Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why are you younger guys always texting?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems most of you younger guys are totally abandoned to texting as a major form of communication. I think it's hurting you a lot more than it's helping.

Women LOVE to interpret. With every sentence you type, she will come up with an interpretation based on her emotions and her own definition of words, which are often drastically different than your own.

Judging by the many posts about texting on the forum and also by my experience with online dating sites, texting is an extremely high-risk form of communication and is fraught with the potential for miscommunication.

I've put an almost complete stop to text communications. Now that I think of it, texting has a weak, female tinge to it. A true man approaches and takes care of business directly, not passively through written words.

Thoughts?

SickAgain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry I don't agree. Simply because if its a modern form of communication. No need to neglect technology that is convenient and succinct. A combination of texting and phone calls gets the job done I believe. But every man operates differently.

E

Energizer

I only send quick texts here and there, but I wouldn't do most of my communication through text, but each to their own.

Recon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to use a mix of the two, but i know guys that are always using text conversations.

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Text conversations annoy me. Quick info updates or checking up on status/location is fine, but whole spiels of text are very annoying. Equally, they can be misread very badly, (see my thread on realising I'm an *******)

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, get a life. Women and children love the novelty of texting and facebook crap; to paraphrase Anti-Dump:

"Real men are out climbing mountains and swimming across rivers; what are you doing, playing with a phone and updating your 'status' on a attention-whoring website?"

Establish your unique independence and leadership qualities by NOT texting and NOT having a Facebook.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that is a deathtrap for us,txting,e-mail,facebook,etc..all that ****.Thing is alot of women this is the main form of communication now and not talking over the phone.

I txt occasionally.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Unbridled_Phoenix said:
Guys, get a life. Women and children love the novelty of texting and facebook crap; to paraphrase Anti-Dump:

"Real men are out climbing mountains and swimming across rivers; what are you doing, playing with a phone and updating your 'status' on a attention-whoring website?"

Establish your unique independence and leadership qualities by NOT texting and NOT having a Facebook.
Somewhere along the line, someone probably once said:

"This telephone thing is for COWARDS! Real men go to a woman's house, knock on her door, and ask her for a date face-to-face instead of hiding behind a receiver!"

Sorry -- the "anti-texting" crowd makes some good points (texting often makes you "too accessible" is one, and that texting should never be a substitute for a conversation is another), but this inflexible "new technology is incompatible with what a 'man' should do' is a total crock.

You can climb a mountain and still send a text message to people. You can swim a river and still have a Facebook to keep in contact with old college friends.

Being a man means finding balance in life, adapting to change, and remaining flexible. The most "alpha" men I see out there are people who can function in any situation, use any outlet to their advantage (in life and in dating), and NEVER become rigidly set in their ways.

But, by all means, keep beating this drum if it works for you.

Captain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unbridled_Phoenix said:

Brilliant post right here. Every other chump texts her, do you really want to blend in? One or two texts are OK sometimes, but conversations via texts, setting up dates, anything more than a random comment is better done over the phone. It's important for guys to realise they don't have to reply to a text or email.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have nothing against texting, calling, IMing, postcards, smoke signals, carrier pigeons, notes in bottles, or any other form of communication...so long as you remember that they don't act as a substitute for person-to-person contact.

I personally never have conversations via text, just 'I'm at the cafe' or '10 minutes late' kind of stuff

Allurre

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Totally disagree.

I'm a big fan of texting, but I keep it short and don't dwell much on it.

True, women may misinterpret, but that's why you need to LEARN how to communicate accurately with your text.

For example, using the exclamation mark may indicate excitement -- or it can come off as you screaming at them.

I usually just keep it on a positive note, action-oriented, and wrap it up with a smiley.

Works like a charm. The only pitfall to texting is spending hours texting back and forth daily.

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
detrimental

Friday night--I met up with two girls and went to the bars. I had the less attractive chick eating out of my hand. I even pulled them back to my place, where she wanted to take me upstairs.

I switched gears and isolated the hot girl, but the less attractive one got sick when I left her with other guys and the hot chick had to take her home.

She texted me afterwards about how much she loved kissing me and she's so excited to see me again. She even tried to make a movie at my place date.

Like an idiot, I texted her back and forth over the period of an hour. ****ing alcohol. By the end of the hour, she was talking about how she feels bad and she hopes her friend wouldn't be disappointed.

It's Monday morning and I haven't heard from her since, but I've learned my lesson (once again) not to text her and get an update.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course limited texting can be useful, but it generally boils down to being an avoidance move. It's the easy way to communicate because you put less of yourself on the line.

It's easier to be free from self-conciousness when texting, but the fact that women will "interpret" every sentence you type makes it risky if done at length. Look at all those poor souls who write on this forum about a text message session gone awry.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain said:
Brilliant post right here. Every other chump texts her, do you really want to blend in?
On the other hand, if you don't text, you could be handing the guys who do text her an advantage over you. Because they have a line of communication with her that you don't.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Technology is best used as a means to an end. Texting has replaced the too long phone call.

The demographic of women I attract are using this tool to great effect. You either accept and use new technology or you get left behind.

I'll ask you, if you're looking for information on a particular subject are you going to jump on your unicycle and head to the library or are you going to fire up the PC and Google it?

Don't accept one technology and discard the rest because you "think" you're too cool for it.

GrimPhallic

Don Juan
Reaction score
I text... all day long guys. Im probably addicted to texting... but you know what, fact is, the hot chicks text, period. When you call, they dont answer. Instead of nexting them bc they didnt answer, just text em. Im on pace for a different chick every month this year, so you cant sit there and tell me it doesnt work. Ive become the master at getting girls to send me pvssy pics using vibrators, fingerig, etc. over text, no lie. Girls feel more comfortable talking over text, and yes in this instance I will conform to what they feel comfortable doing. You can sit there and deny it as a form of good communication all you want, but I KNOW it works for me, very well infact. And it works for the # pull every time :) Oh and facebook is great as well, I have used that in place of my # pull and fvcked chicks Ive met like that as well. Facebook instant messenger is fvcking awesome. And you can burn me all you want, I do it bc it works, not bc Im scared or nervous or any of that shlt.

Austin

GrimPhallic

Don Juan
Reaction score
And for all you 35+ yr olds and above, I am speaking of girls my own age ;) that is between the age of 21 and 26. I can understand why you will not accept texting. This is a technology that was invented by our generation, not yours.

Austin

GrimPhallic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course Im just fvcking around right now, not looking for anything serious. Maybe I should change that to "all the h0e bags text" lol. I typically go for the bar tender chicks... extremely hot, but usually h0e bags :)

Austin