Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who here wants to get married and why?

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My question to you is this..........what makes you think getting married is a solution to this at all? Marriages fail, many within 3 to 5 years. You could very easily get married and be RIGHT BACK out on the dating marketing approaching-dating-banging-avoiding within a couple of years anyway.
I could very well get hit by a f*cking bus crossing the street
.. But I still got places to be and sh*t to do.
So I look both ways and check for signs before I cross.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I want to get married so I can be one of those guys that always says, “Dude, I’m married, but if I was single, I’d be getting so much puzzy.”*

*I hear this all the time like a broken record lol.

All kidding aside, I would like a serious relationship that could lead to marriage.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I could very well get hit by a f*cking bus crossing the street
.. But I still got places to be and sh*t to do.
So I look both ways and check for signs before I cross.
That's good Bro, but the problem is that you can look both ways, check for signs, then begin to cross as the "coast is clear", then suddenly a BUS comes out of nowhere.

That's what divorce is like Bro. You filtered upfront, you selected a woman you believed was quality, you guys had great chemistry, and the relationship was on a structure that you both felt was efficient. Then SUDDENLY, shyt happens. And the shyt that happens slowly starts to deteriorate the relationship in some form.

I'm not telling you not to get married, I just think that Civil Unions might be a better structure for those today who are in "love" and want to put a government contract with it. It's a much better arrangement so that if the "love" deteriorates for whatever reason, you both can move on with life without any major financial setbacks.

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
are we just a bunch of selfish women haters here or what?

Marriage is Like Nascar

men are the drivers
women are the cars
some men start with Fords
while others choose Ferraris

the car you start with
is never the car you end with

the body, the trim, the interior,
the suspension, the engine, the wheels,
every part of the car has been upgraded
and every part has been replaced
several. times. over.

some men try to win by buying cars at good prices
some men try to win by buying the fastest cars
some men try to win by buying lots of cars

in the end the only thing that matters is
maintenance
upgrades
team
and a prize worth working for
When you live in a large city you don't need a car. I drive my car once a week at most and only because I want to. I could honestly not drive it for a month or longer and still get all my sh*t done without any problems. My point.. is you don't NEED a car if you set your life up the right way. You also don't NEED a wife if you set your life up the right way.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm getting married again eventually. Prenup, LLC owned trusts, asset-protection off-shore deeds, inter alia. Still will lose some in a subsequent divorce through child/spousal support, possible marital home, but that's a risk I'm willing to entertain.

Reaction score
I'm getting married again eventually. Prenup, LLC owned trusts, asset-protection off-shore deeds, inter alia. Still will lose some in a subsequent divorce through child/spousal support, possible marital home, but that's a risk I'm willing to entertain.
Why don't you just keep your name on the deed?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you just keep your name on the deed?
Without a prenup, any assets, even pre-marital assets--are subject for contention.

With a prenup, any assets, even pre-marital assets--are subject for contention if "commingling" of assets can be established or the prenup is set aside for duress, fraud, collusion, incompetency, unconsiousnability, and dozens of other legal arguments to vacate its merits.

Understand in a court of law, you are subject to a specific jurisdiction with specific case laws that can be superseded by alternate case law adjudicated by appellate courts at any and at a later time. Ergo your prenup last year was strong, but this year could be weak. What holds true today may not hold true tomorrow. Bottom line, you are not guaranteed to be protected with a prenup alone.

Reaction score
Without a prenup, any assets, even pre-marital assets--are subject for contention.

With a prenup, any assets, even pre-marital assets--are subject for contention if "commingling" of assets can be established or the prenup is set aside for duress, fraud, collusion, incompetency, unconsiousnability, and dozens of other legal arguments to vacate its merits.

Understand in a court of law, you are subject to a specific jurisdiction with specific case laws that can be superseded by alternate case law adjudicated by appellate courts at any and at a later time. Ergo your prenup last year was strong, but this year could be weak. What holds true today may not hold true tomorrow. Bottom line, you are not guaranteed to be protected with a prenup alone.
Then I won't get married.

I'll cohabitate. If she truly likes and respects me, she'll understand.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then I won't get married.

