Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Where do you shop for healthy food?

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
All of the stores I go to sell microwavable, fat people crap. I need to know where to go to find healthy food.

j0n24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Farmers markets have some pretty good organic stuff I've seen and heard some good things of going to the butchers to get your meat as well.

Then again if you want to be serious you cant really get anything "Healthy," Just because of how much pesticides and changes to the molecules in the seeds before you even buy it that taint them. Best way to do it...grow and raise your own food haha.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blah blah blah....Just go to the store buy any fresh meats/poultry on sale. The only organic stuff I'd buy is things like soft fruit/grapes/ apples cause usually those are heavily hit with pesticides.

Yet if you eat clean 90% of the time no junk food and crap, work out regularly you'll be absolutely fine.

A lot of the extra **** people worry about doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, you'll probably be dead before eating hormone injected grain fed beef or mass produced super steroid chicken, a lot of plastic xenoestrogens really effect you that BAD...so just eat real animals, don't heat up lots of plastics when eating foods (use glass/ceramic), eat some fresh fruit/vegetables with every protein serving, nuts/good fats and you'll be fine!!! A neighborhood chain store carries everything you need...Krogers/Meijers

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't get too hung up on the "organic" label. I find that there is a big difference in organic milk, and also ketchup. Everything else is not distinguishable to me.

I come from a farming family and we actually have a spot at our local farmer's market. fwiw, there are some very deadly pesticides that are still "organic." My grandpa has been spraying crops for 60 years, and he does not want to touch some of those organic pesticides. We use Sevin, the brand name for carbaryl. It's been around 50 years. When I was a kid, we put it directly on dogs and cats to kill ticks. Still when I use it today on plants, I just grab a handful with my bare hand and sprinkle. Although harmless to people, Sevin is very much not organic.

Also, even if you are an organic farmer, with the new laws, to sell a product as organic you have to pay I think $500 and have your farm inspected by the state. That is more trouble than it is worth to a lot of small farmer's market vendors.

roymiller

Reaction score
Don't shop when you are hungry or in a hurry. In either case you will be more likely to grab junk, processed foods or sugary treats. Fresh fruits and vegetables are best, but if you can't eat them in a day or two, frozen fruits and vegetables are a better choice.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
The perimeter of ANY grocery store is where most of the good stuff is sold...meats, dairy, veggies, etc.

The only aisles I visit are for brown rice, tuna, and oatmeal. Just about everything else I want is located along the perimeter of the store.
you know now that i think about it, your absolutely right. i hardly find myself going through the isles. there is so much processed junk.

samuelbelly

Reaction score
Certified biodynamic and organic foods are available every Wednesday and Friday for buyers who buy at the farm Mimsbrook biodynamic, organic food store, which is ideally situated, or in our shop East Victoria Park.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i go to whole foods.
that's the only place i shop now.
every time i go inside a walmart, i want to through up.

Matt281

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most grocery stores sell some good stuff if you shop around the outside (fruits, meats, vegtables, etc).

I go to local co-ops, and if their around, trader joe's and whole foods.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
trader joe's is a great place to pick up flash frozen fish (better than anything but fresh fish caught the same morning).

i mostly agree with espi but i'd add dried beans and frozen veggies to the list of things not generally found on the perimeter.