why do women like dark features?

Brian Griffin

Banned
Reaction score
I myself have blonde hair and blue eyes, and most girls consider me "cute", which is fine.. but I notice a lot of my female friends talk about how they want a guy who has dark thick hair and dark eyes. And these guys are always considered handsome, not cute. Now I know girls are different, but I notice the majority love the dark hair/dark eye look. Is this a James Bond thing or what? lol

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does tall, dark and handsome ring a bell?

it's just the psychology/stereotypes of hair color. Redheads are crazy, blonds are bombshells/fun, and darkheads...well you can take them more seriously and they are classier. but to each their own...

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Beats me but your right .Its probably all in the jeans. Maybe on some subconscious level it pursuays most chicks more than blondies or blood nuts?.(game exluding)

Brown trumps blue and all that genetic sh!t.

But really I'd take a guess that the dark hair/dark eye thing just looks better on a man accentuating and highlighting his sharper/masculine features more so. Did I need the "I'm not gay but" disclaimer for that here?. Fvck yous

nvictor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't confuse mystery with dark feature.

I think it's mystery that attracts girl not really the "Dark Feature".
They would be attracted to Dracula if he doesn't reveal his identity :D

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls always seem to go nuts over my eyes cuz their light (green) and I have dark brown hair. So I dont think dark eyes should be included in that. Dark features with light eyes is prob more attractive to girls than dark hair and dark eyes. Tho every girl is diff.

Mr_knowit_all

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
While there are plenty of girls who go crazy for a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes, it's true that the majority of women prefer darker features.

As the previous poster stated, I think the combination of dark hair and light eyes is very attractive to most of the female species. (And I'm not just saying that because I have dark hair and blue eyes lol)

LegendBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Come to Australia most surfy chicks date exclusively blonde males. Rarely do you see them with non australians...

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless you are ghostly white, blonde guys will do fine, no matter what the majority of women like. Atleast they don't have it as bad as red heads.
That must suck bigtime to be a redhead! Don't know any redhead guys who have big success with girls.

persiangino

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole dark features concept also concerns the eyes and skin not only hair.

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
they like tyson beckford. . dark trully deeply means tyrese and tyson beckford kind guys. isnt that it?.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just guessing that dark is easier on the eyes.

tr0ublemaker

Don Juan
Reaction score
PlasticSurgeon said:
^^ that guy is considered attractive? uhhh.. i dunno man.
donno i googled tall dark and handsome and he popped up

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There have actually been a lot of scientific studies done on this, actually. Men tend to prefer paler, blonder women and women tend to prefer darker men. If you think about the fact that most blonds tend to turn into brunets as they get older, you can understand why youth is associated with fairness and the other way round. And since fairness/youth is attractive for women, you can see how the opposite is true for men.

But hey, I really dig blond guys. I'm not a big fan of the hairy Mediterranean look.

CactusMcDougal

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people simply cannot get tanned; I am an example of one of those people.
I was always outside as a child, and I got sunburned a lot. I did not get tanned in the least. In fact, now I am a lot like the guy from the movie Powder except with quite a few freckles. If I'm in direct sunlight, the backs of my arms are almost transparent.

Also, I'm not an advocate of tanning beds or spray-on tanning. For people with the right genetics, tannning beds work. Spray-on tans look completely fake; you end up orange. As for me, I'm stuck being very pale and pasty looking.