Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Where to Find Plates

Equilibrium

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys -

First post here, decided to join after reading Rollo's blog.

I was wondering where to go to find women. I know that may seem like a dumb question, but I'm legitimately stumped. I hate nightclubs and I can't dance, and I'm also not into downing tons of carbs in a bar. I've been trying online game, with some results, but I want to know where to practice in the flesh, so to speak. I was hoping some of you had some ideas. Since college graduation, it's been hard to meet women. In college I'd join a club and I'd meet women that way, but I can't do that anymore. It seems most of what I get involved in now has few if any women around my age. I'm serious about my workouts so the gym isn't a good place. Any suggestions would be real appreciated, and you can bet I will take action because I really want to get good at this. Right now I have 0 plates, and I just want to get started but I don't know where to begin.

Thanks

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't like clubs go to bars. Just work out that much harder to keep the beer or two that you will drink off. Bars/clubs, work, and thru friends are how most people meet their significant others and their plates.

People here will talk about meetup groups, salsa dancing classes, and cooking classes. They may work once in awhile but not all that often. You can try them but I don't think many dates come from them. They are often overrun with socially awkward nerds (I used to go to them by the way!) and couples. They MAY expand your social circle though so maybe...

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People here will talk about meetup groups, salsa dancing classes, and cooking classes.
I've done the first two and gotten dates/lays from them, especially the second one. I'm pretty good at Salsa so getting numbers from this scene is very easy. You just must stand out from all the nerds. You can also try other types of dancing (Swing, Blues, Argentine Tango). They will work, despite what FairShake says. Havent tried cooking classes yet - but you know what, I need to improve my cooking skills so this is one to consider :D

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take up a hobby or three of things you're genuinely interested in. Preferably things that will put you in contact with lots of women. One of the threads here talked about Yoga, which is good and all, but it'll only work to your advantage if you really want to do yoga. I like Crossfit and climbing and have a smorgasbord of FIT SEXY women because of it, and it rings true when talking to them because I'm genuinely interested in them as fitness related hobbies. Other solid options are nightlife meetup groups if you don't know where else to start. This can be a drawback though as you get better, as I found out first hand. I went through all the attractive women, how few of them there were, and I had to cut myself off from it because I got a reputation as a player.

Equilibrium

Don Juan
Reaction score
True, FairShake, and those things are starting to get overrun with old people too, especially divorcees. I'm very apprehensive to spend a few hundred on a dance class only to be surrounded by old people and dorks. If I knew that there would be even 6 women around my age who are hot, I would be down, but that's not a given. I'd try any kind if I knew it would be a good investment, but it's hard to tell if it will be or not. Also, signing up for things is iffy for me, because I am in the Army and only in my location until May (then I won't really see any chicks for months... gah! So I'm hoping to at least find women by then).

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You dont have to spend a few hundred for dance classes. Most of the basic salsa, swing classes will run you $10-15 per class, maximum.

Equilibrium

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's good advice Nutz. I guess after further consideration, I really am interested in learning to dance, and I have 3 full months to learn, so maybe I should really look for a good dance class. Something a newb can do. I'll hit the Google and check that out. I'll also check out nightlife meetups and stuff.

@Serg - sounds good, I'm checking them out now. Latina's are my favorite anyway, hopefully the Salsa classes have a few :D

MisterD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good answers so far in regards to taking up hobbies that truly interest you. I also spiderweb my social circle. Just keep meeting friends of friends. It's easier to approach them because somewhere down the line you have a common bond ("Hey you go to school with my friend so and so right?"). Some people may just be scoping out for hot chicks, but anyone who I find to be a cool person I try to maintain contact with them. You never know when you'll meet someone through them, so I keep those bridges open.

Equilibrium

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are right. I just need to do more stuff, much thanks for all the responses so far. I signed up for a salsa class at a Cuban nightclub, and they seemed real happy to have me because they don't get a ton of guys - so basically I walked into what's looking to be the perfect situation. It's 21+ so I should meet lot of girls around my age, which is nice, I definitely don't have to worry about the crowd being sparse on targets.

I called my bro to see if he would come with me, and his GF found out and found me a few women to date, so through this Salsa class I already have like 3 dates and haven't even gone yet. It's been a good day. Hopefully I can keep this momentum going. I want to find 2 more places to meet women though, because Nutz mentioned having 3 things you find interesting that would have women. Time to do some hardcore thinking.