Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who doesn't drink at all and still pick up women?

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that I pick up lots of women without any alcohol in my system.

I ask this because of a few posts that stated that they were drunk or buzzed when they picked up women. Tell me who doesn't drink when they do their pickups.

comic_relief

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
Anywhere, I don't go special places to meet women, it's rediculous. Gas station, outside my appartment building, anywhere you'd go are women, man. I tend to get stupid when I'm drunk, so I don't pick up while drunk, it's not good.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been on a pristine workout regiment for the last few years, and have dramatically cut down on my drinking while going out to the point where I'll drink 1 out of the 10 times I hit a club.

That being said, it hasn't really affected my game in a bad way, it actually improved it, because I'm more aware of my environment. When I'm sober I can tell if a girl is stealing glances even if I'm not focused on her, when I'm drunk I don't always see it. My vision is better, I notice details better, I dance better, and my conversation is smoother and makes more sense. And since most of my wings are ****faced, I tend to draw more attention during our sets simply because they are so out of it.

To me, the only time I'd recommend drunk approaching is if you're still new to the game and haven't developed an outgoing personality. Once your personality develops to the point of a natural, you'll get way better results sober.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MOM, good post. Alcohol is really useful up to a point... I've ruined a few good nights by having too much fun and drinking away all my girls. If you have an "on" night and really internalize how approaching feels while drinking, it feels clearer the next few days.

How's your workout regimen coming? I remember reading way back when (2004?) about your workouts.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MindOverMatter said:
...To me, the only time I'd recommend drunk approaching is if you're still new to the game and haven't developed an outgoing personality. Once your personality develops to the point of a natural, you'll get way better results sober.
Personally I'd avoid the alcohol if you don't have a reliable game established. What guy's don't realize is that the inhibitions which are lowered with alcohol, sound judgement is also lowered (especially if you have no understanding on how to recover from sticky situations).

Building a personality during an unnatural state typically causes guy to be dependant on that unnatural state in order to perform. It's typically better in the long run to build confidence rather than lower inhibitions when it comes to being a man in control of himself.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you're noob francisco

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bah, i've done a little of both, but I prefer to play the game sober

MuayThai

Banned
Reaction score
I drink very little when I'm out with women.

Francisco is right about the impaired judgment. No woman likes a man very drunk.

Francisco d'Anconia said:
Perhaps, at least I'm old enough to drink. ;)
lol owned.

kdnash82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At one point in my life, I became a club rat. Initially I would go out to find women. I would drink and not have any luck.

Then I started going out to have fun. With this mentality, I would be able to talk to women and have casual conversations with them, but with the alcohol and mindframe, I didn't care about closing. In fact, the few times I did, was because they initiated it.

Then I went through my workout phase were I didn't drink as much. I still had the same mind frame of just having fun, and would still be able to approach women with the "I don't care mindframe". With no alcohol I was more focused and could close.

Now I've found a happy medium where I don't drink as much and still have the i don't care attitude.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kdnash82 said:
...Now I've found a happy medium where I don't drink as much and still have the i don't care attitude.
You've hit the nail on the head, it's about that happy medium or balance. It's not that you drink because you need to, you drink only when you want to. It's just another depiction of self control.

Rudra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know guys that pull tail like mad when shytfaced (there´s more than youd guess).

I know guys that lose all game when drunk. Majority, I think.

So its all absolutely individual. How you cope with alcohol, what it does to you and your act and game.

No readymade answers here.

smooth guy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Used to drink every Friday Saturdays night (there's a bar I go to that lets underage teens in) and often we'd bring a chick with us. A lot of times when I didn't even know the girls I would be stiffed and not natural with my actions, and that would show. After 2-3 beers I'd really loosen up and was conversative and natural, so I started drinking regularly which was a bad move being 16 still. Until one day I got really drunk and made a fool of myself. I cut down on the alcohol since then, now I've cut it down completely since I'm also trying to lower my body fat, but that's a different story. Now every time I go to a club or a bar I just order a perrier.

I love weed even more, same but stronger effect. I saw someone on this board ask if weed ruins or helps your game, I think it depends on who you are. Personally drinking and smoking weed helps my game...when interacting with women you shouldn't be stiffed and uncomfortable...these "high" effects help me loosen up and be more comfortable in my own skin.

I think I'm over this problem now though. As crazy as it sounds weed and alcohol helped my inner game even when I'm not high. It kinda taught me how to be more comfortable and relaxed and I don't really need them to relax. Yeah alcohol can improve your game, IF you aren't too comfortable in the current situation. If you're already relaxed though it won't do much for you except damage your liver or get you drunk.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
someone earlier said that alcohol ups your game when you're a newbie, but downs it when you're more advanced, and i totally agree with this

for what may concern me, i go to the club at least once a week, essentially for two reasons: 1. have fun with my buddies, or 2. dance with some chicks I already know well. either way, with some alcohol inside, the night is more beautiful, thus I usually drink a lot (before getting in, in order to avoid losing too much money;))

the nights we hang around pubs, it's the same thing: i get drunk, yet i manage to close the girls that my buddies introduce me, because they see that, although i may be drunk/stoned/high, i'm still pretty much myself

the trick to understand is, if you manage to be yourself as in "be your BETTER self and improve everyday", there will be no difference whether you're drunk or sober, because girls will still be able to understand how you really are as a person. think about it, if you know a drunk girl, aren't you able to understand at least a minimum of her personality? well, girls are a lot more used and skillful at reading people than you and me, so why wouldn't they be able to do that?

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never done a pick-up while I was drunk. I should try it!

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
All about balance for sure. I used to sneak in bacardi into clubs with a friend, 500ml a piece. It was fun as hell but wouldn't do much for game. Now its all about a couple of beers and blunt at the end of the night :D Still fun, lets me hold a better conversation and no hangover to deal with.

To quote Slick Rick - "Hey kid, walk straight, master your high".

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get drunk and pick up women all the time. Here's the trick, don't hit on girls who are sober. The majority of the people who go to bars and clubs are drinking alcohol. Where's the fun in picking up a drunk chick when you're sober?

beastmaster79

Don Juan
Reaction score
i've ruined a lot of chances being drunk!

stay sober and be persistent with your approaches and soon you'll be a natural. it may be awkward talking to new people at first but keep at it and you won't believe the rewards!