Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why are all of the low-level jobs in the US held by visible minorities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm from Canada.

I've just recently returned from a business trip to the US. It's a great place, but there's one pattern I've noticed: no matter what city I go to in the US, its always a black or hispanic person serving my meals, checking my coat, or cleaning up after me. Why is this?

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As harsh as it may sound:

no education=no decent job.

American education system makes it hard to pay for one's own higher education. Most of the time it's parents paying for it, or the person ends up with a load of student debt fresh out of college. And the fact is most black/hispanic families don't have the money to put their kids through college.

Plus i'm not sure job-seeking skills are common knowledge in black/hispanic communities, just judging by the place where i work at...you won't believe how many guys show up with sagging pants, bandanas, chains hanging, grillz...etc. One time i picked up the phone and the first thing i hear is "where you be at?"...i mean come on.

And now lets count minutes until this thread gets locked.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
economic disenfranchisement (^-- what he said)

also, institutionalized racism

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
That's funny because in most corporate and government jobs minorities and women were overrepresented. Maybe you should go to dangerous and havy industry labor sites and ask, "Why are so many white males doing hard dangerous work?". You're just not getting an acurate cross sectional view.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
ketostix said:
That's funny because in most corporate and government jobs minorities and women were overrepresented. Maybe you should go to dangerous and havy industry labor sites and ask, "Why are so many white males doing hard dangerous work?". You're just not getting an acurate cross sectional view.
What a lame response, so white biased you don't even attempt to cover it up.

1) You are saying corporate and government jobs are over-represented in minorities? How the hell do you work that one out? Nearly everyone in the government is white and the corporate world is white middle class dominated. What over-representation of blacks and mexicans here is there? There's a decent % of mexicans in the US, how many mexicans are in the government? LOL what a lame response.

2) It is true that there is a large proportion of minorities covering the low end jobs and IMO its sad to see. He is talking about cleaning, serving food, fast food places etc. in which there are amny minorities, the same occurs in London where EVERY person in burger king and tesco in south kensington is indian. Don't believe me? Go to South Kensington, opposite Gloucester Road tube station and see for yourself.

Your only valid point was that yes most construction workers do seem to be white. Then again is this really a dead end job relatively speaking? Maybe its the lower end for whites in general but still better than the cleaning, burger king stuff that other minorities do?

Lastly how are women over-represented in corporate and government environments? Over half the US is female, yet both are male dominated. Maybe you're thinking that the proportion represented is greater than what women deserve but thats very subjective and you have no decent evidence of that anyway.

MM

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
ready123 said:
economic disenfranchisement (^-- what he said)

also, institutionalized racism
Yep, whites are still higher up, there is still racial hierachy. If white guys like Ketostix weren't so biased maybe people would wake up. I remember debating with him about a dating race issue and he was always biased, he didn't talk about both sides, just one side.

MM

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
What a lame response, so white biased you don't even attempt to cover it up.

1) You are saying corporate and government jobs are over-represented in minorities? How the hell do you work that one out? Nearly everyone in the government is white and the corporate world is white middle class dominated. What over-representation of blacks and mexicans here is there? There's a decent % of mexicans in the US, how many mexicans are in the government? LOL what a lame response.
You know nothing about the U.S. Government. Women and minorities are overrepresented. Since when have you been inside a U.S. government office? Same thing with corporations. Corporations have more applicants than jobs. They have to fill quotas. I was in one very major U.S. corporation testing for a promotion. The majority there was black women and a few asian and white women. I was only one of only two white maels out of at least 60 people there supposedly randomonly pulled from the employee pool.

2) It is true that there is a large proportion of minorities covering the low end jobs and IMO its sad to see. He is talking about cleaning, serving food, fast food places etc. in which there are amny minorities, the same occurs in London where EVERY person in burger king and tesco in south kensington is indian. Don't believe me? Go to South Kensington, opposite Gloucester Road tube station and see for yourself.[/QUOTE]

I don't care about England. The OP was commenting about the US. You make it sound like these minorities are citizens with the same education level as a white person who has a better job. This is just a biased and unsubstantiated belief.

Your only valid point was that yes most construction workers do seem to be white. Then again is this really a dead end job relatively speaking? Maybe its the lower end for whites in general but still better than the cleaning, burger king stuff that other minorities do?
These blue collar jobs often don't pay any more , and the work is probably more physically demanding and dangerous. I like how you say, "Oh just the lower end of whites work low end jobs. But high end minorities are working all the low end jobs." this wrong on all accounts.

