Who are the "DOGS", men or women?

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
I see iqqi totally missed your point about women having a double standard and she's using the quality woman argument again. The argument that i thought we dispelled awhile back already.
What exactly is the double standard? That it is ok for women to cheat and not men? Because I think I addressed that with my first post in this thread.

Here, don't hurt yourself looking for it:

iqqi said:
Most people I know are never ok with a married person disrespecting their vows, whether they are a man or a woman. So I can't relate to that phenomenon you seem to keep experiencing.
There is no double standard. Only in your imaginations. It is never ok for anyone to cheat, man or woman.
And both get away with it, and both catch flack for it.

If you want to keep believing the "myth of the quality woman" bs, than maybe you should stop looking for a LTR and resign to fluffy ONS's and keep settling for the best that you can get, til she eventually cheats on you and leaves with half.

Aenigma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What a rediculous thread. I know quite a few "good girls"; know what the difference between them and the bad girls is? The "good girls" know how to keep their sh*t hidden in the closet; and they go to church once a week. Otherwise they're the same.

Don't fool yourself, women have a definate nature, just as men have a definate nature. If a woman thinks a guy is "better" then they'll trade up. That's how they're wired. Cheating is part of human nature. Why do you think women still cheat in muslim countries when they have to face the DEATH PENALTY via TORTURE if they're caught?

Don't let it get to you, embrace the truth and try to be the best man you can. If you want loyalty, the only way you'll ever get it is by earning it (and I don't mean it in the AFC in the sense of the word). Be the best man you can, that'll all you can do. Being bitter will get you nothing. Being paranoid will get you nothing. Being angry will get you nothing. Be happy, be a man, enjoy life, and embrace your personal legend; if anything can keep a woman's loyalty it's those things.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aenigma said:
Don't fool yourself, women have a definate nature, just as men have a definate nature. If a woman thinks a guy is "better" then they'll trade up. That's how they're wired. Cheating is part of human nature. Why do you think women still cheat in muslim countries when they have to face the DEATH PENALTY via TORTURE if they're caught?
Many people feel this way. This is ONE way of seeing it.

Many of the people who would disagree with this viewpoint are the people who don't, indeed, cheat.

Such as myself. I, a woman(!), have never cheated. I have been cheated on, and even had the opportunity to "retaliate" cheat, but it is against my personal standards. Because I don't cheat, I have faith that I will meet someone else, who also doesn't cheat. It is possible!

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:

Many of the people who would disagree with this viewpoint are the people who don't, indeed, cheat.

Such as myself. I, a woman(!), have never cheated. I have been cheated on, and even had the opportunity to "retaliate" cheat, but it is against my personal standards. Because I don't cheat, I have faith that I will meet someone else, who also doesn't cheat. It is possible!

OF COURSE it's possible. (I don't know what the true odds are, though.)

But to say "I don't cheat, so my one true love won't cheat on me," (which isn't what you WROTE, but I'd bet it's what you WANT), is just wishful thinking. The odds of your one-and-only being faithful are JUST the same as that of a random man. And the IMPORTANT thing, here, is, YOU CAN'T KNOW if he's faithful, loving, true, and wonderful until AFTER you're neck deep in the relationship.

My point is -----> you may WANT the world to be fair, and WANT most people not to cheat. I understand that. (I wore those blinders for too long - -- - willingly.)

Just don't count on it. Cheaters are out there. In droves. Just because YOU don't (and, for that matter, just because I don't either), doesn't change that fact.

Open your eyes.

BTW, I'll reiterate------>we men are just as bad, generally. So, no b*tching about double standards or misogyny, ok, Iqqi?

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aliasguy said:
OF COURSE it's possible. (I don't know what the true odds are, though.)

But to say "I don't cheat, so my one true love won't cheat on me," (which isn't what you WROTE, but I'd bet it's what you WANT), is just wishful thinking. The odds of your one-and-only being faithful are JUST the same as that of a random man. And the IMPORTANT thing, here, is, YOU CAN'T KNOW if he's faithful, loving, true, and wonderful until AFTER you're neck deep in the relationship.

My point is -----> you may WANT the world to be fair, and WANT most people not to cheat. I understand that. (I wore those blinders for too long - -- - willingly.)

Just don't count on it. Cheaters are out there. In droves. Just because YOU don't (and, for that matter, just because I don't either), doesn't change that fact.

Open your eyes.
Believe me, I know this.

Juando

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Well, I'm off to a party with a bunch of strippers, druggies, slvts, drunks, swingers, cheaters, and thieves.
Same as Jesus, right?

I give you a lot of props for your (realistic) idealism, STR8UP.

Actually, my heathen memory tells me that Jesus PREFERRED hanging with the rejects of society because they were the least hypocritical.

I know you were joking, STR8UP. You're a sensitive and perceptive man, so you quickly pick up on the cognitive dissonance of living in what some call reality.

I too have real issues with accepting that we live in a world where justice is spotty and unpredictable. I have no advice for you; the company you keep is probably fine, since you're not an idiot you are able to discern and navigate your way through life. Keep your standards high- you'll attract like people.

And TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF so when your ultra-sensitive radar picks up the seamy side of life you can RISE ABOVE IT.

