Why do women get fat?

nonstop

Don Juan
Reaction score
Please can someone tell me why they get fat?

isn't a woman getting fat the same as a man cutting off his balls?

I wouldn't go anywhere near a fat woman, yet I see so many!

women are supposed to be sexy, sexual creatures and there's nothing less sexy than a fat bird. So why do they do it??

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRelic
Lazy b*tches!

All there is to it...
Thats why anyone gets fat. Its not like there arent fat dudes walking around.

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They get fat because they eat too much junk food or simply eat too much. They eat chips, fries, sweets, drink beer, and so on. All these make u fat in no time. Oh, and they also tend to eat at night, which is more fattening than eating earlier in the day.

If only they would compensate with regular exercise, but they sadly don't...hence the continuous expansion of the fat tissues...

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of it is biology, but alot of it is pure laziness.

Most of the women i know tend to eat alot of sweets, and sh!t... they eat alot more than i do, and their bodies need alot less calories so it all goes to their ass.

I adore a woman who keeps herself in shape. It shows discipline and self-control. That's sexy.

A girl that starts putting on weight, and knows it...AND does nothing to change it losing all my respect.

Of course, as someone already mentioned, the fatties still get guys. Just not THIS guy:p

nonstop

Don Juan
Reaction score
So... women eat more than men
and women need less food then men

and so they get fat

but what's making them eat so much?

and don't they realise that when their putting on the pounds they should stop.

I guess they get depressed and eat more......

will it always be like this?

will things get worse or better?

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ever hear of the term "comfort food" ?

Many women find comfort in eating certain things, when they've had a rough day. They are so emotional by nature (not a broad generalization, just a fact about many girls) that they turn to that tub of ice cream, or the cheese cake or what have you as a source of stress relief.

Also, I'm a firm believer that women on a whole are much more attuned to certain senses, espceially their sense of tase and smell... We guys for the most part don't get enarly as much pleasure from eating as they do.

Couple that with the fact that there is such an abundance of really tasy and equally unhealthy food available everywhere you look, and we get girls that are getting bigger and bigger.

Obeseity is an epidemic, for both men and women..... It's just alot easier for girls to fall into the trap, it seems.

Another thought is that, as men, we want to be the biggest and the strongest we can be so we take the necessary steps to ensure that we bulk up and get muscular. Every extra pound of muscle you put on will burn 50 extra calories a day.

Women aren't so inclined to get muscular because they want a feminine physic... and we like them, that way.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
One of my sisters is very overweight. She didn't used to be. She was a tiny bit chubby when she got married, though. Her husband started to nag at her non stop about losing weight. The more he nagged, the more she gained.

I've seen men make their wives weight problems a lot worse by nagging and complaining so many times. Women who gain weight are much like alcoholics or addicts. The more people make them feel guilty for being overweight the more they will eat because it makes them feel better.

If you gind yourself with a woman who is gaining weight...DON'T make her feel bad or guilty, that will make her gain more weight...get her doing things that will help her get in shape instead.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire

If you gind yourself with a woman who is gaining weight...DON'T make her feel bad or guilty, that will make her gain more weight...get her doing things that will help her get in shape instead.
making her do things that will get her in shape is basically letting her know she is guilty! a woman that lets herself go and turns into a pig is guilty! women are beautiful creatures that should respect their bodies. A woman that goes from skinny to fat is a woman that has no self respect, no different than a woman that does drugs or is an alcoholic. It is still no self respect.

You need tough love in a situation like this.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe The Homophobe
making her do things that will get her in shape is basically letting her know she is guilty! a woman that lets herself go and turns into a pig is guilty! women are beautiful creatures that should respect their bodies. A woman that goes from skinny to fat is a woman that has no self respect, no different than a woman that does drugs or is an alcoholic. It is still no self respect.

You need tough love in a situation like this.
Nagging, biotching and saying mean, hurtful things only make the situation worse. That's how it works with alcoholics, addicts, smokers, compulsive gamblers and overeaters.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Or you could just walk away, let her wallow in her own pit of stagnation of weight gain.

This goes to anyone actually, if your significant other is turning into a fat slob, just walk away if you dont like it.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One word.......babies

My two sister in laws popped out a kid about a year ago and their mid-areas just plain BLEW UP.....HOLY F it was mind-boggling to see the before and after. I don't know the specifics whether it was diet, lack of exercise, or just a baby passing through the pelvis but something went horribly wrong.

