Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

why do people take supplements?

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont understand why all these people at my gym spend endless money on these so called magic supplements. Do they really work?

The only thing i take is protein powder and lots of healthy real foods.

Do any of you take any supplements? Do you think maybe instead of being against them i should start testing them out? I have always been completely natural and have gotten great results.

I'm currently working out chest with 275 pounds 5 sets of 4 reps. Weight 190, height 6'1, bf not sure but i can see abs and veins.

So supplement users why do you take the supplements and have you seen real results?

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think anyone benching 275, 5 sets, for 4 reps each, in good form, doesn't already know their stuff about supplements.

Pics, or stfu.

Griffith

Don Juan
Reaction score
I consider protein powder to be a supplement -- I also use creatine and multivitamins. Most people supplement to make up for the lack of a healthy diet.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-I use whey protein for convenience (shake as soon as I wake up, shake post workout).
-Multivitamin
-Creatine (If i'm cutting)
-Flaxeed Oil (EFA's)

Everything else comes from food.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Griffith
Most people supplement to make up for the lack of a healthy diet.

Um. That's why it's called a supplement to begin with. You know.. to complete what is otherwise lacking?

sup·ple·ment
1. Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole.

I probably take too much whey but whatever. I have a scoop with every meal and 2 to 2.5 right after working out. I have meat every meal too so maybe about 35-40% of my protein comes from whey. I might be wrong but i figure mixing my whey with a full meal would slow its absorption.

Reaction score
I only use why protein and ZMA (used to make up for zinc defficiency). Most of the supplements that you see are useless. Just stick to the basics.

Cougar10033

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used protein powder, glutamine, fishoil, green tea, a multi vitamine, sesathin, diesel test and raw test. The only 2 supplements that add something extra are the diesel test and raw test. Everything else i take is to help me grow, stay healthy and recover from workouts. When i take diesel test and raw test my strength and endurance goes up quiet a bit.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get results quicker.
Depends how crazy you are for getting results "overnight".

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Protein powder is a suppliment. Why do you take that? Answer: It makes gaining mass easier.

I dont think anyone benching 275, 5 sets, for 4 reps each, in good form, doesn't already know their stuff about supplements.

Pics, or stfu.
I second that. Your bench is amazing for your weight, if it's true.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Create Reality
LOL, my old highschool principal(I went back at 20 to upgrade) was a five time heavy weight champion weightlifter...:D

Our weight room is one of those old school sweat rooms. One big window for air to get out, no circulation, everybody in there was all natural... nobody ever mentioned a word in the showers, while pumping, or while doing cardio on the next side about supplements or anything even mnore extreme. That was like 6 ideas in one, but I hope you get my drift!

I benched 285 4 sets of 4 after 3 months of training(6'0 190 when I started, fasted for two weeks eating only rice and drinking water:D so I entered the competition at 172). Back in the day I was a regular lifter, I've fallen back since than, adding fuel to my sex machine(beer belly). I've gained a few tires, and lost a few gears, I've atrophied since...

Legend definitely has the possibility of achieving this range of strength. I know I was there and beyond with still having the energy at 172... So he could do better!

190 is middle weight isn't it? I can't remember, I fried my brain since than... So he's competing with guys who do have the required nutrients in the food they eat.

He's asking why do you take the supplements and have you seen real results?

For me, I used to eat a full meal, until my stomach was ready to burst, than let it flush naturally. I'd fast every so often, coffee to trick my mind past quitting due to pain, and focusing on the steady burn instead. Lots of meat, and fish, raw mostly(eskimo, gotta love me) to conserve essential oils. LOTS AND LOTS of WATER!!!! I walked everywhere, and ran when I had to, biked, and hiked on a regular basis. I never even picked up a bottle of supplement to check the ingredients.

I've seen results from focusing on specific muscle groups, and training complementing and antagonist muscle groups. Overstressing my body with the essential nutrients was my key, I wasn't lacking anything, if you've got beef with my method, I was overfeeding myself.

Find your zone, ignore your body telling you the weight is heavy, make sure you have a good ciculation system in your body so you can feelslight changes in your physique while lifting. These three points were what my teacher had taught me, it allowed me to focus on proper form, and to followthrough safely with every movement, and know through subtle concious knowledge what my max rep was up to 10.

