Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

why do women start to ignore after seemingly decent interaction?

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i get this over and over and over again at work. sometimes ill just have a regular conversation with a woman, and it seems to go fine. ill think to myself, hey she was nice, she was friendly, that was cool. then sure enough, the next time i see her she will completely ignore me, just completely not acknowledging my presence. what are these women doing here? are they letting me know to stay away from them, or do they withdraw to see if i will talk to them? im not flirting or asking these women out, this is just normal professional conversation. i really dont know whats going on. i just end up avoiding the women who start acting like this.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of different reasons.

One of them might be that, she's found out everything about you that she wants to (for now).

Try not to keep the conversation going until you've exhausted every topic.
Keep it short and sweet, but politely excuse yourself when you're in the middle of something (hopefully you've got work to do) and tell her you'll get back to her.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, i'm not there but i'd bet you're imagining things. i mean, what do you want them to do? entertain you? make sure they say something every time they see you because you are royalty? are you looking for some validation?

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well i dont talk to these women that much, im a low level IT worker, and i only really talk to them if im helping them set up a piece of equipment or something. and sometimes they will say hi the next few times i see them around, and then all of a sudden the ignoring starts. thats the wierd part for me, the women who were normal and friendly at first but then ignore out of nowhere. what is that makes them do that suddenly? do they all of a sudden one day realize you are repulisive, cause i was really hoping maybe it was some kind of test or maybe they wanted me to talk to them. wishful thinking i know. i mean do any of you guys get this a lot?

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
But I think options is the number #1 reason. If you were banging two 9's, had 3 8's calling you all the time begging to take you out to dinner all the time, and 10 6's and 7's telling you how beautiful you are, even though you constantly dressed down to look like sh*t and avoid the harassment, and on top of all this you led a reasonably busy life, would that 6 or 7 guy you talked to for five minutes suddenly seem worth your time?

yeah you are right, most these women have guys throwing themselves at them constantly, they must be pretty desensitized to it. i guess im just expecting too much. back to bottling it all up inside.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IT guy talking about work = invisible once the pc is fixed.
See Sig.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Purefilth said:
IT guy talking about work = invisible once the pc is fixed.
: (

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
was at work before, so I was short with you. Sadly it's Briffaults law at play here - you fix computers, and they need theirs fixed. Therefore, while you are doing something for them, you have a enough value for them to talk.
You kept it professional which wont make them wanna fvck, but add in what Bradd said here too!

Basically, Keep it professional with these chicks, because if you do try to chat them up,as soon as you're gone they'll be DHVing to the guys/ girls they work with and giggling about it behind your back.

This may seem like a really negative view, but

"OMG!! The IT geek just tried to chat me up!!!"
not so hard to picture that scenario, is it?

Gives them gossip/entertainment but can also give you bad rep. at work/ se xual harrassment suit if one of them decides to be a bish!
Keep it pro at work, game and play out of work :up:

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Order in the court!

What happens is that women hold these decent interactions just to be nice and to not seem like a b**ch.

OP, what are you trying to get with these women? If you answered sex, you need to act like a lover. If I were you, don't sh*t where you eat. I don't date at work. But if you answered attention wh0re feeder, you're doing a damn good job. Have you ever read Briffault's Law? Google it. Understand it.

Also, women are getting a whole lot wiser to the game and the PUA community, I'm sorry, movement, and the growing number of desperate males who continue to buy and employ these tactics doesn't help. Instead, it makes women more and more prized, thus entitlement issues are through the roof.

I'll also add that men chase and women choose. I'll let you figure out who's giving and getting most of the attention. Alas, this whole case is proof that women control the dating game. (Thanks to so many men worshipping the ground women walk on and sh*t) Not only that, women are much better at banding together to raise the price of love, sex, companionship, etc. than men are at lowering said price.

Judge nismo reporting the facts.

Case closed.

thevilittletroll

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
keep in mind that just because you have a conversation with a girl doesnt mean she's attracted to you. any girl will talk to you if you have good enough conversational skills. think about this, have you ever been in a public place like a spoting event, or a concert, or a bus stop, or on a plane, and a fat ugly woman or old lady strikes up a conversation with you? at the end of the conversation are you suddenly attracted to her now? probably not, it was fun, interesting, and helped pass the time, but i'm no more attracted to her than i was before the conversation started. the natural reaction is to be polite and continue the conversation until the thread is dissolved.

learning to game women is much more than just telling DHV stories. you cant just tell a girl you are high value. you must show her you are. learn to flirt and use kino, show her you are a sexual being.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well its not that i expect them to be attracted to me or anything like that. i just didnt understand where the inconsistency was coming from. im just looking at it from my own personal perspective, if someone helped me with something at work regardless of who they were and we had a friendly interaction, there is no way i would ignore that person if i saw them later in the hallway or go out of my way to act like i dont see them even though they are standing right in front of me. but clearly im expecting way too much from people. normal honest interaction is clearly asking for too much when everyone has all these stupid walls up. at least i know its not me.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BRIFFAULT’S LAW:

The female, not the male, determines all the conditions of the animal family. Where the female can derive no benefit from association with the male, no such association takes place.