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have experience with what Wyldfire says. In fact, the weight issues are practically the 3rd (electrical) rail of marriage. It is basically impossible to handle the situation right; if she starts to gain serious weight (and I mean more than 15-20 lbs. overweight) you are basically doomed unless she suddenly gets up and decides to lose it.

My ex-wife once explained to me that my error was in trying to get her into a "no pain, no gain" mentality. What I should have done was encouraged, coaxed, etc., she said. That may be true, and Iwish I'd tried it, but on the other hand, the idea that someone NEEDS to be treated like a child to do something they should already be doing is mind boggling.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by JohnJones
I have experience with what Wyldfire says. In fact, the weight issues are practically the 3rd (electrical) rail of marriage. It is basically impossible to handle the situation right; if she starts to gain serious weight (and I mean more than 15-20 lbs. overweight) you are basically doomed unless she suddenly gets up and decides to lose it.

My ex-wife once explained to me that my error was in trying to get her into a "no pain, no gain" mentality. What I should have done was encouraged, coaxed, etc., she said. That may be true, and Iwish I'd tried it, but on the other hand, the idea that someone NEEDS to be treated like a child to do something they should already be doing is mind boggling.
It's really no different than any other addictive behavior...alcoholism, drug addiction, compulsive gambling or sex addiction. It all works the same way. The more pressure and guilt you put upon the person, the worse their problem gets. Most women who get big after they get married are depressed, too. Personally, I find that very telling about marriage today. For whatever reason, there are a lot of women who are very unhappy with marriage. A happy woman doesn't turn into a beached whale. You've got to treat weight gain just like you do any other compulsive/addictive illness IF you hope to improve the situation. It might also be helpful to look at why so many women are unhappy in their marriages because, again...a happy woman won't get fat.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i could never understand that. My mother was in the same positon, since she was a kid. Everybody in the family and school used to tease her about it. And the more they teased her the more she ate..... I remember feeling ashamed :( of her as a kid.

But anyway. I learned to accept her as she is. She is my mother and I love her. She is probably the best woman I'll ever meet. HOWEVER, I don't think I could except it from a g/f. after all you got to sleep with the beast:p.

The bottom line; it's true, the more they are told that they have a problem, the more you push them to loose weight, the more they eat and get fat.... One way to get them back to health is to ephasize your own. Keep saying that YOU got to loose waight, and ask them to come with you for walks and to the gym.....

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fat people who sit on their fat asses and let it happen are like that for one reason:

THEY ARE WEAK HUMAN BEINGS.

Yes, they are weak. I don't care how many people make you feel "guilty." GODDAM IF YOU FEEL GUILTY YOU DON'T DO THAT BAD SHIET ANYMORE. LIKE IF YOU FEEL GUILTY FOR STEALING YOU DO NOT STEAL ANYMORE. WHY THE FUK WOULD YOU KEEP EATING!!?!?

So no it is not the problem of others, or peer pressure, or McDonald's. It's your own fat ass who keeps stuffing your fat face with crap and more crap AND THAT'S WHY YOU LOOK LIKE CRAP.

Not an attack on women or anything, I mean don't get defensive just because I called some people you know weak. You know it's true. But hey if they come with youand are willing, more power to them.

"STRENGTH OF THE BODY IMPROVES STRENGTH OF THE MIND."

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by AFK Protector
Fat people who sit on their fat asses and let it happen are like that for one reason:

THEY ARE WEAK HUMAN BEINGS.

Yes, they are weak. I don't care how many people make you feel "guilty." GODDAM IF YOU FEEL GUILTY YOU DON'T DO THAT BAD SHIET ANYMORE. LIKE IF YOU FEEL GUILTY FOR STEALING YOU DO NOT STEAL ANYMORE. WHY THE FUK WOULD YOU KEEP EATING!!?!?

So no it is not the problem of others, or peer pressure, or McDonald's. It's your own fat ass who keeps stuffing your fat face with crap and more crap AND THAT'S WHY YOU LOOK LIKE CRAP.

Not an attack on women or anything, I mean don't get defensive just because I called some people you know weak. You know it's true. But hey if they come with youand are willing, more power to them.

"STRENGTH OF THE BODY IMPROVES STRENGTH OF THE MIND."
When you get married your wife is going to become bigger than a hippo...mark my word.