Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Which Restaurant...

John Shaft

Reaction score
OK, so there's two restaurants in town that I'm looking at taking a girl to. Now I'm still undecided which one I choose having booked tables at both.

Restaurant 1: High Class, great food, lots of suited business types. Italian food.

Restaurant 2: a little less of all the above. Italian food.

Is there any general rule for a first date? Do you go for the more impressive Restaurant #1 which I have eaten at a number of times before, surrounded by $$$ types, you know, Lamborghini outside, or do you go for the somewhat 'safer' Restaurant #2.

Basically, will I come off better where I'm the most talked about thing in the restaurant (#2) or by mingling with the best in the city (#1) and being a part of that whole crowd!

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My initial reaction would be to tell you that you'll feel like a chump in the event that you bring her to the 4-star Restaurant and nothing takes off between you and her afterwards, leaving you with an empty wallet and a severe case of blue balls. Then again, if that's your usual crowd and you have money to burn I don't see why not. I'd stick with #2... but then again, if I went to a nice restaurant for every first date I'd be a very broke individual.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for coffeee....

Before you start spending big $$'s on her, ensure that there is chemistry from both sides.

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would pick restaurant number 2

why try to make her think your something your not? by going to the fanciest restaurant? it would be a waste of money.

John Shaft

Reaction score
Honestly, cost wise it isn't that much... main course, half a bottle of wine, and there's very little to choose between the two sets of prices... just so happens that the reputation of #1 is a little better, more exclusive, and its location means that you get a lot from the top end of town... it is somewhere you either need to know people to get that table, or you think about it and get a table a little in advance whereas you almost certainly turn up at #2

The dilemna is purely one of do I flash the who I know about in having got that table, but with it still being early days, the risk is there for the focus to become that guy who just stepped out of the Lamborghini, or 'Isn't that the guy from TV?' because despite what I am, at 21 I've not got that same financial status as 'Mr. $300,000 a year' yet... your identity is somewhat lost in all this and it interrupts your building of some great rapport whereas with #2 the same 'distractions' wouldn't be in issue as much, thus providing a better environment for the building of rapport. A little more intimacy and whatnot

baracus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take her to Taco Bell and try the new Grilled Stuft Chicken Enchilada Burrito. . .

Seriously, trying to impress a woman on a first date by taking her to some flashy restaurant is stupid [i'm not saying that to flame; I'm just being honest]. The reasons for this have been discussed over and over, so I'm not going into it.

Coffee is a much better idea. But if you insist on a meal, why go to a place where you'll both feel uptight (unless she's loaded, of course)? Personally, I'd rather take her to a casual, more colorfull place, like a bar & grill--even a commercial kind like Uno's or Bennigan's or some sh*t like that. But that's just me at this age.

John Shaft

Reaction score
Well, it isn't a first date in a strict sense. I posted a thread a few days ago since we work in retail together. Her in a full time position having recently finished her studies whilst I'm there on a part time basis in the last year of my studies. We spend a lot of time together in work, she'll drop friends and insist we grab some lunch together, for example, if we're both in on the same day.

Normally I'd do the coffee route but it seems trife to do that in the given scenario because we've already got that ground knowledge. If we did the simple KFC or McDonalds thing it'd just be doing the same thing we did last time we grabbed some lunch together! I needed to distinguish this a little hence the jump to something more

But I'm leaning towards #2 at the minute

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, rule #1 you need to follow is until she has shown the MOST interest in you (****ed you) then you should not be going on so called "dates." Remember that rule!!

Dates should be an exclusive reward and privilege of those girls that you're already sleeping with.

Tell her you are making a bomb dish and she should come over. Its not hard learn a couple good recipes. I'm a chef though so I guess I'm a pro. :D

What are some more non-dates?

- You go the store/mall and invite her to join.

- You tell her your going to rent a movie and ask her to join.

- You are going to the gym, invite her to join.

- You are going for a jog/walk/basketball/sports invite her to join.

- Go for coffee and invite her to join.

Use your game to bag the chicks and once you do reward her. It goes along way especially when girls are used to guys trying to get into their pants by taking them out to fancy ass dinners right away.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Well, since you eat together all the time maybe you should focus the date on doing something else.

DeathDealer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah spend $50 on dinner, impress her.

bring flowers and jewelry while you're at it.

oh and coffee is great idea, i do enjoy sitting down with someone and blabbing for 2 hrs sitting in the same position for 2 hours.

bring a book to read too. yeahhh

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by DeathDealer
yeah spend $50 on dinner, impress her.

bring flowers and jewelry while you're at it.

oh and coffee is great idea, i do enjoy sitting down with someone and blabbing for 2 hrs sitting in the same position for 2 hours.

bring a book to read too. yeahhh
Christ...who pissed in your cheerios?