• Pacquiao vs Clottey

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Mayweather vs Mosley

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just getting over the heart break of not seeing my dream fight of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Although I swore off less-than-heavyweight boxing for a minute, I just can't get away from the atmosphere. Hype pays bills end of story. Anyway the two top names in boxing both have fights schedule for the next few months.

The question is, which is more interesting to you and why? I'd ask all fan boys to keep their bias out of the matter but I don't believe in fairy tales. Pacquiao vs Clottey is scheduled for March 13th in Arlington, Texas and Mayweather vs Mosley is set for May 1st in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Discuss.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mayweather V Mosley is a 10 times better fight as far as the two mens legacies!

But Clottey V Pac will be more head to head action packed.

Personally, I'm all for the first matchup! A true clash of the titans, haven't had one of them in a while!

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's interesting to note that the Paquiao fight is going to be in Cowboys Stadium making it far more accessible then the Mayweather fight. Ticket prices will be more numerous and cheaper across the board. This could give people who otherwise might be on the fence about boxing a better shot at getting into the sport since it's less of an investment. I like Vegas as much as the next guy (okay I like vegas MORE then just about everybody) but having a fight in Arlington might do more for boxing overall.

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think having the Big Paquiao fight out of vegas is a breath of fresh air for boxing. Since this fight is in one of the largest stadiums in the world, boxing will jump up in popularity and more mainstream ahead of mma.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeBrown30 said:
What's going to be the outcome this week? I don't think Clottey is offensive minded enough to beat Pac.
Think exactly the same.

Easy, one sided UD for Pac.

Szyzzlin

Don Juan
Reaction score
What year is this 1990??? I'm pretty sure boxing died about 15 years ago with the Tyson/Holyfield fights.

Let's talk about a real sport... St. Pierre is gonna sh*t kick Hardy. I hope Hardy dies in the ring.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as I am aware, boxing still generates more than MMA!

Let alone their fighters are 100% times more skilled than those wrestling bogans!

MeteorMash

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaucho said:
As far as I am aware, boxing still generates more than MMA!

Let alone their fighters are 100% times more skilled than those wrestling bogans!
As a person who trains for MMA, I have to call BS on that. You have no Idea how much training those guys go through to get to the levels that they are in pro. It's really alot harder than it looks. The first day I started I was like "lol i'm gonna just beat him up" then after words I was like "ok, looks like I can't do that"

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hardcore fans knew Clottey stood no chance stylistically. He throws punches like they cost him money, and doesn't have the power to stop Pac. Even if he did somehow pull of the miracle, if Marquez can't get a decision after schooling Pac twice, Clottey sure as fukk isn't getting a decision.

That was a joke of a fight with a dreadful undercard just to add salt to the wound.

May-Mosley is a true mega fight, I can't wait. I have May pts, but it won't be easy. Mosley's defense is lacking, but his chin is granite. Winky is among the most discouraging fighters to face in recent memory, and after 4 poor performances against Forrest and Wright, I doubt Mosley is going to get discouraged here.

Plus I think it's highly suspicious that two Nazim Richardson fighters turn back the clock miraculously against top-tier fighters. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have something magic in a black bottle.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EA Gold said:
I think having the Big Paquiao fight out of vegas is a breath of fresh air for boxing. Since this fight is in one of the largest stadiums in the world, boxing will jump up in popularity and more mainstream ahead of mma.
While that's nice in theory, the difference between boxing and MMA is that MMA cards are usually good.

Alfonso Gomez? a fossil Castillo? John Duddy? David ' Journeyman' Diaz? Give me a fukn break.

This is the same Jew who gave us JCC Jr as a co-main eventer on a marquee PPV. Arum couldn't care less about the the fans or future of boxing, his Jewness is unheard of, he'd probably sell his family to gypsies for a buck.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MeteorMash said:
As a person who trains for MMA, I have to call BS on that. You have no Idea how much training those guys go through to get to the levels that they are in pro. It's really alot harder than it looks. The first day I started I was like "lol i'm gonna just beat him up" then after words I was like "ok, looks like I can't do that"
A lot of the top notch MMA fighters have been practicing their sport for the last several years.

Nearly all top boxing fighters have been mastering their sport since they were infants.

That's my point.

It's why guys who are meant to be top 'strikers', look like complete junk and the good ones end up being taken to the ground.

A lot of them end up jack of all trades, master of none, makes for very messy looking fights IMO.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude the Mayweather Mosley fight was AWESOME. I just got home now and it's 10 am. It was grand stand around this place. I got bad news for the Pacman fans on the board. Manny has no chance against Floyd. His defense is amazing. I know Paci has knock down power but it doesn't work if you can't hit the person you're fighting. Mayweather is a pugilist in the same way Lenox Lewis was. He has fighting down to a science. And after he parties like nothing happened. Amazing.

MikeBrown30

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
I thought Shane had him in the 2nd, but Floyd had the presence of mind to hold on until the cobwebs were gone. It's a pity he was looking for the same shot for the rest of the fight, which never came. Mayweather put on a clinic as usual, too fast, too skilled. Shane looked gassed after the 5th, in my opinion I think he should pack it in.

I'm hoping Pac Vs Floyd is actually signed....who has the hand speed to match that of Mayweather? Who has a high work rate and a sh1tload of stamina? Pacs defense isn't the best, but his chin is solid, and some of the angles he throws punches from will catch Floyd off-guard. If the fight doesn't get signed, neither fighter can claim themselves to be the 1# P4P, I will also be pissed off.

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
looking at mosley's past fight, it was quite obvious he maybe out outclassed against mayweather.

But please don't let this determine how the fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao will turn out.

You just don't know the heart of The Philippino, Manny will find a way to overcome any defense and tactics, including mayweather.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeBrown30 said:
I thought Shane had him in the 2nd, but Floyd had the presence of mind to hold on until the cobwebs were gone. It's a pity he was looking for the same shot for the rest of the fight, which never came. Mayweather put on a clinic as usual, too fast, too skilled. Shane looked gassed after the 5th, in my opinion I think he should pack it in.

I'm hoping Pac Vs Floyd is actually signed....who has the hand speed to match that of Mayweather? Who has a high work rate and a sh1tload of stamina? Pacs defense isn't the best, but his chin is solid, and some of the angles he throws punches from will catch Floyd off-guard. If the fight doesn't get signed, neither fighter can claim themselves to be the 1# P4P, I will also be pissed off.
Yeh that's how I saw it.

Except that Mosley gassed way too early and never even looked for the shot again. But agree on the Pac V Mayweather stylistic matchup.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaucho said:
Yeh that's how I saw it.

Except that Mosley gassed way too early and never even looked for the shot again. But agree on the Pac V Mayweather stylistic matchup.

Who do you like in that fight? Its funny cause it seems like after Pac or Mayweather fights everyone thinks they will win. I think its a pick em fight.... but if anyone can beat Pac its Mayweather and vice versa

Mayweather probably makes fight adjustments as good as anyone I've ever seen.