Maybe I did have some advice, after all.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
iqqi said:
OK I'll take what you said at face value and accept that you've never cheated yet. But the term not cheating, that's kind of meaningless because it's not like you are married and staying married or anything like that. Instead in these "realtionships" you simply just lose all attraction for the perfectly fine guy you're with and branch swing to the next guy. There's little difference. And don't deny it, I can tell you are a branch swinger.

And Aliasguy brings up a good point. Being a good non-cheating person and believing whoever your with won't cheat or leave you for a bbd, won't make it so. You say you agree with that, but you told Str8up that basically since "that's what he believes then that's all he'll find." You really do constantly change your arguments iqqi.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
What exactly is the double standard? That it is ok for women to cheat and not men? Because I think I addressed that with my first post in this thread..
Iqqi, the double standard is just the perceptions of our society. What people automatically assume, without knowing the actual details...

Here's the assumption:

If a woman gets involved with a married man, she is a victim, and he is just using her for sex. IE..He is a dirtbag for cheating on his wife.

If a man gets involved with a married woman, he's a home wrecker, and she's a victim. The man is dirtbag. Actually, in this case there's two dirtbags. The man the woman cheats with, and the woman's husband, who "pushed her into another man's arms".

Notice how in both situations the man is a dirtbag, and the woman is a victim?

That's the double standard.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, man ----

If a guy cheats, he's a "dirtbag."

If a woman cheats, her husband is a "dirtbag," for reasons described above.

The guy's a "dirtbag" either way.

I'm single now, and SO much happier!!!

A votre sante, Mr P!!!!!!

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mee said:
Anyone could cheat. I heard that only 1% of the human population DOESN'T cheat.

As for which sex more often acts like dogs? I must say that men do. LOL. Men are more easily sexually and physically stimulated and they show it.

Out of 1%, what does it MATTER if Men are "worse"? They can only be "worse" by, at most, 1-2%.

(BTW, I don't buy your 1% number. I think it might be slightly BETTER than that..... But, never mind.)

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:

If thats the case and you're hot you're everything I would want.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoops..re-read this. Call it mis-interpretation due to alcohol.

Aenigma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nitpick: the insult of "dog" is completely inappropriate in this context; dogs are known for their virtually unconditional and unwavering loyality.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Latinoman, I know STR8UP in the real world and I'll tell you with every fiber of my being that he cares immensely about himself and the social circle he lives in. He's a true man who keeps his options wide open and his radar running constantly. This is why he notices behaviours and mishaps most of the population writes off as incomprehensible.

He doesn't fish in the sewer he just notices that what catches his line is worth throwing back into the river.

It was a cheap shot brother.

Now onto the topic,

I think we all have a bit of canine running around inside of us. We all like to sniff a woman's ass then mount said ass disregarding our better nature and consciences.

Sometimes the "Dawg" bares his teeth when it sees something it wants and that is when rabid desire overtakes rational thinking and gets us into some trouble.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Well, I'm off to a party with a bunch of strippers, druggies, slvts, drunks, swingers, cheaters, and thieves.
Yeah, and you're late. We're all here waiting for you,..heheh.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Señor Fingers said:
In the rhetorical sense, I dont believe "Dog" knows any gender.

People in general can be conniving, manipulative and selfish.

Thing is though, when you get burned badly by a woman, you are more sensitive and aware of the b!tches. You still haven't forgiven the one that wronged you and anything that reminds you of her betrayal makes you furious

After reading what your ex did to you, I'd be pissed too. At some point though, you have to honestly forgive her and move on.
You are correct. Both men and women are bad when it comes to this. The point I was trying to make is that men catch sh!t for it, whereas women are excused most of the time.

As far as me "forgiving" people....well......that's kind of hard when i watch it play out day after day in the lives of other people. It's like I receive constant affirmation that this is just "the way it is", the "norm".

Makes it difficult to have a positive outlook when all you see is negative.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
You have to find someone whose moral view points align with your own. It's hard. But is surely impossible if you are looking to write the whole gender off, (or on), based on individual's actions.
I have to give you props for actually giving some well thought out responses in this thread.

That said....we are on a message board that is specifically for men to talk about issues with women.

I could make the disclaimer that men are bad as well, but it's a given.

I am not slamming one gender. There are a few behaviors that women engage in that ARE more specific to that gender (such as branch swinging) that really do bother me at times. I take it personally, although I know it's not personal. It just kills me to be the one who plays a "fair" game where everyone else breaks all the rules.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aenigma said:
What a rediculous thread. I know quite a few "good girls"; know what the difference between them and the bad girls is? The "good girls" know how to keep their sh*t hidden in the closet; and they go to church once a week. Otherwise they're the same.
I absolutely, completely, TOTALLY agree with you. I have been saying this forever now, and people still try to convince me that there are two different distinct types of women.

It just isn't true fellas....that girl who tells you she has only had sex with three guys....she might even be telling you the truth, but at the same time she isn't bringing up the 30 other guys she has given *******s to.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to get Rollo and Karma over here one night to meet some of my "bottom feeder" friends and put this whole "STR8UP needs to get better friends" debate to rest once and for all.

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
haha i had this girl i was with last night tell me her fiance was her only lay in the last five years when i know for a fact that my friend banged her last year...a few times. there are not two distinct types of anything just shades of gray across the board

Top Bottom