I'm only on contract..."

She *calls*: "Hey *blah blah* just called me at 9pm... any idea what he would want?"
I tell her: "How would I know... check the voicemail he left you."

A couple of my friends were talking about how women do this from time to time. A buddy of mine met a woman over a weekend (didn't have sex, only hung out and kissed at a concert) and she texted him a week later telling him not to forget his roommates birthday. They live together and have celebrated eachothers' birthdays for 10 years and she knows this, how could he forget?

Do they do this this to grab your attention? The funny thing is that a lot of times you will respond and you wont hear from them again for a couple of days.

Also, thinking that this is some ploy to get me to ask her out, I responded to one of her questions like this:

Me: "Yeah I have to finish that report this afternoon. Hey, listen: after I am finished I am going to go downtown to watch this show in the park if you would like to join me."
Her response: "Oh well good luck with that report! I'll talk to you later"
Me: "Is that a yes or a no?"
Her: "That's a maybe."
Me: "Haha well I'de prefer the 'no' over that one. Have fun."

WTF? I'm getting mixed signals.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I concur with kingy. The fact that you even respond to such inane questions is suspect at best and as far as that last convo I would be pissed if I got a BS response like that, but then again I would not have added in asking her to accompany me anywhere to begin with the way you did.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could ignore it, answer the questions with simple one word answers without worrying about the underlying whatever, or play with it to practice your cokky/funny

dubAllStar said:
She texts: "Hey do you know what *blah blah* gets back?"
A: No.
B: Oh that's right, he told me to help you with your problem while he's gone...I'll be right over.

She texts: "I forgot that paper you created for me with all of the receipt numbers on it..."
A: no response (as it wasn't a question)
B: Who are you? I forgot.

She texts: "Hey *blah blah* was so rude today!"
A: yes you were.
B: If i'm satisfied with how you're going to make it up to me, I might forgive you..

She *calls*: "Hey *blah blah* just called me at 9pm... any idea what he would want?"
A: no.
B: yea, he just called me about the same thing...something to do with you....

Also, thinking that this is some ploy to get me to ask her out, I responded to one of her questions like this:
in that case, from now on, respond to all texts with:

Ok, you can stop beating around the bush. I'll go out with you but ONLY if you promise to buy me dinner and NOT expect anything!

if you respond to all texts as if she is begging for your COKK, but you have to politely decline, you could have some fun.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Half the time, it's just another way of talking-why do women talk as much as they do ? now they can talk and text at the same time.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sodbuster said:
Half the time, it's just another way of talking-why do women talk as much as they do ? now they can talk and text at the same time.
Q. How can they drive, check their makeup, light up a smoke, talk to a passenger and text at the same time ?

A.( from a woman ) Because we women can multi-task ( said with that grating air of superiority)
A. (from a man) Because they are recklessly stupid.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No lie, a young college gal I was playing volleyball with this weekend kept leaving our team during the middle of the game to talk/text on her phone, making the teams a little uneven. Really fvckin annoying. The uglier girls didn't do that crap. She said she was giving her girlfriend directions to where we were. How long does it take to do that?? She was just jabbering and jibbering around disrespecting all of us playing our game, I say.

No one had the balls (including me :() to tell her she couldn't play if she was going to just leave our game to talk on the phone, and then walk back on, without telling anybody.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dubAllStar said:
Do they do this to grab your attention? .
Yes, woman are notorious for wanting attention and all this new technology such as texting, emails, facebook allows them to get attention 24 hours a day from various sources.

If you suspect a woman is using you just for attention, don't answer her texts.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dubAllStar said:
I met this woman in an office I work at from time to time and I am finding that she will text me about very mundane work related sh*t. I was wondering: is this a common thing for women? Is this just her way to get in touch with me?
As much as that Venus and Mars guy irritates me (John Grey ?),he might be able to fill you in here.

From my observation, women just love to chat about shyte. Aimless and pointless static. It does not have any value or worth, but they do it anyway.

Secondly, if she wanted to date you, she would have accepted your invite.
This woman is just using you as a chat buddy. Cut her off before she annoys you into saying something that you might regret.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
Secondly, if she wanted to date you, she would have accepted your invite.
Truth.

dubAllStar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great advice. Thank you.

I actually took this woman out a couple times about two years ago. Nothing got too serious (although we did sleep together) because I only come into town from time-to-time for big projects. We went our own ways, as most people do, and only began talking to her again after 8 months due to another project coming up.

I assumed that her mundane texts (all sent at random times throughout the day and a lot at night, actually) were due to:

a) Some form of manipulation - I have noticed this a lot from other women. They will text you at certain times of the night to "make sure" you aren't doing anything "bad." They will also text you a question that warrants a response, but they will not respond to your reply. By you being the last person to send a text, they somehow believe that this gives them the right to text you back anytime they feel like it - more likely a couple days later.

b) She is into me/wants my attention - this one seems to be least likely. I got her over to my place last week and laid on the charm. It worked - to a point. I had her on my bed and was all over her, but she wouldn't kiss me saying she "needed to be away from men for a while because she was damaged" but she wouldn't fight me at all. She just wouldn't "give in" completely to me. I finally just got annoyed and instead of ignoring her half-joking "you need to stop.. haha" comments, I just stopped. She looked at me like I shot her dog and I let her leave.

c) She wants to turn me into some gay friend/girlfriend - says it all. Just wants me there to be her emotional tampon, which is what I kinda was when I first met her (I was super AFC until I ran into a cluster B chick that pulled me out of the Matrix.... or should I say shot me out at light speed?).

d) She just likes to talk about dumb sh*t that makes no sense - this one could very well be coupled with one of the other choices.

Over analyzing at its best.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
dubAllStar said:
Do they do this this to grab your attention? The funny thing is that a lot of times you will respond and you wont hear from them again for a couple of days.
Yes, that is why they do it.

If you text her back and she doesn't respond, then don't waste any more time.

Your little friend dropped the ball on this one, BTW. You made an offer and she played passive-aggressive with it instead of accepting or rejecting outright. So don't answer her texts any more.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear DubAllStar,
Yeah....mostly frogs drivel,but know this,anything you say,anything,will be broadcast far and wide....As an aside,why in the name of tarnation,do the stupid Cows have to look at you,as they rabbit on while driving,scares the bejassuz out of a bloke.

dubAllStar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche said:
Dear DubAllStar,
Yeah....mostly frogs drivel,but know this,anything you say,anything,will be broadcast far and wide....As an aside,why in the name of tarnation,do the stupid Cows have to look at you,as they rabbit on while driving,scares the bejassuz out of a bloke.
What?

decades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
because she has fingers and they are not always occupied buying things at the drug store.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm way ahead of the curve on this (or is it way behind?)...I canceled my texting plan.

Hell if I'm going to be slave to a phone.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche said:
Dear DubAllStar,
Hey Scara, they might have a translation problem with that in Nth America.