I'll cohabitate. If she truly likes and respects me, she'll understand.
Sure, some women will be fine with that. From a financial loss-mitigation perspective, you're better off. Just make sure you don't live in the following common-law marriage states, which could make you a legally married couple without a marriage license:
  • Alabama
  • Colorado
  • District of Columbia
  • Georgia (if created before 1/1/97)
  • Idaho (if created before 1/1/96)
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Montana
  • New Hampshire (for inheritance purposes only)
  • Ohio (if created before 10/10/91)
  • Oklahoma (possibly only if created before 11/1/98. Oklahoma’s laws and court decisions may be in conflict about whether common law marriages formed in that state after 11/1/98 will be recognized.)
  • Pennsylvania (if created before 1/1/05)
  • Rhode Island
  • South Carolina
  • Texas
  • Utah

Reaction score
Sure, some women will be fine with that. From a financial loss-mitigation perspective, you're better off. Just make sure you don't live in the following common-law marriage states, which could make you a legally married couple without a marriage license:
  • Alabama
  • Colorado
  • District of Columbia
  • Georgia (if created before 1/1/97)
  • Idaho (if created before 1/1/96)
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Montana
  • New Hampshire (for inheritance purposes only)
  • Ohio (if created before 10/10/91)
  • Oklahoma (possibly only if created before 11/1/98. Oklahoma’s laws and court decisions may be in conflict about whether common law marriages formed in that state after 11/1/98 will be recognized.)
  • Pennsylvania (if created before 1/1/05)
  • Rhode Island
  • South Carolina
  • Texas
  • Utah
I live in Florida.

It is really fvcked up what the law does to people.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to hold and flip properties in FL 4-5 years ago, specifically bought Jacksonville REOs, Fannie- and Freddie-owned. Bought three-four families for little as 30k, put 30-40k total renovations, and resold for close to 200k each, in addition to full occupancy rents up to day of sale. All cash, no hard money, no interest. Too much work for me (as these were active investments not business) for little monetary return (though great % return) so I ejected from FL. But there's certainly great potential there if you have the time and this is your line of business.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion I think men who want to get married are weak men in some aspects. Generally the either do it because of societal pressures, family pressure or they are extremely bored and feel like getting married would fullfull their life and give it meaning, which is short lived and hollow

Reaction score
I used to hold and flip properties in FL 4-5 years ago, specifically bought Jacksonville REOs, Fannie- and Freddie-owned. Bought three-four families for little as 30k, put 30-40k total renovations, and resold for close to 200k each, in addition to full occupancy rents up to day of sale. All cash, no hard money, no interest. Too much work for me (as these were active investments not business) for little monetary return (though great % return) so I ejected from FL. But there's certainly great potential there if you have the time and this is your line of business.
Why do you consider them to be active? Were you doing the renovations yourself? I have one going right now, and I could choose to sit home and let the guy work if I wanted, but I like watching him work so I can learn if sh1t ever hits the fan and I have to do it myself.

Yes, it is a great % return. About 32% if paying cash, and 68%+ if using HML for what I'm doing.

You said you rented them before you resold them. Is that because Fannie and Freddie have a rule that says you can't resell within 6 months or 1 year after purchase?

I'll tell you how I find mine on PM if you want.

Reaction score
In my opinion I think men who want to get married are weak men in some aspects. Generally the either do it because of societal pressures, family pressure or they are extremely bored and feel like getting married would fullfull their life and give it meaning, which is short lived and hollow
I would want to if it weren't for the divorce law. In all likelihood, I would get bored of it quickly.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would want to if it weren't for the divorce law. In all likelihood, I would get bored of it quickly.
Never been married, but seems boring to me, I just love bedding women so much I can't stay with one. I like meeting new people and having new fresh experiences, conversations and perspectives, but to each their own. Marriage might be more compatible to some couples

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Do you want to eventually get married? If so.. why?
Perhaps a better question would be:

What are the benefits of getting married vs staying single?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you consider them to be active? Were you doing the renovations yourself? I have one going right now, and I could choose to sit home and let the guy work if I wanted, but I like watching him work so I can learn if sh1t ever hits the fan and I have to do it myself.