There are a few corollaries I would add:

Past benefit provided by the male does not provide for continued or future association.

Any agreement where the male provides a current benefit in return for a promise of future association is null and void as soon as the male has provided the benefit

A promise of future benefit has limited influence on current/future association, with the influence inversely proportionate to the length of time until the benefit will be given and directly proportionate to the degree to which the female trusts the male

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They're just not interested in you at all. They're being polite and making conversation, probably because you're not picking up on their disinterest and walking away. It happened to me a couple of times and then I learned my lesson and how to pick up signs if she is interested or not.

Now I cut the conversation short if I pick up on enough signals on disinterest.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with Time. Theyre not interested, and dont want you to believe they are. A lot of women are cautious because guys often get the wrong idea if they act too friendly. So, they dont. Youre like an acquaintance to them. Shoot the **** or whatever sometimes during work. But couldnt care less otherwise. This is common amongst work colleagues. Not many are there to make friends.

They could also be stuck up / high class, and deem you not good enough. It doesnt matter the reason. It is what it is.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i feel kinda stupid now. i should have used the brad pitt comparison here, it would have give me the answer right away. would they have acted like that around brad pitt?? no, their eyes would light up and they would flash him a smile.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
foreverAFC said:
i feel kinda stupid now. i should have used the brad pitt comparison here, it would have give me the answer right away. would they have acted like that around brad pitt?? no, their eyes would light up and they would flash him a smile.
until he fixed their computer, then he'd be the wierd IT guy again:D

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RE: Brad Pitt... I wouldnt take it THAT far. If youre not "hot", youre not going to get those kind of reactions. But just because someone's not crazy about you - doesnt mean they arent interested, or wont give you a shot. But certainly, being treated like this is the opposite extreme of having no interest.

But just to add: even if you were "hot", you arent guaranteed anything beyond the initial high interest. If youre quick in escalating, youll also get easy sex. But it pretty much ends there, and they'll treat you the same as they are now once their interest drops. Been there a bunch of times. Going from insanely high interest to nothing in a short amount of time is really ... Blah. Not to say its bad to have someone go crazy-obsessive over you - especially if theyre hot themselves - but that **** can change real fast. Kind of ****s with you, and hits your self-esteem.

The ONLY difference between a "hot" guy and non is sex. And even that can be limited to a ONS. If youre a nice guy chump, youre still going to get used, played, disrespected, ignored, etc. **** those days.

A solid personality, decent conversational skills, some wit and charm, humor and excitement, open sexuality, and game is a MUST if you want more. Looks only get you in the door (albeit easily), and laid (also easily). Its pretty universal. Being "hot" doesnt guarantee ****, and youll still feel like **** for getting rejected in the short-term. Especially if you have all these girls all over you, and you fail with every one. Thats even worse, because its all you. Getting women is a skill - its just easier with good looks.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am IT man too , and sorry to tell you that , but a lot of people look at IT men as a week men without boundaries and they get used without sympathy .
women are not exception , they know these "nerds geeks" have no much success with women , so they try to play on their feelings , to push this nerd to fall in love with them then give him a kick on his ass and enjoy seeing him suffering from love it is really a bad game women play with "nerds" it is game without humanity .
I work in IT environment and I see this happen all the time . the best what you can do keep your self professional and dont respond to any flirt or smile , be the "terminator" who is there to do the job then leave , they will love you more trust me , because you are not kissing any ass , and believe me or not some of the young girls ( <25 ) may fall in love with you . older women have no more feelings to fall in love with any one
be always serious and dont response to the false hopes (smiles ,flirty looks ) that they give it to you to give you false indication , they are just playing you .
in my openion
average IT male has 10% sexosocial skills than what average woman have
he cant even notice the games she is playing on him

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
evan12 said:
I am IT man too , and sorry to tell you that , but a lot of people look at IT men as a week men without boundaries and they get used without sympathy .
women are not exception , they know these "nerds geeks" have no much success with women , so they try to play on their feelings , to push this nerd to fall in love with them then give him a kick on his ass and enjoy seeing him suffering from love it is really a bad game women play with "nerds" it is game without humanity .
i used to work in construction before, so working around attractive women all day is kind of new. i didnt realize grown women would be playing games like this all day long for no reason at all. its shocking to be honest. i think most of it is them just looking for an ego boost. they want to know you want them, but that doesnt mean they want to be approached.

evan12 said:
I work in IT environment and I see this happen all the time . the best what you can do keep your self professional and dont respond to any flirt or smile , be the "terminator" who is there to do the job then leave
yup, unfortunately this is what its come down to. ive grown to ignore the fake IOI's cause i know the next time i see them they will just completely ignore me. i just really hate all the weird and negative vibes that results from it. its bothering me less and less though as i get a better understanding of things.