Lastly how are women over-represented in corporate and government environments? Over half the US is female, yet both are male dominated. Maybe you're thinking that the proportion represented is greater than what women deserve but thats very subjective and you have no decent evidence of that anyway.

MM
Because it's abundantly clear that women do not equally fill dangerous, heavy labor jobs. And not to mention because of quotas and affirmative action women must be at least equally represented in good jobs. The result women don't do the low end jobs but are over-represented in the high end ones.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
Yep, whites are still higher up, there is still racial hierachy. If white guys like Ketostix weren't so biased maybe people would wake up. I remember debating with him about a dating race issue and he was always biased, he didn't talk about both sides, just one side.

MM
You are the most racially biased person on here. You hate white males and believe that you should fvck white women but no white male should touch a woman from your ethnicity whatever it is. My suggestion to you is go to where ever it is you are the majority if you hate whites so much.

Reaction score
I've noticed this in movies also... It'a always a minority as the maid or taxi driver. I agree it's an education thing, but truth is, minorities want to come to the U.S. so they take whatever jobs they can get... For most of them these jobs and lifestyle are 5 times what they had in their original country.

Another thing is.. I don't get why people are racist.. I just don't get it..

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets not make this into a racial flame war, I don't think the original question necessarily deals with racism.

Education is a big part. No I'm not saying minorities are stupid, but many do come from countries with weak education systems, and even those that don't often don't speak English which makes pursuing higher education here difficult.

Also, if they're fairly new here, their resumes probably aren't that impressive because employers are not too likely to accept experience in a foreign country - how would they verify this if they don't speak Spanish, etc?

As for black people, I'm really not sure about that one. The above doesn't apply because many have been here for generations.

What Levex said is true, to a certain extent there's pressure on many black people to not 'act white', a label some may get for talking professionally and dressing in a suit. It's not that they're incapable, but peer pressure is a powerful thing.

Similarly Asians face an almost opposite pressure, to be professional, educated, wealthy, etc. Hence why statistically Asians on average have the highest annual incomes in America.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
ketostix said:
You are the most racially biased person on here. You hate white males and believe that you should fvck white women but no white male should touch a woman from your ethnicity whatever it is. My suggestion to you is go to where ever it is you are the majority if you hate whites so much.
Why would I hate white men since it's women who decide who gets who? As for my ethnicity, white men are more than welcome to them, I consider women of my ethnicity as filth and trash tbh. Although you claim I hate whites because I've complained that they have the power in the UK/US, I could easily say you hate minorities because you complained that they are treated too well, swings and roundabouts. At least I consider both sides, you are always one sided.

MM

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
Why would I hate white men since it's women who decide who gets who? As for my ethnicity, white men are more than welcome to them, I consider women of my ethnicity as filth and trash tbh. Although you claim I hate whites because I've complained that they have the power in the UK/US, I could easily say you hate minorities because you complained that they are treated too well, swings and roundabouts. At least I consider both sides, you are always one sided.

MM

I'm not being one-sided at all. I think life is just as competive for one male as it is for the next. What I will say is if you are a minority or woman in the US with the same educational credentials and citizenship as a white male if anything you would be at an advantage to him. Asians are proof of this. People discrimate for all sorts of reason more often than for ethnicity and gender.

U

user43770

Where I live a lot of the Hispanics are illegal immigrants. They have no choice but to work these kinds of jobs.

I guess you guys wouldn't know much about illegal immigrants in Canada, ehh?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
Based on the original question, I'm going to have to say that Luveno is the most naive person I've ever met.
Well, I've been to Canada several times and it seems that they....

Oh wait, that's a just a personal perception based on preconceived ideas based on stereotypes. Nevermind...

U

user43770

Francisco d'Anconia said:
Well, I've been to Canada several times and it seems that they....

Oh wait, that's a just a personal perception based on preconceived ideas based on stereotypes. Nevermind...

Touche, my friend. You win this round, but I will live to argue pointlessly again.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I'm pretty sure the recent statistic is Canada has the highest per capita immigration rate in the world.

A bit of a concern really, because while you guys have the melting pot, Canada believes in multiculturalism.

I have nothing against immigration, I'm a first generation Canadian myself.

However, what happens is something like 90% of immigrants to Canada settle in the 3 largest cities. They form their own little communities and don't integrate, I mean some people will live here for decades without really learning english.

To that extent, it makes me wonder why the bothered moving, only to recreate their community here in Canada. I mean, come to a new country seeking a better life, sure. Maintain some of your culture, sure. But move here and live in little italy or moscow or china town, what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.