Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

which is better

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a weight gainer, which one will honestly help me more?

http://www.a1supplements.com/detail.aspx?ID=2626&Name=Serious-Mass-12-lbs.

or

http://www.a1supplements.com/detail.aspx?ID=2691&Name=True-Mass-5.75-lbs.

Optimum nutrition obviously has higher calories, but its recommended serving size is also twice the amount of BSN. Optimum also has more carbs, but it has 50g of sugar as well compared to the 13.5 in BSN. Is this extra sugar going to be bad for my diet? Also which one is better tasting?

theNOTO

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would recommend buying a regular protein powder (I use Optimum's 100% Whey) and then add in your own extras, i.e. flax seed oil for fat and oats for carbs.

It will save you a lot of money and give you the same results.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I second the notion..... that BSN is 35 bucks a jug, with 18 days of servings (assuming 1 a day) and 9 days if you go 2 a day. That's between 70 and 150 bucks a month on weightgainer which is just protein powder, simple sugars and fat.

For that much money you could get a billion calories in eggs.

I'd much rather spend that $$ on steak :D

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well what would you reccommend for the calories then? 1250 calories in 1 serving, that sounds pretty good to me for just downing a drink

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Easy, off the top of my head.

Description Calories Protein Carbs Fat
2 scoop protein 275 54 8 3
1 tbsp flax 126 0 0 14
1 Cup Milk 85 8 11 0
1 Cup Milk 85 8 11 0
1 Tbsp PB 100 3.5 3 8
Oatmeal 150 5 27 3
TOTAL 821 78.5 60 28

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best part of bulking is cramming your face all day! Why would you want to rob yourself of that pleasure by taking a weight gainer? :woo:

Soapz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Really? Just add uncooked oats to a shake? Won't it be...erm....wierd? (not to mention lumpy?)

Oh, and whats 1 tbsp PB?

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you could also cook your oatmeal so it's soft... takes about 3 minutes :)

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dump oats into a whey drink then eat them out with a spoon.

suck it up!

Reaction score
hey man i used Optimum nutrition and i gained a lot of FAT, i gained like 6% of body fat in a week, and when i finished the whey protein i stopped using supplements, just eating real food and thats when i stopped gaining fat and started gaining muscle.

you can buy it but i recomend you to buy real food instead, you can buy meat instead of that ****

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its extremely hard for me to gain weight, so I do plan to eat as much solid 'real' food as I can. However, i'm going to be drinking shakes with my meals or in between them as well to gain as much mass as possible. I just started working out fairly heavy, and i'm serious about it now instead of just buying the equipment and letting it collect dust.

Anyways I went ahead and bought the 12lbs of optimum nutrition weight gainer, I was told it was the tastiest one of all and is easiest to take down. I also bought the 10lb bag of their whey. So when I don't have time to make my own shakes(which is quite often since i'm working out early in the morning then going to school, and then work after.) i'll be using the weight gainer. Later in the day when I have time, or the night before, i'll make my own shakes. So it should last at least 2-3 months between the both of them I think.

Lets see how it goes.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eminence, tell me your height/weight and a true sample diet day and I'll tell you how much money you wasted on your weight gainer ..

Soapz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you might as well eat a bar of chocolate and guzzle down a protein shake instead.

Same calories, more protein, more delicious. :up:

cheaper too!