Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why are women so fascinated by tattoo's?

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is it about tattoo's that women are so obsessed about? Whether they have them or you have them, somehow it ALWAYS comes up as a topic of conversation. With a lot of women, tattoo's are a MUST for a guy before she will even consider dating him.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah and to have high cheek bones, washboard abs, an 18 inch dong, piercing blue eyes, 6'7 3/4" or taller, lots of money in the bank blah blah blah. The way to plow through that amazon of bullsh1t is to approach the girl you like and whatever fabricated dream stiff she has in mind with "I know exactly what you want...ME." Dilute just a bit of course to prevent yourself from channeling the spirit of Kanye West, and take it from there.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Robert28 said:
What is it about tattoo's that women are so obsessed about? Whether they have them or you have them, somehow it ALWAYS comes up as a topic of conversation. With a lot of women, tattoo's are a MUST for a guy before she will even consider dating him.
I wondered this myself and meant to ask. Good thread.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl isn't interested in me because I don't have any tattoo's then she can fvck off. That's my .02. I don't have any tattoo's and I don't plan on getting any. Never seriously considered it.

LMFAO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My previous girlfriend told me if I get a tattoo of her name she'll have anal sex with me and marry me. Mental.

IBreatheSpears

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some girls are totally anti-tattoos but I've never met one who required them.

The psychological principle I think is at work here is called the handicap principle. An animal signals its mate value by doing something that risks its survival and continuing to survive in spite of the handicap. One example is a peaco­ck's plumage, which female peacocks find attractive despite the increased risk of being spotted by predators because the male essentially says "I'm so fit that I can afford the extra risk of being seen by predators, so mate with me to have offspring who are equally fit".

Also, a study found that men with a facial piercing were rated as more attractive, but only if they had highly symmetrical faces. One of the explanations proposed was that body modifications are a potential route for infection (or were, before the advent of modern medicine and hygiene) and someone who can support a body modification without being harmed by it must have a strong immune system, and therefore good genes. I think the same thing may explain why some women like tattoos.

It could also be simply that it shows rebelliousness, but a lot of men have tattoos these days, so I don't think that's the answer (although the rebelliousness could also be an example of the handicap principle - "I'm fit enough to risk being socially ostracised").

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because its the sign of their own nature, being anti-conformist by being conformist in a sub culture.

They love tatoos for the same reason they love political terrorists, they love tatoos for the same reason for which they make the backbone of cults.

All the satisfaction of "challenging society" while all the comfort of being in a group with other poeple similar to them, thats a jackpot for their hamster powered brain.

Think of the anarchists which hates rules and organization only to organize with rules their anti-rules group.

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love it! I was having a little look in Ventura County on PoF - might be headed there for work next year - and was kind of surprised to discover that the girls there are really on the back foot about their tattoos - really defensive. The backlash is in full swing and I couldn't be happier.

Same story at work, when a chick starts up about some new tattoo she "can't wait to get" you can practically hear the eyes rolling these days - it's not instant fawning attention anymore.

Sleeve tats? No thanks, I'd prefer to be noticed for my insightful opinions and charming personality. But that's just it isn't it, the purpose of the overwhelming majority of tattoos is to mask a gaping personality deficit.

And it's easy social cachet - a shortcut to an identity - which I think explains why women have more ink than men these days (no data to back that up just my impression).

You guys agree/disagree with that? That women have more ink than men? I'm talking 18 - 35.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know I've always wanted to get a tattoo, but I seriously can't find or think of a design that would suit me. I mean, I'm not inking some bullsh!t on my body.

Am I the only guy who thinks that tattoos should be really personal an deep? Which is also why I facepalm so hard when i see most girls' tattoos.

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I think if you value something that deeply, you honour it through your behaviours, words, and actions. Ink doesn't mean squat.

Zapp Brannigan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls that are obsessed with tattoos are typically trouble, high maintenance, and overly wild acting. Not talking about a female that has a small tattoo, I'm talking about the ones that are practically covered in them. They're usually into self destructive things just for the attention of it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a comedian who was on Comedy Central's Half-Hour with a bit about tats and the way that their meaning has changed over the years. He says when he sees a grizzled old man with a blurry anchor on his arm - that guy has probably been through some sh!t and isn't someone you want to fvck with.

But he says when he sees a full sleeve tattoo on a young guy, he's thinking "well, you're probably a vegan...you were definitely in a failed band."

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't know what women you're seeing OP but the women i tend to see are not particularly fascinated with tattoos. they are more fascinated with high intelligence. true they are surprised when i reveal an awesome body with a few tats but that is their least concern by that point.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tats = classic bad boy

chicks love bad boys

bad boys don't give a fvck about chicks

chicks + bad boys = crazy BPD chicks the rest of us have to deal with

The411

Banned
Reaction score
Some chicks are fascinated/like tattoos because it makes these chicks feel "strong and confident", "sexy", or even more "pretty". It gives them some "edge" as if they take what biker gangs, prisoners, Hollywood celebrities, athletes, or anyone considered a rebel, cool and they've "accomplished" the same feats in life they have by getting inked up themselves.

Same as the dude who wants to be like a rich rap star and goes out and leases an expensive car, buys clothes they can't afford while not having a pot to piss in or no savings in the bank. It's frauding to the public. As in "I'm a somebody." Yet are driving/wearing their 'bank account'.

Some chicks want to live vicariously through the "bad boy boyfriend look" and piss off their daddy, or show off their kewl boyfriend to their dad or family who has tats.

A lot of these chicks eventually either get addicted to them and ruin themselves by getting too many and no matter how hot they were look like a freak or they finally wise up and either get them removed or only max out at a few.

I don't mind a few (three max) small tattoos but large ones on chicks look retarded. Either way though I look at the chick as a weak minded sheep.

I was going to get tats when younger but decided I don't need them as I'd rather spend my money actually doing something edgy than inking something "edgy" that would become the broing norm once every other person got tattoos.

Plus tattoos like it or not still carry much more of a negative stigma with employees and customers depending on the area they live in or if they can been seen in a professional environment. They also give the stigma that the person with tattoos lives a 'dirty' lifestyle (drugs, drinking, STD's not washing like a biker) to some old school employers who still think of them as being associated with biker gangs, drunken sailors, or loose chicks. (Which doesn't really mean that but it's still a stigma associated with tats.)

And women do like it or not do suffer more negative consequences of tattoos in being seen as slvts, easy, more likely to drink or do drugs (which isn't completely off the mark in a LOT of cases I've known or I'm sure others have known.) Or even the chick might be thought of as a lesbo or bi.

Plus consider the fact that a lot of tatted up female celebrities are trainwrecks, fvck ups etc. so it's no surprise that most dudes in their subconcious or the public see a chick with tattoos as bimbo-ish until they actually know her and she proves otherwise.

If some chick wants to be "edgy" and "cool" she can knock herself out doing it. It's up to the dude to decide if she's worth being in a relationship with or not.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl likes a dbag with tattoos, she was probably raped by her dad

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LMFAO said:
My previous girlfriend told me if I get a tattoo of her name she'll have anal sex with me and marry me. Mental.
Haha!

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
What's interesting is how these women project their attraction to tats onto men.

Just because she gets excited by bad boys with tats, she assumes that men are EQUALLY attracted to tatted girls, which isn't the case for a lot of men.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
What's interesting is how these women project their attraction to tats onto men.

Just because she gets excited by bad boys with tats, she assumes that men are EQUALLY attracted to tatted girls, which isn't the case for a lot of men.
I would find it more interesting that a girl would have the introspection to realise this rather than the more common other way around you described :p