Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do I have such a FU**ING weird body?!

michaelhctam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys! I rarely post here (been busy with school and relationships and all), but I keep noticing how my body is so weird!

1. I am 18 years old.
2. I am 6'2 and 281 pounds.
3. I have a BMI of 34-35% OBESE (I know, I know)
5. I have a large frame, for e.g. Whenever I compare my wrist watch circumfrence to all my friends mine is always has the largest circumfrence (and I know it's bone, because my wrist is rock-hard).

I did some web surfing and I may be a fat mesomorph? Because my life situation at the moment is quite sedentary (student during exam period)....

I can run on a treadmill 5mph for 8 mins strait without becoming EXTREMELY tired like other obese people in the same BMI and weight range as I do (and I consider that quite impressive for a person with my stats....right? (0_o)...)

When I wear clothes and stand up really strait and have a good posture I look really good! Because I have a broad shoulders and is tall.

Now the problem is- most of my body fat is accumulated around my torso, like around my stomuch and chest and it is really flabby around these areas, buy my legs and thighs are comparativlely lean.

I get a good amount of interest from girls and I am a naturally very confident person but I eventually shy away from my pursuit because I have a low self-image and start thinking, "She wont like me, i'm fat....."

I am not hideously ugly at least....

I guess from the picture you can tell I am quite fat person, yes?

p.s. Sorry about the English.....:D

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you asking for help or is this a pity post?

Enryu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doctor.
We cant help you all you got to do is go to a doctor and ask him.

mutambo

Don Juan
Reaction score
It has been 6 months since the other post. So either your not trying to lose weight or you just think this is a dating forum.

jon3947

Don Juan
Reaction score
start a running program, it will help you lose weight and help you look and feel better, i understand that you cant run yet, but start out walking and hiring a trainer, then move on to further and faster runs

Triple T

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jon3947 said:
start a running program, it will help you lose weight and help you look and feel better, i understand that you cant run yet, but start out walking and hiring a trainer, then move on to further and faster runs
I agree, start doing some cardio but most of all start eating CLEAN!
That means no more fast food, soda pop, chips etc. etc.

Trust me I've cut that crap out for at least a year now and it feel GREAT!
You'll wonder why you even bothered to try that stuff.

But keep in mind this will be a very slow process...you'll have to be dedicated to your goals. No SLACKING!
Just try out a routine/diet for 21 days. It takes 21 days to make or break a habit. (At least thats what I was told...and so far its worked :D)

I haven't come across a weight-loss routine so I can't help you there. But I'd suggest that you start lifting some weights too...the more muscle you get the more it'll stretch that skin of yours making you appear less chubby. And besides, after you lose that coat of yours your going to want to show off something. haha

Well good luck! :up:

btw...You don't look 281lbs in the pics. More like 250lbs or so if you ask me.
thats a good thing, means that you got muscle underneath as well! :D

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
michaelhctam said:
Hey guys! I rarely post here (been busy with school and relationships and all), but I keep noticing how my body is so weird!

1. I am 18 years old.
2. I am 6'2 and 281 pounds.
3. I have a BMI of 34-35% OBESE (I know, I know)
5. I have a large frame, for e.g. Whenever I compare my wrist watch circumfrence to all my friends mine is always has the largest circumfrence (and I know it's bone, because my wrist is rock-hard).

I did some web surfing and I may be a fat mesomorph? Because my life situation at the moment is quite sedentary (student during exam period)....

I can run on a treadmill 5mph for 8 mins strait without becoming EXTREMELY tired like other obese people in the same BMI and weight range as I do (and I consider that quite impressive for a person with my stats....right? (0_o)...)

When I wear clothes and stand up really strait and have a good posture I look really good! Because I have a broad shoulders and is tall.

Now the problem is- most of my body fat is accumulated around my torso, like around my stomuch and chest and it is really flabby around these areas, buy my legs and thighs are comparativlely lean.

I get a good amount of interest from girls and I am a naturally very confident person but I eventually shy away from my pursuit because I have a low self-image and start thinking, "She wont like me, i'm fat....."

I am not hideously ugly at least....

I guess from the picture you can tell I am quite fat person, yes?

p.s. Sorry about the English.....:D
I just had a good laugh :crackup: :crackup:

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so can we expect another post 6 months from now saying essentially the same things? cuz i'll pop the popcorn -- this show is BRILLIANT!

michaelhctam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:
so can we expect another post 6 months from now saying essentially the same things? cuz i'll pop the popcorn -- this show is BRILLIANT!
Lol, I did mention that I am in examination time, so at the mean time I am concentrating on my studies instead of my weight-loss.

It's not very nice to talk to people that way.

Anyways, good luck on anything dude.

michaelhctam

Don Juan
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
I just had a good laugh :crackup: :crackup:
Why? What's so funny?

michaelhctam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Triple T said:
I agree, start doing some cardio but most of all start eating CLEAN!
That means no more fast food, soda pop, chips etc. etc.

Trust me I've cut that crap out for at least a year now and it feel GREAT!
You'll wonder why you even bothered to try that stuff.

