Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who here plays chess?

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you think, absolulety amazing game or does it scream NERD?

I like it a lot and I am always playing it!

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I enjoy it, but I have no one to play with so I just play computer chess when I do play. I always lose to the computer though. It's good for taking your mind off stuff.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chess is a brilliant game but there is no money in it. Learn poker.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i play a lot. had a 2400 rating on yahoo chess in high school. i forgot a lot of sh1t now though. not how to play of course but like openings and endings :(

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chess is great, teaches you to think long term, play it and don't be embarassed.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah it's fun to play ...

I stopped playing competitively about 5 years ago because the people that gravitate to it aren't the type of people I want to be associated with. Unsociable, smelly, pimple-faced dudes who haven't shaved in 6 months, cant tell a joke if their life depended on it, and will never get laid.

Sadly, for the most part those are the types of guys that play competitive chess, so I extracted myself in high school before it was too late ;)

Now I play casually, if at all.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chess is a brilliant game, I play it all the time. It teaches you a brilliant mindset, similar to one needed in business. You basically learn to think over the long term, and prepare for any eventualities that can suddenly spring up and destroy your defence. I constantly find myself in real life situations where I analyse the situation in my chess mindset.

MeteorMash

Don Juan
Reaction score
I love chess. I used to play a lot in highschool but slowed down now because I have no one to play with

Plus I got tired of losing to the cheating computer lol.

i'm gonna start playing again though, it's really a great game to learn with skills that translate across the board

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to play and study chess a lot and even participated in some competitive tournaments as a teenager and I don't remember anyone telling me that I am a nerd.

To bad I lost the connection with chess in time and now I rarely play and when I do it's on the computer.

Live-n-learn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I played chess but like others said here, it's not convenient to find others to play against. I rarely play nowadays, but even back then, I'd play against the computer or online on some gaming website against other ppl.
Same goes for texas hold'em poker; love the game but not convenient to gather a whole bunch of ppl to play at a set day and time

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SS casual chess club?

;)

I don't have a problem with chess as long as it's not life-consuming. Back in HS I had a scholarship to a prestigious private school thrown at me, but it required studying chess like 2-4 hours a day and competing in 24 tournaments a year... needless to say turned them down. far too much commitment, and wasn't desperate for private school education.

Whoever wants to learn, go get an Openings book and learn/memorize 4 different openings: 2 for black, 2 for white. One for Left side play, one for Right side play.

After that, go to games.yahoo.com and play 1000 games of non-blitz chess using each of the openings.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love chess. Used to be really good at it but with no one else to play with, I lost it.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
SS casual chess club?

;)

I don't have a problem with chess as long as it's not life-consuming. Back in HS I had a scholarship to a prestigious private school thrown at me, but it required studying chess like 2-4 hours a day and competing in 24 tournaments a year... needless to say turned them down. far too much commitment, and wasn't desperate for private school education.

Whoever wants to learn, go get an Openings book and learn/memorize 4 different openings: 2 for black, 2 for white. One for Left side play, one for Right side play.

After that, go to games.yahoo.com and play 1000 games of non-blitz chess using each of the openings.
Damn straight. If you know an opening, then you are already at a huge advantage to someone who doesn't. My favourite has got to be Sicilian Dragon, as there's so much you can do with it and it's the best defence and a good offence.