Only problem is... it got boring, my mind now pushed the knowledge intop the recesses of my mind, and I am again a "sloth"

I hate my life guys:)

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'8" 180lbs - I take:

250mg Testosterone Enanthate per week (HRT)

Daily AM:

31g Protein Bar
25mcg T3
ECA stack
1 multivitamin
400iu vitamin E
2000mg vitamin C
400mcg Chromium Picolinate
1 B-complex

Noon:

ECA stack
31g Protein Bar

PM:
1 multivitamin
400iu vitamin E
2000mg vitamin C
30g Protein Bar

Keep in mind I'm 32 and don't have the same naturally elevated testosterone and HGH levels going through my system like you guys ages 15-25.

I look iight. I wouldn't be as ripped if I didn't take the supplements that I take.

Pic:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/j_kerouac/detail?.dir=5e71&.dnm=512fre2.jpg&.src=ph

Cheers!

Eric

EDIT: Link Corrected

Last edited:

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking good Eric. What breakdown of ECA do you use? I'm currently trying 25/200/325 x2 but I've heard less (or no) aspirin works just as well. Great results so far (7 lbs in two weeks), but I got a short bloody nose yesterday that kind of concerned me. Coincidently I had a doctors appointment today, and she said I should be fine if I cut the aspirin out for a few days, but I'm wondering if I should make other changes.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aspirin shouldn't be necessary shiftkey...

keep in mind, the old ephedra stacks were for morbidly obese people, and since ephedra and caffeine are stimulants, if you take a fat person and don't thin their blood (aspirin) their chance of a heart attack goes way up.

ER!C L!VE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftkey
What breakdown of ECA do you use? I'm currently trying 25/200/325 x2 but I got a short bloody nose yesterday that kind of concerned me.
I use the same, except I drink 3x2-liter bottles of diet soda per day for the caffeine.

I don't get bloody noses, however I do have very dry nostrils and get clots of blood mixed with snot when I blow my nose. To me, it's just one minor con versus all the pros of using ECA.

AgonyUncle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ER!C L!VE
I'm 5'8" 180lbs - I take:

250mg Testosterone Enanthate per week (HRT)

Daily AM:

31g Protein Bar
25mcg T3
ECA stack
1 multivitamin
400iu vitamin E
2000mg vitamin C
1 B-complex

Noon:

ECA stack
31g Protein Bar

PM:
1 multivitamin
400iu vitamin E
2000mg vitamin C
30g Protein Bar

Keep in mind I'm 32 and don't have the same naturally elevated testosterone and HGH levels going through my system like you guys ages 15-25.

I look iight. I wouldn't be as ripped if I didn't take the supplements that I take.

Pic:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/j_kerouac/detail?.dir=5e71&.dnm=512fre2.jpg&.src=ph

Cheers!

Eric

EDIT: Link Corrected
Dude, all due respect, but Test ethanate is hardly a supplement :D :D :D

Supplements have their place.

Whey and meal replacements are not a maybe, they are a must. You just cannot consume the amount of protein required if you lead a busy lifetsyle.

Creatine does lead to strength increases, and does help with glycogen replacement. Its a great performance enhancer. Its a worthwhile supplement.

Some thermogenics do assist in providing energy. The fat burning effect is from a rise in body temp, but its not monumental. Probably an increase of 10% or so.

Multivitamins, fats, oils. Thats also worthwhile if its lacking in diet

Warlord

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
People take supplements because they believe they can get even better than where they are. If it works and they want to spend the money, fine.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
275 for 4 is a good bench? :confused:

Eric, having seen your picture I got hungry and had to have a second breakfast.

Supplements: multivitamin/mineral, EFAs, antioxidants; everything else (and I do mean everything) can wait until you're getting your protein and calories in.

When you're thinking about a weight gainer/cell volumiser/whatever check the price and think how many eggs/lbs of meat you can buy with the money instead - which is going to be more beneficial in the long run?

Hell, if you want a good pump, just take sea salt before a workout and drink a shedload of water between sets.

(The exception would be people with actual deficiencies or older guys as above, who would include ZMA/test as part of their 'basics' list)

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
275 for 4 is a good bench? :confused:

For a guy who's 6'1"/190lbs, yea I'd think so.

But I'm no bodybuilder, so I don't have much of a "benchmark" to compair it to.