But keep in mind this will be a very slow process...you'll have to be dedicated to your goals. No SLACKING!
Just try out a routine/diet for 21 days. It takes 21 days to make or break a habit. (At least thats what I was told...and so far its worked :D)

I haven't come across a weight-loss routine so I can't help you there. But I'd suggest that you start lifting some weights too...the more muscle you get the more it'll stretch that skin of yours making you appear less chubby. And besides, after you lose that coat of yours your going to want to show off something. haha

Well good luck! :up:

btw...You don't look 281lbs in the pics. More like 250lbs or so if you ask me.
thats a good thing, means that you got muscle underneath as well! :D
Thanks for the advice- I havent had much time lately to be hitting the gym due to examiniations and the fact that I am still in boarding school (so that limits alot of my freedoms). It's cricket season in school right now (and I don't like Cricket very much) so I have to find an alternative sport to do, maybe swimming or squash. Also the cafeteria food they serve up dosent really do me justice, we get served 3 times a day at fixed times so I cant eat small portions many times a day to keep my metabolism going- the main course portions are quite small so I usually stack up on high-carb things such as pasta or bread to keep me from being hungry an hour later. But when I go back home for the holidays I run on my treadmill for about 1 hour everday alternating between 3.5mph brisk walking on an incline or 5mph light-jogging.

I guess most of that muscle is attributed to either playing as a prop in rugby and/or just lugging my weight around these past couple of years! :D

6 months ago when I made that other thread I have started to eat more organic foods and cut my consumptions of junk-foods and high-glucose drinks. I use to be 287 pounds but I guess I lost 6 pounds by just eating right- that is quite good considering I have lost 6 pounds in 6 months without much exercise.

Now my basic question to you all- is how to keep my motivation strong? I have the will, I have short bursts of, "I have to lose this weight now!" but after about 3-4 weeks that sort of motivation starts to fizzle out. And during that time-frame it's not enough to loose the intended 40-50 pounds.

I have started to implement a more healthier eating style into my life and as this poster has said here, "It's a slow process".

I hope most of the reader's here have a better understanding of my situation because I believe now many people went through the same as me, "Fat kid in Boarding School with no flex time during examination time".

Thank you for patiently reading my post's, and I hope I can clear some misunderstandings with some members on this forum! :D

Paper Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
michaelhctam said:
Thanks for the advice- I havent had much time lately to be hitting the gym due to examiniations and the fact that I am still in boarding school (so that limits alot of my freedoms).
Sorry, but that's lame. You don't even have to go to the gym (although it could be more effective); run on the streets, do pushups, look into bodyweight exercises. Cut computer time 20m a day and exercise.

michaelhctam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to get things strait:

I am not trying to lose weight because I feel jealous of other well-bodied guys. Not because I believe it will help me get chicks (as I already have enough confidence and I have no trouble getting girls).

But because I am genuinly concerned about my health- the majority of my body fat is situated in my upper-body in proximity to my major organs and it could spell diaster in the long run: Heat disease, diabetes, etc etc.

It's not that I am not a motivated person, my motivations at the moment are to get the best grades possible to secure a better academic future for myself and to expand my social circles which will result in me exhausting more of my time in my studies and social endevours.

I just want to have the right mind-set. I want to understand how some of you guys got the thought of, "I want to lose weight", then keep that thought and see it realise.

I know the answer is to, "eat less, exercise more"- but what about the mentality of the people doing it? What went through your mind in the beggining stages of losing weight?

Where do I begin? Where can I start besides cutting out junk-food?

Evidently- the only area in my life where I fail at.....is losing weight.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Triple T

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Too many excuses man.
If you were serious about losing that weight then you'd be able to manage your time so that you have about an hour or so a DAY to workout.

Look at what you do all day and see how you can squeeze in some gym time. Even just working out at home with some free weights or a brisk walk is a good start. You have to do something...

Just find some time in your life to workout. Prioritize your goals. School comes first, then workout, then everything else. Working out doesn't take much of your day anyways.

Good luck...I hope to see a workout/diet journal up from you soon. :up:

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shamrock said:
Dressing like you are in this picture doesn't help.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/miketam/n199701406_35499749_2480.jpg

BTW: Is that your sister in those shorts? Can I get her email addy?
I ..um ..... need to ask her opinion on sonething. :)
Well i dont see anything wrong with his dressing, with the right body it'd look damn nice :) and yea his sis is mmmmm okay but meh seen better :)

Now back to the point, Stop wasting time here on this forum and get busy with your life, waske up at 5 am and bed at 11 pm no excuses.

No more tv, video games or food that your folks cook. No more food that you can buy and eat right out of the packet or drink out of a can or bottle.

Set yourself up a diet with pure lean meats and veges and eat at least 5-8 times a day, read up warboss's posts about losing fat and join a gym.
After 6 months start doing some sort of MMA or start doing muay thai.

Do early morning cardio and evening weights before going home.
Getting too scientific about what type of body you have is pointless and will just make you think the wrong thing.

Forget getting the girls until you have stopped eating the junk and watching tv and playing video games.

Also don't over study passing is all that matters in the real world. A+'s may get you good grades but getting C's and a tonne of life experience will get you better paying jobs, so end of day experience matters not grades at school. (Trust me I'm an accountant and being able to do the job right was low on the interveiw and having alot of life and work experience was high)

The rest is up to you goodluck :)

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
typical said:
Also don't over study passing is all that matters in the real world. A+'s may get you good grades but getting C's and a tonne of life experience will get you better paying jobs, so end of day experience matters not grades at school.
depends on where you're headed afterwards. (some) grad schools care quite a bit about your grades. but it really depends on what you want to do.