Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do women prefer TALLER men?

Bubzeebub

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's the deal with THAT? Some women don't like very muscular guys. Most women don't like really heavy guys. However, almost all women say they want a taller guy. Just have a look at MYSTERY WOMAN's post on here (and I'm not just singling her out..it's a common desire among women). I want some opinions on the subject !!

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How would you feel if the person who was supposed to be "stronger" than you and protect you was shorter than you?

If you are short, then you just have to find the short women. (Or you can do what alot of short guys do and overcompensate for your inferiority by building up your muscles...j/k :) )

Bubzeebub

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who said HEIGHT had anything to do with protection? I've yet to find height to be any direct indicator of strength. Definitely none to warrant such a mass desire of women for a tall man. If the illusion of strength is such a turn on then, a insanely muscular physique would be the lust of all women. This just isn't the case since many women (minus the ones that are into fitness) are not attracted to the extreme bodybuilder type.
I'm not buying that argument....

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't have anything to do with strength, but people think that it does. Listen, if some 5 foot guy was trying to mess with me, I look down and laugh. If some 7 foot guy was doing the same thing, I would NOT be laughing. By virtue of me being tall (six-four or so) nobody EVER tried to mess with me, even though I was always week and a little skinny.

Anyway, I am not even certain that it is strength or whatever. All I know is that I probably would not want a girl that is taller than me. Yuk!

Dude, if you are short, that is fine. Many people that I know (almost all) that are short, go through hot women all of the time.

Women may SAY they like a tall guy, but go through them to see if they actually stand by thier word. Who cares about the ones that don't go for you because you are short, find one that doesn't care. They are out there.

Bubzeebub

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm actually 6' , so although I'm no Yao Ming, I'm definitely not what most women would consider "short."

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evolution theorists suggest that taller men were better hunters and were less likely to get attacked by other men.
Not all women care about tall men, but I have yet to meet one who have admitted to prefering smaller men. Rod Stewart is short and has a tall model girlfriend (even she has complained about he's height, but still want to marry him). I think if a guy has a lot of money he can be short and get models.

I don't care about muscles but some women dig it. I have a preference for men with feminine features.

Bubzeebub

Don Juan
Reaction score
Evolutionary theory....Charles Darwin..blah blah blah.

I think it's discriminatory. But...in the same breath....men don't want a fat chick either. So, I guess it works both ways.

I know one thing...if a woman weighs as much as I do...I'm lookin' the other way.

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bubzeebub

I know one thing...if a woman weighs as much as I do...I'm lookin' the other way. [/B]
Guess you ain't good looking then:D

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
B-bub, youre tall enough, what ya worrying about? When they say "tall" they don't mean like 8-foot-7, they mean about 6 foot to 6-foot-6 I think.

Besides, it is just what they SAY, but attraction, etc. is not conciously controlled, so they don't really even KNOW!

Some girls (uptight, slightly bitchy ones) will conciously override thier attraction to a shorter guy, but who wants those ones anyway?

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it doesn't matter whether a taller guy is actually more protective, stronger, etc. It's more about perception. It's what a person believes, and they're certainly entitled to whatever they want to believe.

I personally think that the fact that shorter guys are just short tend to project weakness (not that they may not actually be strong). It's even worse when shorter guys bulk up too much, because then they look stubby too. At least skinnier ones give off an image that they're at least lankier, which projects a taller stature. Just my 2 cents.

Sojourner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quite a few (not all) short men are self conscious when they're with women taller than they are. Females want to date men with confidence and tall men are perceived to be more confident than short males.

Jango_Xavier

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A kiwi in a very bad disguise of a dutchman :P
The reason why then go for taller men

If you have ever had biologie you would have known this answer by now its got to do with evolution.
Women go for taller guys is because subconsiously evoltion taught women if he's taller he can protect me and my kind but its more about the kids.
The weird thing is women arent actually aware of this even if they dont want kids.
Here's would you should try if she doesn't really want to talk if your short make it like she's in the wrong position she'll say something like"Idon't really talk to shorter guys" you say "you should be happy I basicly never talk to taller women"
Thats all the advice I can give but try it sometime you'll be pleasently surprise that this actually works.:D :D :D :D :D

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't say taller men are more confident on the whole. Ever heard of the saying you can't ignore a short guy, they often have more flamboyant characters to get noticed.

ulsterman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can anyone explain why I like girls the same height as me? I certainly would not, however, want a girl taller than me, although I recall seeing a real beauty once towering over a shorter, very plain boyfriend.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bubzeebub
I'm actually 6' , so although I'm no Yao Ming, I'm definitely not what most women would consider "short."

I am 6' also which I noticed is still taller than 80% of all other males. SO, Why the hell are you complaining.

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
East Middle North America, near the water.
To women, taller unconsciously translates to more protection from lions, unfortunately for us shorter guys... it's a fact and we just gotta live with that.

I'm 5'8" and I've never had a problem standing up to guys over 6 feet. It's not a guys height that makes me back down... it's the look in a guy's eyes - even if he's shorter than me - that says he's not afraid to be seriously injured that makes me reconsider about phucking with him.

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, well what's short anyway? I didn't think 6' was short, I'm 6' 3" myself.

I think the average height for a male is 5' 11".

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm 6'1" and have a lot of muscles....girls seem to really to like my body and are always saying my arms look so nice. So i do think girls are attracted to guys that are in shape and tall. The reason why i started to lift weights was for track, and to kick guys asses.

I just grew like a weed without trying to hard, so i got hooked into working out. To tell you the truth, lift for yourself, not for the ladies, because if you lift for the ladies it looks like you are trying to hard to impress them. When i go to the gym, i go to lift, not to talk to women. Sure if they are around me i will say something, but i normally dont try and pick up girls in this place.

PiNkMaGGiT

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I'm nearly 6 foot, haven't measured myself though so I can't be sure. I think it is good to be around this height, because you aren't short by anybody's definition but you're not really tall either. I've heard some ladies say they are slightly intimidated by tall men. I'm only 17, turn 18 in a few months, what are the odds of me getting any taller? I'm thinkin they aren't very huge.