Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Whey protein: No weight gain

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Been taking around 50 -100g now for 3 days, and have still made no weight gain. I feel stronger but thats about it.

Is this normal?

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrong.

I take it's a slow process? I've not even gained a pound.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's probably going to the bathroom and pooping out any of his weight gains. Stop going to the bathroom.

Cash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
but it makes you shít. There's no getting around it.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Put yourself on "receive" for a while, when it comes to exercise/nutrition. Seriously.

Unless you were on the strongest steroids, you wouldn't notice any appreciable gains after 3 days. Besides, in that timeframe even if there was a gain (or a loss), it would probably go unnoticed because you most likely don't (and really, in a way, can't) control all the variables like hydration, food intake prior to weigh-in, etc.

Find a real nutrition/exercise forum and read for a while. Don't post--don't even register. Just read. I can even recommend a good one.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People have this idea that whey protein is some sort of magical musclebuilder. It's not! 100g of whey is 70+g of protein, that's eating two cans of tuna. Eat two cans of tuna every day for three days - will you gain muscular weight? NO! Weight gain takes time and consistency plus hard training. Especially if you want to gain quality weight.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
People have this idea that whey protein is some sort of magical musclebuilder. It's not! 100g of whey is 70+g of protein, that's eating two cans of tuna. Eat two cans of tuna every day for three days - will you gain muscular weight? NO! Weight gain takes time and consistency plus hard training. Especially if you want to gain quality weight.
What are you trying to say WBA? I started drinking the stuff this weekend because I have a Mr. Olympiad compedition on Thursday! Are you saying that I may not win!!!???!!! :woo:

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who really cares about weight as long as you're getting stronger, leaner and looking better? I feel that weight by itself is probably one of the most overrated things to look for.

Assessing body composition is much more important than simply checking weight when training purely for aesthetics.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
Who really cares about weight as long as you're getting stronger, leaner and looking better? I feel that weight by itself is probably one of the most overrated things to look for.
WTF? This is not about the rationale behind his training. This is about LACK OF RESULTS.

Quit being so pessimistic, and critical.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call_Me_Daddy said:
If you're worried about $hitting, just don't eat anything.

Ever.

Problem solved.
Or eat everything and don't sh1t. You'd more than likely bulk up (out) then!

wunnaBsmooth

Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:

MY cans of Chicken of the sea tuna says 13g protein..... Am I missing something?
Heck! I like the taste of tuna....... it's better than my whey mix! And it's a lot cheaper too!

DR Chillz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well he probally hasnt done enough curls and bench pressing duh guys come on:rolleyes:

DR Chillz can remane cool in any situation

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wunnaBsmooth said:
MY cans of Chicken of the sea tuna says 13g protein..... Am I missing something?
Heck! I like the taste of tuna....... it's better than my whey mix! And it's a lot cheaper too!
13g per serving. 2.5 servings in a typical 6.5 oz can.