Whining About How Sosuave Mods Have Ruined Your Life Goes Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Re: dontdatehimgirl.com

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

Apparently now men need to be ostracized on an international scale if they dont live up to women's bloated entitlment issues.

Actually, the site appears to list men who cheat...not men who don't live up to "bloated entitlement issues". I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that the person you are in a relationship with will not cheat. Putting up the person's name and photo on a website is a bit much and probably violates slander/libel/defamation of character laws...but again, it's not unreasonable to expect that your partner will not cheat.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Gio, you're flamebaiting with the "vagisil" comment. That's against the rules...even for moderators.

(I'm going to keep making this post regardless of how many times you delete it...unless you delete or edit your own post.)

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
You're right, it wasn't Vagisil I was trying to think of. It was Midol.
Gio...do you even care that you make the job of the moderators who are here the most (like diablo, who I see moderating the most) jobs that much harder with your behavior? You're supposed to be setting an example for the other members here. How can the moderators expect the members to follow the rules if one of their own is one of the worst violators of said rules? I did nothing to invite your rude behavior. I wasn't even rude back. I stated the fact that you were out of line, which you are.

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who gives a flying fu-ck? Nothing has been said in this post that requires moderation anyway. This website in itself is sexist, but that's because IT'S A MEN'S WEBSITE.

"What's the matter hun, little extra cheese on the taco?
Price check on Vagisil, that's Va-gi-sil, aile 3.... there's a woman up here baking bread and I think it's sourdough."

or something to that effect.... hehe.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
The above post is a perfect example of how Gio's bad behavior sets a precedent for other members.

Could someone kindly point out exactly what I said that warranted the above post OR Gio's post?

Not a damn thing...

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 007~JC
Yeah.

Allen why is Gio flame-baiting Wyldfire?

Dude, you can stop sucking up to people and trying to get someone removed so a mod spot opens up...It requires a secret item to get into the mod area that you don't have.

Why all the hate on Gio? He livens the place up. Notice that when a member does it, there is a group laugh. A mod does it and "omg, he can't do that!" is brought about. Mods are normal posters too people. We WILL post stuff that is boarderline. Get over it.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheVirtualMind
Dude, you can stop sucking up to people and trying to get someone removed so a mod spot opens up...It requires a secret item to get into the mod area that you don't have.

Why all the hate on Gio? He livens the place up. Notice that when a member does it, there is a group laugh. A mod does it and "omg, he can't do that!" is brought about. Mods are normal posters too people. We WILL post stuff that is boarderline. Get over it.
Flamebaiting is flamebaiting. If Gio is allowed to do it then everyone else feels entitled to do it. A lot can be said for exhibiting a little bit of maturity, especially as a moderator.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of it can also be said about ignoring posts. If you see that username "Giovanni Casanova" you can ignore the reply he made...Or, you know, not make a reply about his reply. But where is the dramatic fun in that?
Gio is not a good moderator, period. He can't even follow the rules of the site and he is an instigator. He makes the job of the other moderators harder because some members see Gio behave badly and imitate his behavior. That causes disruption and minimizes the quality of posts and threads. If Gio can't behave himself in a manner fitting of a moderator then he should be removed from the position. That is all...

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
Insert pointless moaning here.
I can think of three responses to this.

Response #1:

http://www.menopause.org/

Response #2:

The moderators can do whatever the fvck they want. People don't have to be here if they don't want, do they? No-ones forcing you to come here and moan to us about being sexist or misguided or whatever.

Response #3:

Don't you have some ironing to do?

I couldn't think which one to use, so lets go with all three.

(On another note, how do I use the URL code?)

Zonder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah.

Allen why is Gio flame-baiting Wyldfire?

A few of the old DJ's (who've read more than 2000 of her posts) seem to think she's here only to create drama AND to get egoboosts. Gio's reasoning might be that, as the most prolific DJ flamer, she deserves at least a hint of a flame war to keep going. Otherwise she may even leave the board. If you think it's easy to read her posts, and even reply to them, think again. He's actually sacrificing himself for the sake of the board dynamics (what would we be without wyld's thread hijacking and flame wars).

