Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why are people against improvement? A rant

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing. To lead is to be alone. Once you start to break out of the status quo, everyone around you are like crabs in the bucket trying to pull you back in. Some friendships have to die so you can evolve into something better.
Advice from the old lady: This is a great thread and is just as true now as it’s ever been. As you progress in life, if you are growing, you actually outgrow some friendships. Sometimes you leave family behind too. You have to. Your vibrational energy changes as you change. People who *think* they are better than you where you were, who don’t cheer you on? They are garbage. But the few who stick around and are real friends as you grow? Those people are gold.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did OP ever get muscular?
i remember him back in the day. I have no idea what he is up to now. I left the board before him… but obviously been back due to marriage issues on my end. I never lost a love for the game, i just was semi-retired for many years.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Advice from the old lady: This is a great thread and is just as true now as it’s ever been. As you progress in life, if you are growing, you actually outgrow some friendships. Sometimes you leave family behind too. You have to. Your vibrational energy changes as you change. People who *think* they are better than you where you were, who don’t cheer you on? They are garbage. But the few who stick around and are real friends as you grow? Those people are gold.
Great post. I agree BeExcellent. The weird part ive found in life is that no matter how close a friend is… the choice to change habits is always up to them. I feel like i could influence friends to make changes and better habits but its really the old leading a horse to water doesnt mean you can make them drink….

and most of my friends are the horses that like to drink alot haha.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i remember him back in the day. I have no idea what he is up to now. I left the board before him… but obviously been back due to marriage issues on my end. I never lost a love for the game, i just was semi-retired for many years.
This thread is from 2002 lol, over 20 years ago. Crazy to see an old post on here from so long ago, and not only that but see a member from 2002 posting on here more recently.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Must be nice. I tried the game and couldn’t get it to work for me. So I went my own way and got laid. Kind of radicalized me tbh

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Though I think some men getting the most out of themselves is a good thing, I also believe the whole notion of others trying to hinder others’ self-improvement projects is highly exaggerated and an attention grabber.

Most people tending to things in their own lives, no matter how mundane and routine they are, do not give a rat’s as$ that some guy work outs (in some cases 20 years late, after becoming a middle-aged fat body), studying, or professionally excelling. In some cases they might even think he would be better off doing something else.

It’s a common trope used amongst internet celebrities in particular. Hence one sees posts like, “I didn’t let anyone tell me I couldn’t do it!,” when likely no one cared about what they did, or in some cases looked down upon it.