Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Which bodybuilder (or non bodybuilder) look do you aim for?

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with Bagel in that Stallone looks pretty small - if he had to take roids to get any of that bulk, then that's pretty sad.

I don't want to look like anyone in particular, but I want to get to around 235 with 8 to 10% bodyfat. Height is 6'1. The highest I would go as far as lean mass is probably 240. I'm toying with the idea of starting a 6 week cycle of the DOE Kettlebell ManMaker (for fat loss and strength-endurance), doing EDT for awhile, then doing a 6 week cycle of the 20-rep squat program over the winter. A guy at DragonDoor gained 25 pounds over the course of about 4 weeks of 20-rep squat, and is still going. He started it off squatting 135 for 20 reps - and will finish at 225 for 20 reps. No way am I going to have a dream of doing a 6 week cycle of this sucker until baseball class is done (12 hours of practice a week starting next Monday)

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ahh..thanks..that guy is pretty damn cut. A lil on the bulky side of what I'm trying to maintain. But hey, diff strokes/diff folks.

btw - you fellas remember that actor on the movie "Dragon" who played Bruce Lee. He had good definition in that movie and didn't look bulky.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by -HPNOTIQ-

btw - you fellas remember that actor on the movie "Dragon" who played Bruce Lee. He had good definition in that movie and didn't look bulky.
Jason Scott Lee (no relation to Bruce Lee)

picture here

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: why be like someone else?

Originally posted by DIESEL
sorry, bro.. by the time he was 20, he was already on 'em...I figure he jumped on when he started training with his first serious training partner at 17, who just happened to be a 30-something doctor.... hmmm..... read his "Autobiography" and look at the difference in pictures of when he was 16 to when he was 17 - the difference is astonishing.

his biceps aren't that big... also, it all depends on how tall he is.. if he's really 5'6 like everyone says he really is - then go look at a picture of Franco Columbu.. that dude is 5'6 and weighed 180... Stallone is not even close. If he's really 5'6 Stallone barely makes 160.

yup. he used to do deca and clen to get cut up for flicks...

despite the fact that these guys used steroids, it IS still possible to get pretty big without em, but it will just take longer..right?

DJintheworks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dr. Franco was only 5'6 and 180 pounds!!! goodness he was strong for a bodybuilder.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why be like someone else?

Originally posted by WORKEROUTER
despite the fact that these guys used steroids, it IS still possible to get pretty big without em, but it will just take longer..right?
yeah.. the really hard part to do naturally is the cutting.. it's ridiculous how much harder it is to get to that level of leanness naturally - you have to keep an eagle eye on your diet. your diet, in essence, becomes a full-time job.

D

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJintheworks
Dr. Franco was only 5'6 and 180 pounds!!! goodness he was strong for a bodybuilder.
Well, he did start out as a powerlifter, before Arnold convinced him to give bodybuilding a go...

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not a look any of us could ever attain (could anyone?) but I think an early 1970s Sergio Oliva is pretty hard to fault. The 1985 version of Al Beckles also sets a standard in hardness, depth and muscle maturity that I have rarely seen equalled to this day.

http://www.darkwoods.net/bodybuilder/male/bb/gallery/fullsize/beckle01.jpg

That picture really doesn't do him justice, the rear bi shot from the 85 Olympia is mind-blowing, if I could just find it!

http://bodybuilders.com/sergio1.jpg

No need to comment on that one except to say that you won't see any present day pros trying this shot as no-one has ever been able to come close to Sergio on it.

Here's another: http://www.petrukhine.ru/gallery/oliva_sergio/oliva_sergio_09

This time a great shot of 3 time Mr Olympia Frank Zane:
http://www.frankzane.com/images/77frontrelaxed.jpg

A classic from the 1980s, a guy with everything, Bob Paris:

http://www.bodybuilders.com/bobparis3.jpg
http://www.bodybuilders.com/paris22.jpg
http://www.bodybuilders.com/paris1.jpg

Last edited:

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why be like someone else?

Originally posted by DIESEL
yeah.. the really hard part to do naturally is the cutting.. it's ridiculous how much harder it is to get to that level of leanness naturally - you have to keep an eagle eye on your diet. your diet, in essence, becomes a full-time job.

D

So the bulking isnt generally the problem..as much as the cutting is? To tell you the truth I havent really tried the whole "cutting" thing yet. Since im 16, im just focusing on eating well and working out with a solid routine.

But it seems like cutting would be easy for me...losing weight isnt hard for me, and gaining it isnt REALLY hard.

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Yuck. Which is what the typical female reaction would be as well.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should look so good when you are in your 50s Jay. If you are only training with women in mind then get back to your concentration curls and tricep kickbacks, pvssy.

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pft! Whateva, that doesn't look good, it looks totally overboard, do you honestly think that's attractive when every muscle is bulging to the point of exploding? 95 percent of people would not, but obviously it appeals to your homo-erotic tendencies.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay26
Pft! Whateva, that doesn't look good, it looks totally overboard, do you honestly think that's attractive when every muscle is bulging to the point of exploding? 95 percent of people would not, but obviously it appeals to your homo-erotic tendencies.
LOL, yeah I should have guessed that I would get such a jaundiced and pathetic response like that. Maybe you can't look at such images without doubting your OWN sexuality seeing as you raised the issue. Whether you think such a look is appealing or not you clearly don't appreciate the hard work that goes into such a physique and the dedication it entails. Perhaps you can't relate to such concepts generally anyway? Furthermore, it's not really a question of whether you find such a look attractive - you raised attraction by the way - I am more intrigued at the level of development to which a physique can be taken to in terms of mass, balance, definition etc, as I respect and understand the level of training and knowledge it takes to reach such a point. Clearly you don't. Like I said, go back to your fluff training and relying on your body image for your self-esteem and your success (or not) with women.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by OddTech
Jason Scott Lee (no relation to Bruce Lee)

picture here
Thanks OddTech.

Yeah..Jason Scott Lee. That's the body that drives my workouts. Lean and Cut. Not bulky, Not Neanderthal, Not a Steroid Induced Gorilla. Lean and Cut.

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I literally ran into Sly Stallone in NYC many years ago.

He looked to be about 5'7" to me, but I didn't get a look at his shoes. He was wearing this huge leather jacket, so I didn't get a true view of his physique, either.

Whatever you think about him, you've got to hand it to him ... he's a gazillioner from all those movies and a cult hero -- a true success story.