Give her a break, folks, there are too many people here, including yours truly, who have added her to their "ignore" lists so she's not getting the same excitement she used to when she was new.

Listen, she's a grown up girl. She doesn't need mods to constantly protect her from other posters' criticism, although she admits to reporting to them just about every post she doesn't like. I bet she even reported Gio's posts, which have no direct insult whatsoever.

Notice I haven't said anything other than what everybody here already knows (I can easily prove every word of it), and yet I'm positive she will perceive even this as a personal attack.

Thread closing in 3...2...1...

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by aftershock
I can think of three responses to this.

Response #1:

http://www.menopause.org/

Response #2:

The moderators can do whatever the fvck they want. People don't have to be here if they don't want, do they? No-ones forcing you to come here and moan to us about being sexist or misguided or whatever.

Response #3:

Don't you have some ironing to do?

I couldn't think which one to use, so lets go with all three.

(On another note, how do I use the URL code?)
:crackup:

Screw the "hotornot" thread...

Aftershock, I officially nominate your reply as "Reply of the Year."

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You wanna explain why he deletes posts that smack him back?

Yeah, thought so.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So my point is do your fvcking job.

You know, I like to see Internet messageboards in two ways.

The first is that it's the owners "house", so to speak, so you're always decent to them. Because they can kick you out for whatever reason they like.

The second is that it's like a dictatorship, operating almost like a private country. One owner appoints his cabinet and they do what the fvck they want. If they don't like you, they can kick you out, or similar.

Remember you are here by choice. If you do not like what this website has to offer, go elsewhere!

The moderation isn't perfect (what site is?), but then again we all differ on what should be moved, locked etc. I think it's adequate, so I stay here.

(I'm not going to have to refer you to the homepage of the North American Menopause Society as well, am I?)

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh..right. There's a secret item that you don't have as well. It's called the ability to moderate.

TheVirtualMind aren't you the one who is supposed to "moderate" the Tips Forum?? Let's take a glance at a few threads on the front page ONLY:

Thread 1 ..This one should be moved to Discussion

Thread 2 ..This one should be moved to Health & Fitness

Thread 3 ..This one should be moved to Anything Else

Thread 4 ..This one should have been moved to Anything Else and then CLOSED.

So my point is do your fvcking job.

Hmmm, aren't there two of us on that "moderators for this forum" list? We get to it, it's just a matter of time. If people would post GOOD stuff in Tips, then it'd be better in there.

By the way, backseat moderating isn't a great endowment to getting a spot here. Do YOUR fycking job and just post GOOD stuff, not stuff that compares to what ends up in the toilet after fajita night.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by aftershock
You know, I like to see Internet messageboards in two ways.

The first is that it's the owners "house", so to speak, so you're always decent to them. Because they can kick you out for whatever reason they like.

The second is that it's like a dictatorship, operating almost like a private country. One owner appoints his cabinet and they do what the fvck they want. If they don't like you, they can kick you out, or similar.

Remember you are here by choice. If you do not like what this website has to offer, go elsewhere!

The moderation isn't perfect (what site is?), but then again we all differ on what should be moved, locked etc. I think it's adequate, so I stay here.

(I'm not going to have to refer you to the homepage of the North American Menopause Society as well, am I?)
Screw that. The owner is going to find himself without any DAMN HOUSEGUESTS if him and his cabinet keep up with their incompetence.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I can't believe they banned crowes. Although a bit rough around the edges...crowes actually CONTRIBUTED to the discussions and he rarely bothered with flame wars. If he was pissed enough at Gio to start those threads, there was a reason for it.

Allen needs to do some serious house cleaning with the moderators. Diablo and Paradox seem to be the only ones who actually take the position seriously and give a damn about the site. It shows in how they moderate. I guess there could be others who don't come around very much anymore, but I see diablo and paradox doing most of the work and I happen to think it's really sh*tty that the lazier moderators have no respect for the fact that they make more work for the ones who actually DO the job they volunteered to do.

What a shame...

Status
Not open for further replies.