Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Whether you like it or not, Atheism is a religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats why im no longer atheist, and I consider myself agnostic.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really.

Its simply a lack of belief.

Without god belief I think one of the definitions goes.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes it is

Athiesm is the beleif that there is absolutely no ****ing way that there is a god. It is believing that they are 100% certain that there is no higher being or supernatural

Closeminded, I used to be very closeminded myself.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Atheism isn't a religion. It's the disbelief in religion. Atheists don't have churches or bibles.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you sure that disbelief your living is not a lie? Are you 100% certain that everything ends when your heart stops beating? no your not but you still will continue to hold on to that disbelief wich ironically makes it a belief.

What do we know?

There is no ****ing way to prove anything or disprove anything, The equation never ends. Everything comes to light is explained by science but then what is the origin to the explanation.

What is the origin of the beginning? what sparked the sparking of the begginning? There is no end to the equation and there will never be an answer?

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atheism, by definition, is a lack of religion. Such denial is the one and only defining characteristic of an atheist, as it is the one and only shared trait. Atheism is not a religion in the common sense of the word of belief in a divine being, but by "Atheism is a religion" you really infer a certain set of rules governing reality. Since all belief systems can be reduced to philosophy, since all philosophies can be misconstrued as religion, i.e. a system of thought, what you have said is absolutely meaningless in every sense of the word. Since it's Saturday night, I suspect you were drunk and so I thereby forgive you, but nonetheless you are wrong.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Unique said:
Whether you like it or not, Atheism is a religion.
I covered this recently in another thread, but I see I need to do it again:

All agnostics are atheists, but not all atheists are agnostics. If you're not a theist - which means to believe in at least one god - then you are, by default, an atheist (ones that does not have a belief in God).

Also:
Weak Atheists (aka agnostics) - Do not believe in a God, but does not claim to know that no God exists because they believe there's no way to know for sure.
Strong Atheists - Also does not believe in any God, but goes further by claiming to know that there are no Gods.

To answer your question, even Strong Atheism is not a religion. There's a lot more to a religion than just a claim with respect to the existence or non-existence of God. Religions have rituals, creeds, rules, objectives, and a host of other stuff. In the same respect, Deism isn't a religion either.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes my mistake was using the word "religion", what I meant to say strong atheism is just as close minded as any religion out there.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Unique said:
yes my mistake was using the word "religion", what I meant to say strong atheism is just as close minded as any religion out there.
Remember though - a great many of them do use the word "believe". Strong Atheists "believe" there are no Gods. Christians believe there is a God. Yes, some take it to the next step and boast that they know, but a great many don't.

IMO, it's more an arrogance to claim to know something that you cannot know. But again, if someone just says that they believe, especially via faith, then who am I to tell them that they can't (believe). Sure, it isn't logical or rational, but people do it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.