Yes, it is a great % return. About 32% if paying cash, and 68%+ if using HML for what I'm doing.

You said you rented them before you resold them. Is that because Fannie and Freddie have a rule that says you can't resell within 6 months or 1 year after purchase?

I'll tell you how I find mine on PM if you want.
Richard, Ill respond to your PM here so others who may be interested can learn.

I'm in venture capital. I buy and sell or buy and hold businesses for a living. I invest in real-estate in my individual portfolio. These days, I own mostly buildings in NY for passive cash flow. Every now and then I dabble with flips. I am networked heavily in the R/E market, and get many short sales offers. I don't capitalize on many due to time constraints, but when I do, netting 100k+ per buy, fix, sell is common, after HML interest, renovations, holding expenses.

I used to buy directly from Fannie/Freddie through a few contacts I made in the GSEs. I invested in multiple states including FL, GA, CT, PA. But out-of-state investing is significantly time consuming. I say "active investments" because I have to find reliable people: plumbers, building contractors, fire contractors, handymen, management teams, runners for permits. I have to get estimates, negotiate prices, micromanage renovations, credit checks, secure new tenants, evictions, pay expenses of the properties. It's alot of work and time.

I sold my portfolio in FL to one investor in NY. I showed him a trailing 12-month history with an 8% net cap. Hence the need for full occupancy before the sale. He was impressed. But for now, I stick with NY.

Reaction score
Richard, Ill respond to your PM here so others who may be interested can learn.

I'm in venture capital. I buy and sell or buy and hold businesses for a living. I invest in real-estate in my individual portfolio. These days, I own mostly buildings in NY for passive cash flow. Every now and then I dabble with flips. I am networked heavily in the R/E market, and get many short sales offers. I don't capitalize on many due to time constraints, but when I do, netting 100k+ per buy, fix, sell is common, after HML interest, renovations, holding expenses.

I used to buy directly from Fannie/Freddie through a few contacts I made in the GSEs. I invested in multiple states including FL, GA, CT, PA. But out-of-state investing is significantly time consuming. I say "active investments" because I have to find reliable people: plumbers, building contractors, fire contractors, handymen, management teams, runners for permits. I have to get estimates, negotiate prices, micromanage renovations, credit checks, secure new tenants, evictions, pay expenses of the properties. It's alot of work and time.

I sold my portfolio in FL to one investor in NY. I showed him a trailing 12-month history with an 8% net cap. Hence the need for full occupancy before the sale. He was impressed. But for now, I stick with NY.
Are your buildings in NY commercial? Do you do NNN leases?

Do you think a lot of your dating success has to do with that you live in NYC? (Or just NY?)

How do you find businesses to buy? Should I just Google "business broker?"

How did you make money in the first place to be able to do such things?

Do you believe in the ridiculous hypergamy standard of today's women, and feel bad for guys that don't meet it?

I should probably upgrade my car from old dirt cheap pickup truck. Even though I like it and it's just Point A to Point B plus functionality. But unfortunately I have to alter myself to what women find attractive because nothing is going to stop me from thinking about them.

Here's my tomorrow:
10 am - hair restoration consultation
1 pm - facial filler consultation
3 pm - facial filler consultation

...and I still can't figure out what girls are worth besides sex. Although I haven't watched them multitask upclose in quite some time.

What is the current market value of your most expensive property?

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I'm getting married again eventually.
But why?

Prenup, LLC owned trusts, asset-protection off-shore deeds, inter alia.
You know there's something wrong with an arrangement when you have to go through all sorts of incorporations, transfers, secret accounts, and asset protection schemes in order to protect yourself. Ask yourself this question, if you have to do ALL OF THAT, why even do it in the first place?

Correct, the prenup alone won't save you and even the various incorporations, offshore accounts, and other schemes might not hold up if a skilled attorney untangles everything. There's no real protection again financial loss due to divorce and again......ask yourself a question.....if you have to go through ALL OF THAT in order to protect yourself, is the act of marriage even worth it?

What exactly are you getting from the act of marriage that makes all of this stuff that you have to go through upfront (and potentially at the end if it blows up) "worth it"?